What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Castlevania LOD Hi-res Texture Pack WIP

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
It's up!

See the first post for the download! I am downloading it myself right now to check it. I will update the first post with details in a few.

Happy Downloading!!! :bouncy:

Datadayne

GREAT!

Happy birthday once again. Giving out presents on your own birthday, your a great person gitech.

edit*
430+mb! thats gonna take all night.

edit once again*
never mind, speed is pretty fast, 10 mins to go.

Last edited:
OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
The download stopped for me twice. First time it got to 96% and the second time at about 70%.

Is anybody having the same problem?

A video would be Great! I tried with a screen capture program and I wasn't happy with the frame rate.

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Edit:

I got the download complete!

Also, Important!

I updated the first post. It now reads:

Edit: Play the game on normal difficulty setting! Not easy. Trust me. It's a very lonely game on easy without the enemies!

Corrections for the read me:

Edit: (Un-check everything except "Fast Texture") should be under outline item "C. Current Game Options Tab:"

(Do not check "Alternative texture size calculation"). Follow the read me.

You also need to select "speed limit" under the emulation tab in 1964.

Also, in the read me it sais you can use "Frame skip" in the video plugin's "General game options" Tab. Ignore that. You should use 1964's "Automatic Frame skip" under the the "Emulation" Tab in 1964 if you need to. It is much better than the plugin's frame skip.

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Play the game on normal difficulty setting! Not easy. Trust me. It's a very lonely game on easy without the enemies!

I challenge you to play the game on the hard difficulty level! Not only are the enemies stronger and the player weaker but there are also some very interesting changes on the gameplay that will surprise you. :)

Too bad I can't try the texture pack since megaupload hates the ISPs of my country... damn! :doh:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Megaupload uses download slots as a workaround against leeching. The problem is that it assigns too few slots to my country. Because of that, every time I try to get a file from megaupload it won't let me despite the internet connection and the PC I use. I never managed to get a file from them. :p

I can download from any other site as long as it doesn't follow this anti-leech scheme. Rapidshare, sendspace, etc. will work fine.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Megaupload uses download slots as a workaround against leeching. The problem is that it assigns too few slots to my country. Because of that, every time I try to get a file from megaupload it won't let me despite the internet connection and the PC I use. I never managed to get a file from them. :p

I can download from any other site as long as it doesn't follow this anti-leech scheme. Rapidshare, sendspace, etc. will work fine.
If gitech don't mind, I will upload it today to my RS.com premium account and link it into my sticky and here.
But I'll need some time, lectures you know! ;)

Triggerhappy

I think I got everything set up, but the only problem is that I have absolutely no sound! :( I'm using Jabo's DirectSound 1.6 and of course I have the sync audio to video checked as usual, but no sound. Don't know why. If I use shibo's Audio plugin 1.2 I hear sound but quite obviously it's crap lol!

Again I'm real sorry I'm posting troubleshooting here but I'm too lazy to look around the forum for an answer. :blush:

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Good morning,

Select the RSP audio plugin while choosing plug-ins.

MasterPHW,

Cool! But can we wait until my second release in just a week or so. It will be all textures retextured and more ready for the general public. This one is rough and was just a beta to keep my word and let people try it out and get some initial feedback or trouble shooting tips/help. Then a few weeks after that will be a re-retextured final pack. So their will be 3 releases can you wait till the second one? Thanks. :cyclops:

Triggerhappy

Sorry I must be confused. The only audio plugins available on 1964 that I see is Jabo's DirectSound 1.6, No Sound, schibo's Audio Plugin 1.2 based on UltraHLE.

The "System default RSP plugin" has "none" available. Sorry to bother you with this again.

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
I do not know why you only have "none" as a selection for the RSP plugin. :(

The RSP Plugin is neccessary for sound.

Does anyone else know why triggerhappy is having this problem and what he can do about it?

I thought it just came with 1964 v9.9

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
I will re-upload a quick second pack v1.1 with some quick corrections to the read me. MasterPhW can upload this one to Rapidshare for you PsyMan. ;)

Edit: Does anyone have any ideas for triggerhappy's RSP Audio Plugin problem?

Last edited:
OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Re-uploading now. :)

Less than 3 hours left until v1.1 will be available for download.

Changes: The read me has been updated with important setup info.

Triggerhappy

Sorry probably a bad time to mention this, but I noticed that the motorcycle texture is missing from the original dl. When playing the skeleton is riding on an invisible bike lol! The sidecar is there though. Also, did Ada get any work done on her or did you decide to leave her alone? Just checking since I noticed she looked exactly the same.

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Thanks for the question. It's never a bad time. :)

Um, I downloaded my own pack, unzipped it and am playing it on hard mode. PsyMan challenged me to try it. It is HARD! The Lake Dragon killed me more than 10 times! I am finding trouble textures in the "Outer Wall" now. When I got to the Villa the motorcycles were fine. The textures for them are in the skeletons folder like this: ... 1964\099\plugin\hires_texture\CASTLEVANIA2\CHARACTERS\SKELETONS

Do you have everything in the "current game options" tab in the video plugin unchecked except "Fast texture"? And that option is not even necessary. This game needs nothing checked in this tab. Make sure the check boxes are not even filled in with a green square denoting "set to default" settings from the "Game Default Options" tab. Every box in the "current game options" tab should be clear/white. (except for "fast texture")

The new read me has updated info. Download the new one and try that. Also, look in the folder for the skeletons and see if the textures are there.

Let me know how it goes and ask as many questions as you want. It's only possible that it could help others.

Do you have sound yet? Did you get the RSP plugin?

Ada, young Henry and a few others have not been done yet. Just ran out of time. I did Cornell's first costume just before release! I spent a lot of time on it though. 6+ hours. =]

Mudlord, Rice, anyone...I do have a problem with Reinhardt's hands when he is in "Vamp" state. His hands go pure white and no texture is dumped into any file (for his hands). This is the first time I've seen this. "Normal" and "Poison" states are fine. Any ideas? Thank you in advance! :)

PS: 5 minutes left till v1.1 is ready for download. It will be in the first post.

Last edited:
OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Sorry, the upload manager took forever to say it was complete even though it finished 15 minutes ago. :unsure: :)

It's available for download in the first post HERE.

I tried to upload to sendspace for you but the upload limit is 300MB. The pack is 415MB.

I can break it up into 2 parts and upload it for you guys tomorrow. :bouncy:

I plan to put it on a few download sites so everyone can experience this great game. Thank you Konami KCEK! :flowers: :vampire:

Last edited:
OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
PsyMan,

Sorry you had to wait longer!

MasterPhW,

Thank you for the heads up! You can upload this pack for Psyman and others who use RS! Thank you for everything! ;)

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
PsyMan,

Sorry you had to wait longer!

MasterPhW,

Thank you for the heads up! You can upload this pack for Psyman and others who use RS! Thank you for everything! ;)
Yeah, will do that... but again... need some time, because of lectures... first one starts in 30 minutes... :(