What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Chimou's Fun With Textures Thread

OP
C

ChimouJ

I have my fourth version of my Hero's Shield completed. The other one that was posted here was my first version. It'll give you a good idea of what I've updated in this short while.

Anchel

The Xpaniard
I don't know if that shield would look good in-game. You're making it look shiny, and that won't work if the shining doesn't move when changing Link's position in respect to the lighting around.
It might look good on that picture, but while moving it will break the shiny effect.

OP
C

ChimouJ

Well... I like it. During gameplay it still look cool. If you don't like it though, that's fine. Here's one without the gradients. I think it leaves it rather plain without them though.

Edit: I made another version. This has gradients, but they're more like shading then adding light.

Last edited:
OP
C

ChimouJ

Sorry about the "double post", but it's been seven days. I have a new shield project. I guess some people will want this one. I started making the shield from Twilight Princess.

OP
C

ChimouJ

It's amazing. This one was a lot more detailed then the Hero's Shield. It took me a long time to finalize the Hero's Shield. I got this shield done a lot faster.

Well it won't be completely done until I know exactly how the shield looks like. Some parts were improvised. Here's an updated screenshot and the texture for those who want it.

El Kameleon

first off, the bird thats on there is the same one thats on the hylian shield, and that one doesnt look muckh like it, other than that, good work. good pictures of that shield are hard to come by. another thing is that you are very heavily dependant on gradients, let the in-game lighting take care of some of that, otherwise it looks dumb in brightly lit places like lake hylia

Last edited:
OP
C

ChimouJ

1. The bird design on the TP shield is different then the one on the Hylian Shield. Look at it closely. I looked at a screenshot of TP demo gameplay to make make this shield. That's how it looks.

2. I use some gradients to show differences in the metal and depth. Without them the shield would all mesh together and look like crap.

El Kameleon

no, it would just benefit from some lighter gradients, you can barely see the blue around the edge of the shield. i just think your shield is a bit too busy, simplify it more

OP
C

ChimouJ

I got another update. Now I'll offer a shaded and a "cel-shaded" version of the shield.

Edit: I get what you mean now. I've changed the drop shadow. You can see the difference in the third one.

Last edited:

Tjalian

Nice shield :)

shield1.jpg

shield2.jpg

From freeshieldpics4u.com (for the slow of wit, I'm kidding).

OP
C

ChimouJ

See? The bird is different. I just didn't get as clear of a look as that. I'll be using these in the next update.

Update: I had to do a massive make-over based on this new data.

Last edited: