chankast noob.. :(

sanjuro14

Dancin Fool!
hi everyone..
i'm really new here to the forums.. i know
it's really a bad idea to start out a first post by asking
for help... but i really do need it :(

i got chankast 02a, got virtual daemon 3.46
put the dreamcast bios pack in the directory, but in the .cdi self boot file in the f: device and set the same with chankast, i've followed ALL the steps (anything i left out?)

but when i run the game, i have to set time/date and then it takes me to the menu (the one where you don't have a cd in the dc.. configure VMU and options menu.. all that..)

i don't think it's reading my .cdi file, even though it's mounted properly..

i just wanna know how i can get the file running...

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
You should read the FAQ. Replace the 2 modified bios files with bios files that where not modified by the emulator (you may have to redownload them).
Note: Use the PAL bios.

Last edited:

suronosuke

does the time and date loop, as in when ever you start chankast it repeats the time and date configuration?

if thats one of your probelm than you will need to aquire yourself a new dc_flash.bin file and while your at that why not aquire a dc_bios_bin aswell.

once you have done that delete the chankast folder, download chankast again un-rar, put both your dc_bios.bin and your dc_flash.bin into the same directory.

e.g

say your folder is challed c\chankast in that just copy and paste your bios (dc_flash.bin and dc_bios.bin)

now run chankast and set time/date and dont forget to format your memory card. config your input (joypad etc if you have one) and do NOT forget to select your drive which the chankast will read your games from, (your should be the virtual drive f) close chankast now.

mount your image in your virtual drive, and run chankast and things should be running sweet but thats dependant on what game your trying to play and also different bios work with different games (sometimes).

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
sanjuro14 said:
so do i just replace it with dc_flash pal?
(what does pal stand for?)
Yes. Delete the other dc_flash.bin file, rename dc_flash pal to dc_flash.bin and place it inside the Chankast directory.

OP
sanjuro14

sanjuro14

Dancin Fool!
suronosuke said:
does the time and date loop, as in when ever you start chankast it repeats the time and date configuration?

if thats one of your probelm than you will need to aquire yourself a new dc_flash.bin file and while your at that why not aquire a dc_bios_bin aswell.

where can i get this dc_bios.bin and dc_flash.bin?
i got this BIOS pack (came with everything, plus the pal,usa,jap etc...) from --someplace-- :ermm:

or maybe.. can you post yours up here :S

edit: yea... i did EVERYTHING you said exactly like you posted..
but.. i get the error: Can't read dc_bios.bin

but i put it in there already...

also: added a picture. if it helps any :D

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
In that case, I have to give you another link. There are many places that you can find it. Google is your friend :)

EDIT because of EDIT: Have you named the file correctly? (it must be "dc_bios.bin"). Also make sure that the file is not read only.

Last edited:

suronosuke

you have the need files as you have mentioned and please edit or delete the information concerning where you aquired the said files. maybe you do not have a game that runs on chankast

anyway i do not understand why its not working for you, if you happen to have a IM pm me with your addy and i`ll help you to the best of my extent.

OP
sanjuro14

sanjuro14

Dancin Fool!
PsyMan said:
Alright, rename the bios files to "dc_flash" and "dc_bios" (without the ".bin")

yes! the blue swirly.. thing.. :)
i got it working.. sorta...
i get another error... looks like something that can't be helped...

here it is:

OP
sanjuro14

sanjuro14

Dancin Fool!
well... i got shenmue (disc one only :p)
jet grind radio
plasma sword..

and i tried both spanish and pal bios, but nothing.. :(

OP
sanjuro14

sanjuro14

Dancin Fool!
PsyMan said:
Does the bios run if you don't mount an ISO?

iso... all my files are .cdi..
a friend said that the chankast can read both..
and if you're asking if i mounted them.. yea..
i mounted it under the f: device

OP
sanjuro14

sanjuro14

Dancin Fool!
yea...
but i saw a thread.. working files..

shenmue and
jet grind radio said they worked..

but maybe street fighter would work..