What's new

Conker's BFG bug, BIG bug...

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
SquareSoft0

SquareSoft0

Moogle
That link was a bunch of crap. Roms aren't illegal. I forgot which site, but it was the official internet security site that deletes illegal internet content. The say that what I said was true, except the 24Hr rule. I heard #2 from the rom sites I download from. They also say that some forms of Warez are legal, but VERY VERY VERY few. Like abonware and home made games and apps, but even alot of the home made stuff is illegal.
So......
ROMS AREN'T ILLEGAL!!!.......X__X.......Kupo!

zorbid

Here's the intresting part.

Any unauthorized copy of a computer program, regardless of the original or resultant media, can be considered a counterfeit copy under federal law. (US 15 CFR 1127, US 18 CFR 1030). The practice of dumping the videogame cartridges of a home videogame system by the average user is not justified under the backup proviso of copyright law (Atari v. JS&A Group, 1983), and this restriction also covers arcade videogames and any other ROM-derived formats as well (Tandy v. Personal Micro Computer, 1981). The one exception for ROM dumping is granted solely to bonafide developers and their associates (Sega v. Accolade and Nintendo v. Atari, 1992), with any resultant "intermediate copies" having exactly the same protections and restrictions as if they were the originals themselves. You, as the average user, do not have the right to dump a piece of computer code stored in ROM format for use with an emulator, as this is not considered to be justifiable as an operational adaptation due to the necessary change in media - all other forms of adaptation, including adaptation for use with an emulator, must be authorized by the copyright owner (US 17 CFR 106). You cannot use "fair use" to justify ROM dumping, as the courts have denied this venue to the average user due to the illegal nature of the resultant copies (Sega v. MAPHIA, 1994). You may not obtain intermediate copies from a developer for your personal use, as this voids the developer's protections under case law (Sega v. Accolade, 1992). As an additional note, current EULA language by practically all computer program developers utilizing some form of permanent storage media specifically forbids the practice of dumping their code from its original media, and they are justified in doing so under federal contract law (ProCD v. Ziedenberg, 1996). Any unauthorized "ROM" in the possession of the average user is considered to be at best an infringing copy of the program in question (MAI v. Peak, 1993) and at worst a counterfeit copy (US 15 CFR 1127, US 18 CFR 1030). In short, the average user may not own, obtain, use, or distribute any kind of "ROM" without the authorization of its copyright owner.

Abandonware is not legal, it's tolerated. The owning copyright companies own it for a long time. (reference to Sierra Online, or the Bitmap Brothers)
And freeware is not warez. (e.g.: your favorite emus).

Last edited:

EdgeBlade

Brandonn
cooliscoo: Just because Kief wants to follow the law is no reason to tell him to shut up. Nor are your bleeped out words needed on these boards.

Pikkon

own or not to own??

Ok, First of all there is NO 24 hour rule.
Roms are illeagle if you do not own the actual cartidge...BUT WHO CARES!!!!
Nintendo of America says that it is illeagle to let your friends borrow your actuall game cartidges over night. But i can say for most people who use a n64 emulator really dont care about that kind of thing.:D

And so what is the whole point of emulation?? if not to play games you cant afford or you do not want to buy yourself, just to have a d@nm back up of your game... That is just plain nonsense!:D

:D Pikkon:D

Gugaman

why u guys keep discussing about 24h rule? it doesnt f***** matter...
ppl will download roms anyway.... if everyone had money there would be no piracy.... but these damn things cost too f****** much.
i have NO registered/original program at all... and i wont have one until i have nowhere else to spend my money.

EdgeBlade

Brandonn
I pir8 lots, but I try to purchace the things I find that I feel are worth my money. And I try to support my favorit companys. But with the 64? No way. If I still owned the system then it'd be diffrent, but no way am I gonna go buy a 64 _again_ so I'll just be playing them on my computer. :colgate:

OP
SquareSoft0

SquareSoft0

Moogle
Thank you Doomulation! Back to the bug, and Windows ME is the same thing as 95 and 98. (I can't tell much of a difference)
That typo "BFG" is annoying, I can't change it either...

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
SquareSoft0 said:
Thank you Doomulation! Back to the bug, and Windows ME is the same thing as 95 and 98. (I can't tell much of a difference)
That typo "BFG" is annoying, I can't change it either...
Bah! It was going off-topic from the problem.
And Windows ME is buggier and 95/98.
And thirdly, it's the video card, that's all I can tell. I know no solution.

WOW! An attack from a bunch of lamers,and unfortunately nobody
does something about it.Certainly this forum has changed a lot.Oh
my god where are you Smiff?

OP
SquareSoft0

SquareSoft0

Moogle
HOW is Windows ME buggier? I haven't had ANY glitches from Windows. You probably haven't even used it.

NOW, back to the glitch please?

Status
Not open for further replies.