What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Community OoT Twilight Princess Retexturing Project Revived!

Saisuke

I am working on this post AS YOU ARE READING this, be patient, and wait a few minutes. I'm posting the exact same thing on HH.

Last edited:

WWLink

Hero of Winds
I am going to wait on this for personal reasons.

Okay. I really want to see this revived because while I love Zeth's (which is at Homebrew Heaven now), some things he made don't look quite right, and with a community project you are always getting user input and constantly adding new textures. This also means we don't have to wait for a pack, just download textures as you go through the thread, and you'll have all of them. In other words, a community project would be awesome. BTW, didn't you make the Navi wings for the old community pack? The ones that were never released? Those were good. Okay, that was a long, run-on, post. :p

sir_eot

I don't know about you people , but I can't get any texture package to work
with any rom file yet , the madness has to end , maybe we should only accept texture packages that can install themselves properly.

that could mean 1 texture package that works with all the (U) and (E) marked roms at least.

the mindless cat n mouse game of trying to get just zelda oot or zelda oot-mq
to look right.

Rice 6.1.1.0 beta 10 ( a video plugin that can load textures )
Jabos 1.7 ( says it can load textures )

Jabos wants the texture pack to be labled .zip when you try to tell it to install a texture pack but my texture packs seem to be labled .7z
so I'm kinda stumped on what to do there.

"project 64 is supposed to know where your high res textures are , aka on the root folder where your pj64.exe is located" hahaha you hope and pray

with Rice it finds the texture pack location just fine and will kinda tell you what you need to do when it comes to what folder name and where it should be located
when looking for a texture pack to load , and then everything goes fine
it loads up the textures but then suddenly you're faced with the dreaded problem
of missing coronas on hyrule castle in zelda 64 , and possibly missing lense flares
or what ever.

On a serious note I just wonder if we can all agree on a directory structure here.

sir_eot

I don't want to fail to mention some roms are prety hacked up by people
who just wanted to make the rom look better not nessassaraly run better

or vice versa they wanted it to run better but didn't care if it ment visual
problems

I think the intention of the texture packs is to make it look better
if the rom file is (E) and in PAL I don't get upset and I don't tamper with the rom

Some roms I'm trying to load texture packs for are
Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (E) [!].z64
Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - (U) [!].z64

I'm using those two because they don't seem to have the mysterious
missing coronas on hyrule castle problem.

WWLink

Hero of Winds
[moderator]Sir_eot, please don't double post. There's an edit function, you know.[/moderator]

Sir_eot, texture packs cannot cause graphical glitches that were not there before, because alls they edit is textures. they only way a texture pack could remove the coronas is if they deleted the corona texture.

EDIT: You put your texture packs in a hires_texture folder in your plugins folder. In there you name the pack after the name the ROM calls itself. Ocarina of Time calls itself THE LEGEND OF ZELDA, and Super Mario 64 calls itself SUPER MARIO 64. You don't place texture packs in your root folder.

Last edited:
OP
Saisuke

Saisuke

Okay. I really want to see this revived because while I love Zeth's (which is at Homebrew Heaven now), some things he made don't look quite right, and with a community project you are always getting user input and constantly adding new textures. This also means we don't have to wait for a pack, just download textures as you go through the thread, and you'll have all of them. In other words, a community project would be awesome. BTW, didn't you make the Navi wings for the old community pack? The ones that were never released? Those were good. Okay, that was a long, run-on, post. :p

I'm right about to revive this. xD And the wings got lost when I reformatted...Sorry. But I WILL remake them. Be sure to check it out soon.

WWLink

Hero of Winds
Since HH won't let me post this there because of stupid invalid session thingies, Here is my message I was going to post there. Treat it as if I was replying to the message there. Here it is:

Saisuke said:
I am working on this post AS YOU ARE READING this, be patient, and wait a few minutes. I'm posting the exact same thing on HH.

Not sure it was a good idea to bring this here. Well, this place does have more active members, you'll be competing against Zeth directly because it isn't even a different style like these 4 Smash Bros. packs. You're both making OOT look like TP. HH is annoying because of invalid sessions. This stupid invalid session thing doesn't ever let me post anything. Even when I resubmit the form it gives me the same message. It is really annoying, and happens every time I post. It also happens when I log out, too! I hate this forum.

EDIT: Awesome! You are on Zeth's retexture team! :king: Good luck on retexturing with him! What were you assigned to retexture in the game?

Last edited: