What's new

DaedalusD3D8 wip shots

sk8bloke22

roll for life
wow, this is the best ive seen pilotwings emulated, still problems with shadow and sky tho, but very very very playable.

bodie

i had it running for a couple of games and i thought it looked really good ,but now i can't get it to run those games that worked or any other for that matter ..i keep getting a error box with D3DERR_INVALIDCALL and the box has DAEDALUS 0.07B on it although it is the latest ..but all the same it ran well for a few games ..not having any problems with jabos and glide or even tr64's ..so haven't a clue what's happened ..going to try a few more things to see if i can get it working again
bodie ....

CoDeX

Emutalk Member
To my me there does not work, that I can do in order that me it works? :(

mario.JPG

Last edited:
OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
CoDeX, Voodoo cards do not work well because they don't support DirectX 8.0+ or their DX8 drivers are bad.

bodie, if you read my post completely then you should know that there are some bugs to stop the plugin from running many games, you need to quit your emu and restart, so to refresh plugin's memory.

bodie

yeah rice i did read that shortly after posting ...but by that time i had already tried it and i still get constant(everytime) D3DERROR_INVALIDCALL messages .. just about tried everything now .. just strange that it worked for a short while and now just the error messages ..from what i could see of the plugin in my brief spell testing was very impressive...i am using winxp pro and have all the latest drivers .
by the way this is not a criticism,just me having a case of itchy testing fingers because it looks good ..
bodie...

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
bodie said:
yeah rice i did read that shortly after posting ...but by that time i had already tried it and i still get constant(everytime) D3DERROR_INVALIDCALL messages .. just about tried everything now .. just strange that it worked for a short while and now just the error messages ..from what i could see of the plugin in my brief spell testing was very impressive...i am using winxp pro and have all the latest drivers .
by the way this is not a criticism,just me having a case of itchy testing fingers because it looks good ..
bodie...
Try to uninstall the emulator you're trying to run it in completly (that is, including the registery).
See if that works.
BTW, bodie, you have a really shitty post rate :D j/k

BladeX

Everyone seems to have 1964 0.83c - I only have 0.83 - How do u get the new version or is it only for beta testers???
PS Dance Dance Revolution (J) runs with no slowdown - great work!!!!!

bodie

i know my post count sucks .. that's life with a newborn for you .. they take up your life and eat away at your emulation time :) .. i still view the board alot just can't play the active role that i once could .. not yet anyway ! no more babies for me! :thumbsup:
... i did uninstall the emulator and all the registry settings ..i really have exausted all avenues of thought ..can't go drastic and do a hard drive format ,at the moment it's not a very good option .. it's a shame because this seems like a great plugin to have , a nice addition to the collection .
Just wish i knew why it worked and then didn't
bodie

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Let me see, did you modify the some of the configuration. You can try to use other "Frame Buffer Type", the default one is "Double Bufer Copy", it should work.

BTW, configuration will not be saved into registry except the Screen Resolution setting.

If you still get the INVALIDCALL error, then your DX8 must have been screwed.

Gamer123

Xbox Addict
I've tried a few games, and they're pretty slow. I dont know what some of the video options do. Can someone briefly explain what the video configuration options do?

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Gamer123, speed slow should be caused by your video card driver, try to update it. The plugin's default configuration should be the fastest one.

Some explanation of the options:

Frame Buffer Type: DirectX frame buffer setting, most games should be working fast and good with the default one "Double Buffer Copy". If you have get flickering with some game, you may try other type to see if you can get better.

Smart Screen Update: A few games is doing screen cleaning after drawing, without this option, you will only seen black screen in such games, like "Chameleon Twiest 2", "WCW vs WNo - World Tour" and few others.

Hack - Enable/Disable hacks in the plugin, some games required the hacks are turn on, some games need it to be off. I do have a list of games. I hope I can remove this option later, don't like to use hacks.

Faster Texture CRC - a faster way to check texture CRC, 1080 is much faster with this option on.

Normal Blending / Disable Blending - option to color alpha blending, the disable blending option will taken over normal blending if both are selected. Try it and you will see the different.

Emulate Frame Buffer - Should be disabled, it is not implemented yet, will be in the next release.

WinFrame mode - you should know it, or just try it.

Rice

crhylove

Banned
eventually...

is there going to be some way to alter these options in the ini? that'd be pretty sweet, i hate going through and changing vid settings for every rom by hand. :)

and the daedelus ini could be extended to allow for these conditions.

rhy

E

emuguy

it dont work for me. i load a game and the graphics are all messed (when they are there) and the frame rate is at about 12fps. is there any settings i may need to change? oh and how have people got perfect dark running with this plugin?

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Some new shots

Toy Story 2, Is this the first plugin to see these shots? It is not big deal anyway.

Eddy

I Run This
rice just a question, the NET means that you compiled the exe with vs net or that it contains the netplay code