What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Cloudscapes' Super Mario 64 texture pack thread..

j234

John Doe, what program/filters/effects did you use on the "courses" picture? It looks really good.

John Doe

The "course" was created in PhotoShop, with a custom made wood texture on multiple layers (one for the darker and one for the lighter wood), another layer for text (with a custom made color effect) and the build-in layer effects of PhotoShop (bevel/emboss and shadow).

Zer Eviv

Great Work

Cloudscapes, you have done a great work.
please, could you pack all your graphics in one package?, I'm get lost why all your graphics :whistling

OP
cloudscapes

cloudscapes

Carbon-based molecule.
Zer Eviv said:
Cloudscapes, you have done a great work.
please, could you pack all your graphics in one package?, I'm get lost why all your graphics :whistling

Thanks. And yes, the next update will be in one archive since now the size limit has been raised.

Update ETA a couple hours.

Kolano

I appreiciate authors wanting to keep things to themselves, but someone does need to start compiling all the various packs into 1 pack of the best textures.

You are more than welcome to include my textures in your pack Cloudscape.

SWAT_Marc

Ind. Design Student
Kolano, I don't agree.

Each pack of textures is different, each member does every teture its own way, so mixing them together in one pack would be nothing but confusing.

We can have, as said in previous threads, a "serious pack" for SM64 and other "toon pack" for the same game, making it a completely different experience.

Last edited:

Weatherton

Where is that pack that had cell-shaded trees? I saw the pix once but can't find them anymore :( Someone must know what I'm talking about, it looked fantastic!

Poobah

ray16 said:
IMO, the only pack that should be combined with Cloudscapes is JD's Menu/HUD textures.

What about Kamran's textures? I know he isn't too dedicated, but his textures are very, very professional. In fact, they look more like originals that were scaled down for the games than scaled up versions of the game's ones...

ToninhoFWi

Hi Clodscape, first of all I want to congrat you for your superb job, and I need know, if you recomend us to merge any other texture pack with your pack. IMO this can help us well.

Thanks.

minkster

I'm not planning on making a whole texture pack for SM64, but I did start working on the paintings when you jump into each level. I only did one because I want to see if I should keep working on it or not. Well here is what it looks like. Keep up the good work Cloudscape I love those texture packs :icecream:

ray16

The Grand Potatomaster
Looks pretty close to the original, but it really needs more color and a better cloud background. Good work though.

Kolano

SWAT_Marc said:
Kolano, I don't agree.

Each pack of textures is different, each member does every teture its own way, so mixing them together in one pack would be nothing but confusing.

We can have, as said in previous threads, a "serious pack" for SM64 and other "toon pack" for the same game, making it a completely different experience.

My point is that to complete the full retexturing of any game is going to be difficult for any one person to complete (unless we are willing to wait a long time, they are very dedicated, or the quality of the textures is allowed to slip). Since currently many authors are trying to stay as close to the original textures as possible, dividing the work between authors simply cuts down on the work,and should not result in a confusing mix of textures. I am in full support if authors do not wish to share their tectures with others. However, allowing for sharing will result in full retextures much quicker than one person working alone would.

Once again, any author may feel free to use my textures in their package.

OP
cloudscapes

cloudscapes

Carbon-based molecule.
Thanks everyone. :) I appoligize for the relative smallness of friday's pack. Fortunatelly I was inspired this weekend and managed to get about 70 done on the weekend (three mini levels, three full levels, and a few odds and ends). I hope to have a little over a hundred total for next friday. To give you an idea of where I'm at, I've started the second floor of the castle (the part that requires 30 stars and a key to get in). Rejoice! Finishing every level of the game is a very real thing! Once all the environment textures will be finished, there will only be the UI textures, character textures, and skyboxes/backgrounds. I haven't decided yet if I should do them, or just point towards somebody else's back. I may only do the backgrounds, as well, as there already exists an excellent UI pack.

Upgrading these textures is a fun excersize for me. The textures I'm creating at work for our next game are great but aren't really cartoony, and I prefer the detailed (non cel shaded) cartoony kind.

Kolano: I don't really agree, as you've got a lot of different styles. A painted style texture would not go well with a realistic or toon-shaded style texture, even if they are all excellent.

Poobah/TerraFrost: Kamran's bowser puzzle textures (and others) is indeed outstanding. It blows my puzzle texture away in terms of quality and sharpness. However it's a question of style. I'm using a painty slightly gritty feel, so an ultra sharp texture might be a little out of place. You're free to merge his textures into my pack in your plugin folder, but I'd rather keep the integrity of my release, at least for now.