Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Perfomance in detriment of graphics

Votes: 11 10.2%
  • Shut the hell up XBOX and be happy with what they release

Votes: 36 33.3%

• Total voters

TheFreeman

Guardian of Destiny
I chose the final option, lol, meaning that we shouldnt ask or "want" something, we should just sit tight, and enjoy the generosity of these great and intelligent people that are the Chankast authors.

If the authors, or forum admins would start a poll about our dreams/hopes for the emulator, I would vote acordingly, but this poll made by users, I believe its a little out of order.
Just an opinion.

mezkal

Man on a mission
japangurl said:
yeah there is nothing new about the technique, the deamcast like the playstation fakes their 2d by using texture mapped polygons. So yes, the representation of a 2d character usually requires a few square shaped polygons. On a real dreamcast, the 2d-ish characters are not filtered because applying a filter would have affected the neiboring texture which would cause texture alignment problems (of course there are remedies for this but it would be too costly for the Dreamcast's 1997 era video hardware). The effect you are getting in that pic is the probably result of using a multisampling FSAA mode which is effecting the drawing of the texture. For better results either use Supersampled FSAA mode or not use FSAA at all.
:bunny:

WOOT! Great reply :) Nice to see we have some more techos around here.... :)

slicky

none of the above mentioned.
Fullscreen support is possible with an external workaround and those others are fairly unimportant to most of the users. Network support for instance only makes sense in the last stage of an emulator.

The speed of chanka is decent (mostly 200+% of full-speed) on todays standard gaming hardware, and if the HW-requirements aren't matched then playing todays games doesn't make much sense at all. (or who wouldn't like to play far cry set to max at all settings)

Anyways SAVESTATE support should be fairly easy to integrate (about 6000 lines of code at worst) and would make this emulator a killer.

Last edited:

Sauron-Jin

mezkal said:
Hey Jim, please don't be offended but like....umm....no chit shylock! You haven't been around recently but I was being sarcastic.....It's OK you'll get to understand my sick sick humour :p

Erm, i thougt you were calling pirate to XBOX only for suggest a feature like supporting non self-bootable images...

... but after reading a bit, it seems everybody here is a little angry with XBOX, he must have done something really wrong... but i don't know what yet, and i don't have much time to read all the topics and posts of the forums ;) (final exams, you know)

Cya

Last edited:

Pimp

Banned
Sauron-Jin said:
Erm, i thougt you were calling pirate to XBOX only for suggest a feature like supporting non self-bootable images...

... but after reading a bit, it seems everybody here is seems a little angry with XBOX, he must have done something really wrong... but i don't know what yet and i don't have much time to read all posts ;) (final exams, you know)

Cya

maybe i've missed something but this thread seem like he was trying to help the developers to focus on a wanted feature.
some get insults when trying to help others, funny
im just curious about the speed , i guess because its based in wince operating system.

vleespet

The decent one
Xbox was booted for many reasons - this thread wasn't one of them to be honest.
You're too much in the tech world. I think you should calm down a bit and then edit your post :p.

Pimp

Banned
vleespet said:
You're too much in the tech world. I think you should calm down a bit and then edit your post :p.

some mods are fast on the ban trigger, but you never know.

give a man a little stick and you'll be sorry :whistling

thats why we need policing the police

vleespet

The decent one
Actually, I don't care about Xbox being banned, but Trott said "booted" instead of "banned", that was the joke :)

Trotterwatch

Pimp, I'd STFU please :) <(note the smiley) You don't have a clue what he did, so perhaps keep out of it (or are you one of Xbox's other accounts... would make sense).

As for vleespet, LOL

Last edited:

Pimp

Banned
Trotterwatch said:
Pimp, I'd STFU please :) You don't have a clue what he did, so perhaps keep out of it (or are you one of Xbox's other accounts... would make sense).

As for vleespet, LOL

hmmm, calm down man we are discusing what xbox did to you, im not interested in arguing over the net.

your language doesnt help, you are the moderator set the example, stop the fights dont start it.

peace out. you wont see my posts in here again.

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
Well personally I would like to see the issues with the NVidia Cards fixed, and also (ahem)
The Echelon crash eliminated! Oh and Outtrigger working would be fantastic

refraction

PCSX2 Coder
Grant64 said:
Well personally I would like to see the issues with the NVidia Cards fixed, and also (ahem)
The Echelon crash eliminated! Oh and Outtrigger working would be fantastic

1. What Nvidia error? i know of no error :huh: Stezo2k+ has an Nvidia GF4 and he doesnt have a problem. what Drivers are you using on the board?

2. that "Crash" is caused by the release groups software for illegal copies, i dont think you should be talking about them ;)

mezkal

Man on a mission
refraction said:
1. What Nvidia error? i know of no error :huh: Stezo2k+ has an Nvidia GF4 and he doesnt have a problem. what Drivers are you using on the board?

The Nvidia Geforce FX cards have numerous with regards to Chankast. It seems that is this more than likely due to NV's differences from ATI's and MS's implementation of the DirectX9 rendering pipeline. I've actually answered this question before on the forums. It would seem that the Chanka devs may have to code some work-arounds for these.

Cheers,

Mezkal