• cheats

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Perfomance in detriment of graphics

Votes: 11 10.2%
  • Shut the hell up XBOX and be happy with what they release

Votes: 36 33.3%

• Total voters

knowitman

I just remembered that also. They passed that law that did allow some copy protections to die out when they weren't used anymore.

mqrj

I've got an idea : what about banning XBOX for good if "Shut the hell up..." reaches 50% ?!!!!

Please Vote !!!!

Masterem

Performace and play is better then network play. thats why i voted sound if you are able to disable sound maybe you can increase the pfs on certain games.

mezkal

Man on a mission
Sauron-Jin said:
WTF?!?! Self-bootable and Non-Self-Bootable images ARE the SAME kind of piracy if you don't own the original!!!, and even if you own the original, you only are allowed to make a backup IN GD-ROM FORMAT and keeping the same copy protection the original has. Other than that is illegal, so stop saying nonsenses like that.

If we were able to use non self-bootable images in the emu, we would save a lot of space wasted in dummy files and working/repairing these images would be much more easy and newb-friendly, and we would be just as illegal as we were before using non self-bootable images. :ala:

Hey Jim, please don't be offended but like....umm....no chit shylock! You haven't been around recently but I was being sarcastic.....It's OK you'll get to understand my sick sick humour :p

Nemesys82

network play now?
But for now priority are other.

- Give games 100% playable
- Give games faster and stable
- Fullscreen mode
- Do watch all texture in the games (sf3 on top i think)
- Fix MMU support

AND LATERRR NETWORK PLAY :)

Chris_W

mfm005 said:
windows 2000 support would be great, the emulator will just start working for me... seriously, will it be fixed one day or not?

Holy crap man that image can cause a fit :plain:

Fullmetal_U

Full screen...
and opengl support
so the 2d wont look like this!
32998015.jpg

Martin

Administrator
Whether this poll is appropriate or not is up to the Chankast developers, I'll keep it open and if they don't want it anymore they can just delete the thread.

Personally, I think you all should vote for the last alternative for now. ;)

mezkal

Man on a mission
Fullmetal_U said:
Full screen...
and opengl support
so the 2d wont look like this!
32998015.jpg

Switching to an OpenGL renderer with fullscreen modes added would not affect the way the emulator draws bitplanes. The blocking your seeing is the way DREAMCAST works. The DC only had 16MB of VRAM (more than the PS2 btw) so all bitplanes are broken into mathematically divisible chunks and buffered out as neccessary. This also meant that they could animate seperate parts of the characters without need to reload the whole bitplane.

Cheers,

mezkal

Last edited:

Pimp

Banned
mfm005 said:
windows 2000 support would be great, the emulator will just start working for me... seriously, will it be fixed one day or not?

im feeling sick because of that pic, headache and heavy eye. :devil:

Pimp

Banned
mfm005 said:
i understand, sorry if i'd hurt some of you guys.

Also i'm happy because i will have access tomorrow to a PC with XP to test some games...

i should murder u tru your monitor, i got flashing headache cuz of yo pic.
i tink im getting seizures :bye3:

japangurl

mezkal said:
Switching to an OpenGL renderer with fullscreen modes added would not affect the way the emulator draws bitplanes. The blocking your seeing is the way DREAMCAST works. The DC only had 16MB of VRAM (more than the PS2 btw) so all bitplanes are broken into mathematically divisible chunks and buffered out as neccessary. This also meant that they could animate seperate parts of the characters without need to reload the whole bitplane.

Cheers,

mezkal

yeah there is nothing new about the technique, the deamcast like the playstation fakes their 2d by using texture mapped polygons. So yes, the representation of a 2d character usually requires a few square shaped polygons. On a real dreamcast, the 2d-ish characters are not filtered because applying a filter would have affected the neiboring texture which would cause texture alignment problems (of course there are remedies for this but it would be too costly for the Dreamcast's 1997 era video hardware). The effect you are getting in that pic is the probably result of using a multisampling FSAA mode which is effecting the drawing of the texture. For better results either use Supersampled FSAA mode or not use FSAA at all.
:bunny: