What's new

Chanka Compatability List

DreamcastFan

Marvel Vs Capcom 2 - Works almost perfectly with the Capcom settings on. Loads fast. Runs 60-75fps during gameplay, and 90-120fps out of gameplay. Sound problems. emulation is choppy sometimes, but rarely during gameplay.

mvc28cf.jpg

Capcom Vs SNK 2 - Works almost perfectly. Some sprite problems even with capcom settings, but could be fixed by changing the resolution of the the emulator. Fast Loading. Runs 60-75fps during gameplay, and 90-120fps out of gameplay.

cvs28gj.jpg

Street Fighter III Third Strike Works, but missing some sprites even with capcom settings. Fast Loading. Runs 60-75fps during gameplay, and 90-120fps out of gameplay.

sf3ts6lw.jpg

Power Stone 2 - Missing some graphics in the intro. Other than that it works. Fast loading. Runs 25-35fps during gameplay, and 60-75fps out of gameplay.

ps24sl.jpg

OP
Stezo2k

Stezo2k

S-2K
Thanks DreamcastFan, added your more decriptive information apart from Street Fighter 3 (check the list for info for fixing the sprites)

Miavi

Sorry to bug you guys on an old game that's in the "Compatibility List".
Virtual On 2 hangs after it shows the SEGA logo ie. the program hangs at a black screen. I've already followed the instructions to overclock the CPU to 120 and it still hangs. If I'm not mistaken a few others have also encountered such errors. I was wondering anyway if there are any explanations or remedies to this? Thanks.

Pavlik

Do some1 have Conflict Zone (non-echelon relase - without intro) to test it on chankast?

Last edited:

spunky

mad dog...
[Pro Pinball Trilogy] it works great with 0.25 but must skip the intro-pics.

Last edited:

Pavlik

Conflict Zone - echelon [with intro] and non-echelon versions - boths not working: ech ver - only intro like in other latest ech relases, non-ech - only black screen, nothing more :(

Haruspex

strange things with the saves

I Tried 4 Games Dynamite Cop,House Of The Dead 2,Marvel VS Capcom 2 & Shenmue 1

All Works Really Good But The main problem is the sound.especially at the cut-scenes of house 2 & dynamite cop.also at marvel vs capcom 2 the sound works really well for a little but after a while the sound effects are missing.If i pause the game & then unpaused everything works again fine.However at shenmue 1 the sound is really well and the speed on all games are very good.expect some parts.maybe of course my pc cant run chankast smoothly.

Also i have a problem with my game saves.if i select vms without LCD at chankast options i cant save any game!the emulator hangs!but if i select VMS With LCD the saves are made fine!very strange.However,at shenmue i cant save the game properly if i choose the "save anywhere"option
of the game.it says the save is complete and now i can exit the game but if i try to run chankast after the save is done it wont start!!!always say to put the right time at bios settigs of dreamcast.i put the right times but again & again it say the same thing.i solve the problem by replace the dc_bios & dc_flash files.then the game starts normally but the save dont.But if i save the game at ryo's house the save is done right.and i managed to finish the 1st disc yesterday with that way.any ideas guys why this happening?

my specs:
c.p.u.:amd sempron 2400+ (1,67 Ghz)
ram:2x256 mb dual ddr 400 kingston cl3 g.p.u.:nvidia ge-force 2mx-400 32 mb (yeah,yeah i know i need to update this!!!)
sound card:soundblaster audigy player 1
mobo:msi n-force 2 ultra 400

note:all games tested only with chankast alpha 0.25 & also my utopia boot cd 1.2 works perfectly with no problems.(i use daemon tools 3.29)

note 2:i forgot.about the utopia boot cd 1.2.it works properly with me only if i use the ntsc flash bios.if i use the pal flash bios doesnt.i hope this help.

Last edited:

Haruspex

ShenMue 1 Finished!!!

Hi Again!I finished shenmue 1 just before a while ago.i know the emulator hangs & shows a black screen when you save mark from mad angels.but i download a save file from gamefaqs.of course they are lots of save files for shenmue 1 at gamefaqs but i found a very good one.it takes place just before you learned that nozomi is kidnapped from mad angels.so,i use that save file and everything went fine until i finished the game,show the credits & of course save my cleared file.i hope this gonna help a lot of people.

But i have also a question.did anyone here managed to finish shenmue 2 using chankast?the shenmue 2 plays better than shenmue 1 on chankast or not?any help would be very nice!

raffaelst

What about the game Joe & Mac? i have it and when I play it in chankast a message error appear:
"io control". What is this error?

Pavlik

Evil Twin non echelon rip - only 2 first movies working - game not working:

et_ubisoft.jpg

et_intro.jpg

Last edited:

Pavlik

ScOr_311 said:
no :down:
I can' t run soul calibur
I hope the new release work with the utopia boot because i can' t find a tool to add the ip.bin in soul calibur.

Hey. U can modify your cdi image with my patch for boot cd. Patched is compatible with chankast and non-boot games.

Get it from www.dreamplay.prv.pl (polish site in polish lang - about DC & PSX) from download section.

llqs

I tried sonic adventure and the slow cpu to 50 didn't work for me in the mystic ruins! There's something else i can do ?

ScOr_311

The Force be with you!!!
Pavlik said:
Hey. U can modify your cdi image with my patch for boot cd. Patched is compatible with chankast and non-boot games.

Get it from www.dreamplay.prv.pl (polish site in polish lang - about DC & PSX) from download section.

ok, but chankast 0.25 run the Utopia boot and soulcalibur run now with NTSC cable type.