What's new

Chankast Errors: Post Here

XBOX

CHANKA CONTRIBUTOR
Chrisaiyan said:
Please, it doesnt do anything if I click ConfigureControls. What could it be?

My PC specs are:

Pentium 4 1.8GHz
512DDR-Ram
Nvidia GeForce4 MX 440

What is wrong? I have downloaded all the 3 chankasts and all give me this same problem. Games load fine. :blink:

do you have a gamepad connected to your pc?
are you running Win xp pro?

I get the same result as you, but i have game pad connected to my pc and im running win xp pro.

I've tried it win 2003 that option worked, it seems that my pad is stoping the config. option to appear.

Chrisaiyan

XBOX said:
do you have a gamepad connected to your pc?
are you running Win xp pro?

I get the same result as you, but i have game pad connected to my pc and im running win xp pro.

I've tried it win 2003 that option worked, it seems that my pad is stoping the config. option to appear.

I am running WinXp Pro. No gamepad connected. I tried with my PS2 controller on usb and it didn't read it.

XBOX

CHANKA CONTRIBUTOR
Chrisaiyan said:
I am running WinXp Pro. No gamepad connected. I tried with my PS2 controller on usb and it didn't read it.

install the gamepad drivers.
chanka will configure the gamepad automatically, try with a game that works.

i dont see the control option but my pad is configured by chanka.

Chrisaiyan

XBOX said:
install the gamepad drivers.
chanka will configure the gamepad automatically, try with a game that works.

i dont see the control option but my pad is configured by chanka.

Not working, do you think you can send me your config. file? to my email [email protected]

XBOX

CHANKA CONTRIBUTOR
Chrisaiyan said:
Not working, do you think you can send me your config. file? to my email [email protected]

lol, theres nothing in the config file, only the letter of cd rom drive.

I can type it here : H

ROFL thats all in teh file :unsure:

just install the pad and configure from the windows controll panel.
chanka will use it.

Chrisaiyan

XBOX said:
lol, theres nothing in the config file, only the letter of cd rom drive.

I can type it here : H

ROFL thats all in teh file :unsure:

just install the pad and configure from the windows controll panel.
chanka will use it.

Does it work for you?

XBOX

CHANKA CONTRIBUTOR
Chrisaiyan said:
Does it work for you?

thats what i said in the previous post.
you must install the pad first, configure in windows control panel chanka will detect it.

dont bother with control option, just install the pad properly

enough now :batman:

Chrisaiyan

XBOX said:
thats what i said in the previous post.
you must install the pad first, configure in windows control panel chanka will detect it.

dont bother with control option, just install the pad properly

enough now :batman:

I'll do just lol. Thanks

:matrix::bunny:

maxx_d3

redz33 said:
i have the same error when i click init then the emulator just gives me a message saying this window needs to close down. and i can't even load up the bios. i have both the dc_bios and dc_flash and yet i can't seem to make chanka work for me. :(

I had this problem, and it was driving me insane, but I finally figured out what the problem was. Your video card must support Hardware TnL in order to run this emulator. The solution? You can buy a new video card that supports Hardware TnL, OR you can use a program such as 3D-Analyze to run Chankast with Software TnL.

You can get 3D-Analyze here --> http://www.tommti-systems.com/main-Dateien/files.html

Oh, and I would like to say thanks to the creators of Chankast, this emulator is awesome!!! :D

r3v3rb

HnL ?! Not sure about that...

maxx_d3 said:
I had this problem, and it was driving me insane, but I finally figured out what the problem was. Your video card must support Hardware TnL in order to run this emulator. The solution? You can buy a new video card that supports Hardware TnL, OR you can use a program such as 3D-Analyze to run Chankast with Software TnL.

You can get 3D-Analyze here --> http://www.tommti-systems.com/main-Dateien/files.html

Oh, and I would like to say thanks to the creators of Chankast, this emulator is awesome!!! :D

Well I have two AMD XP 2000+ PC's One has a GF3 (HnL) card with the latest nVidia Drivers and DirectX 9.0b. The other is exactly the same except it has a ProSavageDDR gfx card.

Neither of them will run this emu !!

And I am using a set of bios/flash that is known to work as they where sent to me by a reputable friend from the EMU scene on NewNet iRC.

I think kids, that we have to face the awful truth, at the moment and understandably it is only an Alpha release and until more time is spent on it we really shouldnt expect every single PC around the world to run it...

Well done to the Chankast Team for what seems to be an incredible acheivement in such a short time. I just hope that 0.2 works more completely with all the other PC's out there...

:(

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
I believe that this is the first post from someone who really understands what "ALPHA" means.

Jupiter

Just a Jupi.
GWORG.
It crashes after the Dreamcast logo fades out if I have an ISO mounted. Otherwise, the BIOS runs fine.
I know I have self-booting ISOs (Ikaruga, GGX, SFIII Double Impact), but they all crash the emulator.

My system meets all requirements outside of the DX9 thing... because XP won't install it. I get an error that says "this program has not passed Windows Logo testing, and will not be installed" when it came from frigging microsoft.com. I've been waiting seven years to rip sprites from Street Fighter III, everybody else but me is running the game, and nobody has so much as taken a single screenshot. I spent three days pulling the ISO down on a dialup connection only to have this happen. If I can't get this thing running, people are going to die.

And yeah, I'm aware that I'm a pushy, impatient bastard. And I don't normally get this way, but... criminy, everywhere I go I see people singing praises to god about how beautifully it runs, and I can't even get past the system intro. It's like working for five years to save up enough cash to buy the mother of all widescreen plasma TVs, then bringing it home, getting it mounted up on the wall, and watching a giant beast man run up to it and punch a hole right through the screen. You'd be pissed too.

Edit:
I went down my list of all other possible things to take care of one at a time (updating Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%, updating video drivers, etc etc), and something managed to do the trick. Now the issue at hand is... Double Impact doesn't run. I get to the Capcom logo, and then the emulator freezes (alpha 1), or resets to the system manager (Capcom hack). Guess I should have nabbed 3rd Strike first instead.

Oh well... c'est la vie. What's another few days of downloading?

Last edited:

Ashura-X

Ok I've managed now how enable the SSE instructions on my old Athlon XP 1.7( updated my mobo BIOS ) and for me surprise ( or not ) the emul doesnt run at all. It runs until I click on "init" so the Windows XP gimme an error and close the application. I dunno but maybe a bug on emul ( at least it's a Alpha release ;) ). My system expects are Windows XP SP1, Athlon XP 1.7, GForce 4 TI 4200 128 Mb, Direct X 9.0b, Sound Blaster Live 5.1 sound card, 384 Mb Ram SDRAM 133 Mhz !!!!!!!!!
Any tip guys ??? Or i need wait the next release ???

Davv13

AMD2000XP=512DDR=9600XT
Okay my problem is when I want to start game it says please insert disk?I'm using bootable discs too. I got both bios too. I wish that how to do faqs tutor was in english. From what I gathered from it seems that you have to use Daemon tools with conjunction with a image,what type of image does it have to be cdi nrg? Like the emulator won't play the disc from your drive?can someone comfirm this? using AMD2000XP by the way.

Last edited:

rcgamer

the old guy
if you get a bootable image and burnit , it will play . i did this with rival schools2. however it seems to play much slower and choppier than with an image mounted to d-tools.

Davv13

AMD2000XP=512DDR=9600XT
The image in cdi or nrg format what works best? I know alcohol120 makes mds images but I don't think that will work though. I think most use cdi or nrg is there any diff? and what's better to use alcohol120 or Daemon to mount image?

dogtanian

i want to play third strike badly, can someone help me... it wont play my cd from the drive either... what should i do? and please no jargon... plain plain english please :)