What's new

chankast and naomi

HowardC

Your post's soul is mine!
Clessy said:
Maybe it's just me but wouldnt it be easier and much cheaper to do Atomiswave emulation next instead of Naomi?
Aomiswave is the excate same HD as the DC but with a different medium for games. Also it only runs around $400 vs the $1000 that a Naomi cost. It also doesnt have lock out or any advance secruity means.

Probably because the games just plain suck on that system. ;)

Seriously though, you have a point. I just think a lot more people are excited about naomi than the lesser known atomiswave.

Clessy

HowardC said:
Probably because the games just plain suck on that system. ;)

Seriously though, you have a point. I just think a lot more people are excited about naomi than the lesser known atomiswave.
How can you say the games plain suck when only 5 games have been made for it and 4 of them are amazingly good?
Guilty Gear X 1.5 and Isuka are amazing. Isuka is one of the coolest fighting games ever with its 4 player battles.
Rumble of the Fish is alot cooler than any of the recent SNK Playmore or Capcom fighters.
And that other 3d fighter looks amazing too and compares to Tekken 4 in graphics. I think thats what Dreamcast games would look like now if it was still around too bad eh =(

Also another system that might be possable to emulate thanks to Chanka would be Hikaru yet another DC based system. It use's a different 3d engine however which is still actually a PVR2 based graphics card with advanced effects mostly for fire.

Clessy

Naomi Hack
This is what you get when you edit the bios to not look for the EEPROM.

Yeah so we can stop suggesting that idea now. Btw Atomiswave bios boot also.

Last edited:

Evrain

The Forbidden One
The image cannot be seen... Angelfir is a bit bitchy about remote linking :)
Anyway Guru is right, we are just wasting time like this. Clessy, which kind of chip holds the AW BIOS code?
Evrain

Heinster

Clessy said:
. I think thats what Dreamcast games would look like now if it was still around too bad eh =(

*COUGH*DOA2*COUGH*
*COUGH*Soul Calibur1*COUGH*
*COUGH*Shen Mue1/2*COUGH*

"Graphically" up to par with all the other games found in the Arcades....(not concidering the playability).... And atleast as good or even better then Atomiswave... The NAOMI even surpassed with VF4 and many others

Evrain

The Forbidden One
DC and NAOMI died WAY too early... They deserved to be the best consoles, not Sony stuff.
Evrain

armoredspidy

Jjangthekid said:
wait isn't cvs2 and mvc2.. used on naomi boards?..so is it possible to play those games if naomi board is emulated?

As Guru pointed out with the link to system16.com, you
can find all your answers to what Naomi has to offer, there. :whistling

Anyways thanks to Garrofi and the Chankast team for a beautiful, working
dreamcast emulator! Now that Guru is on-board, Naomi emulation is a
done deal(eventually)! I gladly donated the other day, and wondered if
you guys have enough funds yet, to dump the serial id? :party:

tomsepins

can someone help me

i have a amd athlon xp 2400 and when i try to run Chankast it says that my processor don't suport SSE, what is the problem it should suport didn't he? can someone help me please send your mesages to [email protected]
sorry my english but i'm portuguese. thank's

GD666

Gd-rom Driver Wip

HI,Everybody :party:
I am at the moment working on a gd-rom driver
based on exportation & modifications of WINCE & KOS original drivers
I m working with an old external scsi cd reader which seems to
show strange decoding properties (I've had part of original "revolt" gd-rom decoded :cheers: before my PC crashes :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:
tellin' U when it's allright... :bye3:

Nothing is impossible.....

StuMcBill

GD666 said:
HI,Everybody :party:
I am at the moment working on a gd-rom driver
based on exportation & modifications of WINCE & KOS original drivers
I m working with an old external scsi cd reader which seems to
show strange decoding properties (I've had part of original "revolt" gd-rom decoded :cheers: before my PC crashes :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:
tellin' U when it's allright... :bye3:

Nothing is impossible.....

Sounds good, keep us up to date with your progress!!

GD666

OK my fury machine works anew!!!!! :party: :holiday: :party:
going for my devs but staying online on this machine
real time updating.... :robot: