What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Celda New improves 2008 by Djipi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mollymutt

@Railroads, once the official release is out and school starts up again and I'm back in school, I will probably retexture the German version of OoT if nobody else has done it.

I'll also get a friend of mine who is quite good at Photoshop to do the backgrounds, if once again, nobody else has done it.

I will be back home in late July.

Just because your friend is good at photoshop, doesn't mean he can make anything to natch Djipi's style. I'm no slouch at texturing, but I couldn't hope to do anything to do justice to Djipi's brilliance. I hope Mdtauk is still around to pick up on this, as he worked with Djipi in the past, and his style matches up pretty well. Besides, I wouldn't do anything his consent first.

Emarian

C++ Addict
Just because your friend is good at photoshop, doesn't mean he can make anything to natch Djipi's style. I'm no slouch at texturing, but I couldn't hope to do anything to do justice to Djipi's brilliance. I hope Mdtauk is still around to pick up on this, as he worked with Djipi in the past, and his style matches up pretty well. Besides, I wouldn't do anything his consent first.

She is really good, and I think that she can make something worthy of Djipi's pack. If mdtauk doesn't do the backgrounds himself, then I'll ask her to do it, then at least we can have some form of hi-res texture for the backgrounds. No offense meant to anyone, but it's better than nothing.

Mollymutt

No offense to you, but this is why I don't post WIP screenshots of my work. If I need help, I'll ask for it. When I was working on Paper Mario. I had people coming out of the woodwork offering me their textures. I'm pretty far into a game that hasn't really been attempted before, and for this very reason, I'll hold off until I'm finished with it.

OP
D

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
I just would like to say that I won't someone add some stuff to the Final Djipi Cell Zelda Pack.

If someone want to add some background , stuff , texture and other , Make a new pack.

5 Years work on it and i don't want someone says : on djipi pack , i work on it so it's Djipi and "XXX" pack .
If you want perfect the work , no soucy , but not with my default texture and not with the pack.

I totally agree with Mollymutt.

So the pack is nearly complete now but if for some reason people says or thinks that they do update to the final 5 years work , i do not distribute the final pack.

I think everybody must respect the work , hard or no , to people who take LONG TIME for you.

Railroads

You are totally right :drool:.
We should be happy what Djipi had done for us and don`t hurt his project:king: .

PS: Sorry for my bad english.

Thommo

I just want to say that I totally agree with Djipi and Mollymutt regarding their stance on people basically taking their packs and editing them or adding to them regardless of express authorisation or not....I can certainly understand why you would be unhappy about that, as people should respect the work.....and no doubt some people with the necessary skill will add to or edit some elements of the pack privately for personal use and not distribute it at all but really it is all about respecting the author's work....redistributing their pack with anything of your own added into it is not respecting their efforts or their work.

However, having said that it's not like we haven't had this discussion or debate before, a certain Xenobond springs to mind for instance, and my opinion is still the same....in principle I agree with you 100% but being realistic about it one cannot expect certain people to respect their work and efforts and so redistribution and editing has to be expected once the pack is released into the wild as that's just the nature of the internet especially - but my point is that I don't necessarily agree that not releasing the pack is the right move - like 90% of genuine fans end up disappointed because of 10% of idiots, not to mention everyone elses time including your own that may or may not have been wasted....so it's kind of a double edged sword - I think maybe if people wern't going to release a pack out into the wild then the next best thing would be via some form of personal invite so at least genuine fans of your work wouldn't get the shaft aswell.....basically I just think that there's much better ways to handle this issue than simply promoting a pack for months on end and then in the end not releasing a pack at all because you don't want it redistributing or edited which is understandable to a large extent but at the same time not fair to anyone really when you think about it.....especially when the threats come right at the end when the packs are ready for release.....if any author promotes his pack for months or years and then publicly refuses to release then that makes him or her selfish in my opinion....selfish as in disappointing hundreds of their fans for a fact just so they themselves aren't potentially disappointed, plus I don't think it's right to get people's hopes up and then purposely not deliver - especially over something like this which being realistic has to be expected and should have been thought of at the start really.....but at the same time it is their prerogative and their decision also - I respect most texture artists for their time, dedication and efforts but I don't respect the selfish ones or the attention seekers.....sorry for the long post I'm just telling it how it is and this is just my honest opinion on the subject, I wish you all the best regardless Djipi and I hope people don't take this post the wrong way it's supposed to be level headed! Keep up the good work guys :)

Last edited:

cerebus5

I agree, if she wants to add backgrounds and so on just release it as a separate pack. Or even collaborate with mode7 on the community retexture project, and those who want to can add it themselves.

neo2008

Djipi you have make alone this two celda pack,s i have many respekt for you you a geat work i cant not make what you make one word FANTASTIC make agan so Djipi

mfg
Neo2008

PS: Sorry for my English :)

Last edited:

Mollymutt

Thommo, you can't possibly compare Xenobond to Djipi, other than to say that they are both talented artists. Djipi never said that he wasn't going to release his pack, and I don't think he ever would. I've been around here for about 4 years, and not once have I experienced any arrogance or over inflated-ego like some other people I might mention;) I agree with you, if Emarian's friend or anyone else wants to make backgrounds or anything else for OOT, go ahead, but start your own thread, and don't say it's for Djipi's pack. Call it "cell shaded backgrounds for OOT" or something else. If people like the results they'll appreciate it. BTW, anyone can PM Djipi with samples of their work, and see if he wants to officially add it to his pack. I had a few textures in his original pack, for instance.

Alakazoo

I personally work very much with imaging software making sigs, banners and stuff, when someone come out and say; This should be like this!

it pisses me off, if someone came and sent me a modified version of my work, I wouldn,t be pissed, I'd hate him!
Emarian could provide Djipi with the english text, unless Djipi's made them already!

Bon travail Djipi! ton pack est toujours le best, je ne crois pas qu'il y en esxiste un meilleur.

Emarian

C++ Addict
I think there has been a misunderstanding. :plain:

I didn't mean that I would release a version of Djipi's pack with backgrounds, I meant to say that I'd ask a friend of mine to do it so that we could also have hi-res backgrounds (that way, it could be supplied alongside the pack, so anyone who wishes to have the pack could also download the backgrounds if they so wished).

Basically, they would be released separately.

Sorry for the confusion.

If Emarian's friend or anyone else wants to make backgrounds or anything else for OOT, go ahead, but start your own thread, and don't say it's for Djipi's pack. Call it "cell shaded backgrounds for OOT" or something else. If people like the results they'll appreciate it.

That's exactly what I was talking about.

BTW, anyone can PM Djipi with samples of their work, and see if he wants to officially add it to his pack. I had a few textures in his original pack, for instance.

What do you think I did?

Emarian could provide Djipi with the english text, unless Djipi's made them already!

I actually highly appreciated the fact that nobody mentioned me by name (as I said, this is a misunderstanding - I NEVER mentioned editing Djipi's pack; I only mentioned that I would ask a friend to make backgrounds for us).

However, nice way for you to assume.

P.S.
I apologized to Djipi personally for my poor choice of words.

Last edited:

Thommo

@ Mollymutt, it wasn't so much that I was comparing Djipi to Xenobond - not that I have anything against Xenobond but I like Djipi! :) but what Djipi said struck me as very similar to where Xenobond was coming from and I was giving my thoughts on the whole thing. I do respect these people as artists aswell as human beings but it still doesn't hide the fact that it's a pretty crappy thing to do to get people's hopes up and then let them all down because of something you should have thought about from the start, in the event of course. I was just surprised, and a little bit dismayed if I'm being totally honest, that I heard it from Djipi of all people! Seems like such a nice guy.

Last edited:

Emarian

C++ Addict
@Cerebus, yes.

All credit goes to Djipi. My updates are in a separate folder within the pack (for easy removal if you so wished).

Also, when the final pack is released, I'll host my own fixes separately (not included in the pack at all) along with the final. I would have done it already, but I'm not home atm.

EDIT:
It seems as though I've accidentally removed my Fonts file from my server.

If anyone could re-upload the fonts for me so that I could rehost, this would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

neo2008

Hi Emarina i cant download the Djipi's Final Hi-Res Celda Mod w/ Update w/ All English Fixes >> Download Here (Direct Link) wy i net a login name and a passwort how must i regist me can you send me the link very thanks and sorry for my english

Mfg
neo2008

Emarian

C++ Addict
Sorry about that guys, apparently my directory got locked somehow.

Download should be back up.

On a side note, with approval from Djipi, I'm making a site for the Celda mod. I'll be hosting any modifications and linking to it from there; Djipi is also delaying the release of the pack until I've finished this site (shouldn't take more than a day or two), so I'd suggest sending me any modifications that you want officially hosted.

Also, if anyone has that font archive I uploaded here, could you please send it to me? I've accidentally deleted my copy.

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
A site for the mod seems good, hopefully everyone involved gets a mention, and perhaps a section for elements which need redoing, once Djipi is done with his work, which people could submit, and pending approval, be included in the pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.