What's new

corn problems

Emu&Co

Fuggin Retro Fan
They can be seen in the Manuals. One of these manuals should be for your board. Check Manuals for "CPU Speed Settings for Pentium P54C and P55C" The Jumpers have Names like J29 and J30. You can see them on the Picture in the Manuals. Good luck.

OP
timmyhawky
thx for all the help and i hope my dad will help me with the overclocking :bouncy: :D :)
i think :n64: emulation is now possible for me:happy: :holiday: :p :D :D :D :D :D :D

Emu&Co

Fuggin Retro Fan
If you have any other problems. Just post it here. Get a Hardware Accelerated 3D Card (Voodoo 2) as extension for your 2D Card. And tell me how it works. Perhaps we can clock the CPU even a bit higher (180 MHz) if it's still not enough. With 166-180 MHz we could try UltraHLE, too. It's another VERRRRRY Fast emulator, which needs a Voodoo Card to run properly.

Emu&Co

Fuggin Retro Fan
As far as I know all Voodoo 2 have 12MB. It would not help your PC to buy something better, because the CPU would slowdown faster Grafic Cards. The maximum for you would be a Voodoo 3. Be aware that a Voodoo 2 is a 3D Accelerator Card. 2D is still done by your 2D Card. A Voodoo 3 is a 2D/3D Accelerator, so your 2D Card would become useless. It's your decision. A Voodoo 3 would be a bit faster of course.

OP
timmyhawky
does 3d acceleration help with corn's speed&grafix and how much speed will i get then?
zelda MM runs now at ~20% of the normal speed without overclocking

Last edited:
OP
timmyhawky
my dad said overclocking is riskly:unsure:
and see the post above for a other question

Last edited:

Emu&Co

Fuggin Retro Fan
It has a small risk in it. But 16 MHz are so minor change that this risk is almost zero, if CPU has a fan on it.

Emu&Co

Fuggin Retro Fan
Connected = On
Disconnected = Off

You must find the Jumpers mentioned in Manual and change their setting from 150 MHz to 166 MHz. For example: Manual "m_s1469_100.pdf" says: "3-4, ON, ON" (J29, J30, J31) is 150 MHz. If you set J29 to 1-2 You'll have 166 MHz. It's the same in all four manuals. The only thing that changes is the Name of the Jumpers and their position on mainboard. Thats why you have to find out, which manual is for yours. Look at the Grafics in the Manuals and which fits best to your Board. If you found one that fits, check the Jumpers Names written on your Board next to the Jumpers. If they fit, too, you can change the Clock speed. BUT: Remember the Original Setting. If something goes wrong you can set it back.

OP
timmyhawky
no of the guides you linked to is matching to my mainboard.
but inside my computer i found a mini-manual.
it says:

P8 processor: clock speed select:

75 mhz pins1-2 50mhz.
90,120,150mhz pins 2-3 60mhz.
100,133,166,200mhz(!) pins 3-4 66mhz.

P9 processor: CPU clock select:

75 ,90, 100 mhz. a1-a2, b1-b2 1.5x
120,133 mhz. a2-a3, b1-b2 2.0x
150,166 mhz. a2-a3, b2-b3 2.5x
200 mhz. a1-a2, b2-b3 3.0x

i don't know which jumper to use

Trotterwatch

I can't believe this thread has gone on for so long. Even with this modification it won't run full speed - and overclocking such a slow processor by 16mhz just doesn't make too much sense IMO.

You'd probably be best off, both you and your father taking a computer course and learning about safe computing - ie how to minimise risk of spyware/viruses whilst not cutting down on your Internet/computing experience.

OP
timmyhawky
but our computer is filled with antispyware and virusscanners,
but there is still a mini-risk and that risk is too big for my dad.
he knows all about virusses, he was checking the site always before i could download it ( he found the dolphin-emu site too to riskly )
and when i downloaded something from a site he found safe enough........:( :corpse: :cry: :x :puke: :doh:

Emu&Co

Fuggin Retro Fan
As I can see here the following switches should be active now:
P8 to pins 2-3 (=60 MHz FSB)
P9 to pins a2-a3, b2-b3 (=Factor 2,5)
(60*2,5=150 MHz)
Is that right?

If yes change P8 to:
P8 to pins 3-4 (=66 MHz FSB)
P9 can be left as it is. (=Factor 2,5)
(66*2,5=166 MHz)

We could clock it even higher (180 MHz), but that is VERY risky. That's why I don't post it here. It could kill your CPU. Now get a Voodoo 2 or 3 and corn should work for some games. Additionally you can try UltraHLE.