What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Castlevania LOD Hi-res Texture Pack WIP

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Thanks Shin_Gouki,

How far have you gotten? Have you seen what's new about Malus and Vlad Dracul Tepes himself? Feel free to post some pics of your favorite parts. :)

I am continuing work on v1.2. Just a little more to go. Less than 50 textures left and that will be every texture in the game. After I release v1.2 I will begin work on v1.3. The final release where I will go back and redo every simply "filtered" texture in the game (mostly in the first 3 levels).

v1.2 will = 100% retextured
v1.3 will = 100% finished

As a thanks for your comment here is a new pic of the front of the spider chicks. Notice I made the black of the spiders face continue up onto the girls stomach to blend it all together. ;)

2uxtl3s.jpg

34nfvw9.jpg

Last edited:

jadeanderson

You're creating a masterpiece there, Mr GI. I love you.

Have you heard from any of the game's designers? I bet they'd love how LOD looks now.

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
You're creating a masterpiece there, Mr GI. I love you.

Have you heard from any of the game's designers? I bet they'd love how LOD looks now.

:cheers: That's how I look at it...:D Thank you! ;)

I have not heard from Konami yet. I was thinking about contacting them but I have been waiting 'till it's more complete. I'd like to contact several "people" about it, but when it's done so I can concentrate on promoting it and maybe more. ;)

Here's a few more pics:

1. Tower of Ruin (Lo-res)
2. Tower of Ruin (Hi-res, an older pic so HUD is not complete)
3. Sealed door in the Castle Center (Lo-res)
4. Sealed door in the Castle Center (Hi-res)

Enjoy!

28lwe2g.jpg

30szyxe.jpg

v44ftv.jpg

1jtf0g.jpg

DaiShuryou

That looks really amazing, I really can`t wait to play with the finished Texture pack. Is this really your first Re-Texture work? Because it looks way too good for that.

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Thank you guys. Really, I appreciate it so much! :)

DaiShuryou,

Yep, this is really my first attempt at any kind of visual art. Though I regard everything I do an art. I love to learn and do my best at everything I try. Like my Miss Hydro 2.0 you can read about and watch my videos of on my website.

(It's long dead now, but when I started out it was my first attempt at any flying RC, lipo batteries or brushless motors. I did a lot of research, trial and error. Within a few months I developed the worlds best flying boat that was completely ready to fly right out of the box. I made them each by hand, sold 50+ and had a great customer base. I also had a great forum going to create a community for my customers and help them. But, the factory that made the parts for me went under and without any backing or help it became to much for just me to have time to keep up, so it died. The flying boat bubble burst once air hogs came out with the storm launcher, so still to this day my Miss Hydro 2.0 remains the best the world may ever see. I still have my first one. If you can imagine how fragile flying things made out of foam are, you'll understand how special that is. It has been in way over a hundred crashes, many very hard.)

I hope you are inspired to do great things yourself. Thank you again and have fun!

Just for reference here is the link to my old threads for it:
v1.5 - http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13305 (this ones got 557 posts and 24,900+ views! More than 4 times as many views than any other thread in that topic, man I just noticed that, WTF!) =]
v2.0 - http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24794

PS: I just had a eureka moment with the "trouble textures", I am going to start a new thread here for it as it could improve retexturing for everyone if it gets worked out. ;)

Last edited:

DoctaMario

Giltech,

I actually just signed up over here to tell you that this project is AWESOME! The 64 Castlevania games are among my favorites of all time and it's awesome to see someone doing a homebrew project with them. I run the games on a Mac using SixtyForce, so I likely won't be able to take advantage of this great project, but keep it up!

I also saw you were from Buffalo too! The good ones usually are! :party:

mgfcortez

re

Giltech you did a great job i can't get over what you've done.
can't wait to see the 100% done pack i hope it will play on P64 because it works really good:p
anyway i seen other say they used it so i guess it does at least some anyway.lol
keep up the great work!!

you know what would be a bad ass upgrade if they was a way to take the textures out of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and put them in Ocarina of Time that would something very cool:drool:
of course it might not be doable:(
don't know if you can rip textures out of gamecube games i know you can't wii well at least i think you can't
just wondering and wanted to ask/state this at the same time:party:

but i love this game and i'm going to love it even more now that it looks like a ps2 game all thank to the great Giltech:drool:
THANKS SO MUCH!!!!

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Nice to meet you DoctaMario and mgfcortez and WOW! Awesome, thank you for your comments!

Doc,

Are you from Buffalo too? I've got a PC you can play it on! ;)

mgfcortez,

Dude, you won't believe it...what a coincidence! Your in luck! I have been using DirectX exclusively because OpenGL makes Mario64 flicker, so I figured DirectX was my only option. Well, yesterday when I was helping MasterPhW I had to use OpenGL to check something for him. Today, I loaded up my Castlevania LOD without thinking first to change it back to DirectX and guess what?! It was working perfectly with NO missing sound channels or pops in the sound! It was much faster when loading textures during play as well!

:plain: That means I have been wrong this whole time!

The best way to play Castlevania LOD is with Project64, Jabo's DirectSound 1.6, and Mudlord/Rice 6.1.4 but with OpenGL!

I checked this with 1964 and it still had the pops in the sound so PJ64 is the best way to play LOD!

Wow, well I guess "you learn something everyday". I am pissed at myself. ;) All this time.... .... ....WTF!

Sorry to everyone that I told they HAVE to use 1964 to play!

I will have to update my read me! Well, it needs a lot of updating actually. ;)

Well, that's one down...now only one left. The problem with what I call "Trouble Textures". If it does not get fixed I have 2 choices. To Make my textures the way I want and have parts of the game drop to as low as 3 frames per second, or leave ~100 textures their original size. Man, I hope this gets worked out... ;)

PS: Now, if I am wrong again...someone please tell me. =]

Edit: Oh, about ripping textures from one game and using them in another, I think it is illegal to use textures from one game for another because they are protected by copyright.

Last edited:
OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
New pics:

Enjoy!

30j1eg0.jpg

1zwhh.jpg

b3mr00.jpg

vh49ar.jpg

2nkub08.jpg

10yqjwo.jpg

30kadrm.jpg

Also, last night I did some work on Turok 1 in an effort help PSProgramer get started on his first texture project and I thought I should post it here to give Mode7 due credit for his tileable photo contribution.

The background textures here were all made from the original textures Blended with photos from the internet, made tileable for me by Mode7. As a side note I had to blur the texturizing layer with Gaussian Blur so they looked nice near and far in game. The gun and hand were made by touching up the originals and Blending them with my collection of textures. Blending is done with Blending Modes in Photoshop.

BTW: does anyone have a setup for Turok 1 that allows the textures to be displayed correctly with Mudlord/Rice? It is a pain to retexture because as far as I found, only Glide Napalm can display the textures the right size...and Glide was not made with working on textures in mind. Thanks.

Check it out!

2vb8x7p.jpg

2qi70ag.jpg

Last edited:

DoctaMario

Nice to meet you DoctaMario and mgfcortez and WOW! Awesome, thank you for your comments!

Doc,

Are you from Buffalo too? I've got a PC you can play it on! ;)

Originally I'm from Buffalo, though I live in Atlanta now. But my heart's all Chippewa and Beef on Weck! ;)

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Nice, Chippewa is not really my style but Beef on Weck is the best!

Mmmm, I am going to have to have one soon! :)

Hey, what about the wings?! ;)

BTW: does anyone have a setup for Turok 1 that allows the textures to be displayed correctly with Mudlord/Rice? It is a pain to retexture because as far as I found, only Glide Napalm can display the textures the right size...and Glide was not made with working on textures in mind. Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Castlevania LOD v1.2 is on hold with <30 textures left to go out of a total of over 2900. The texture caused slowdown problem I call "trouble textures" can be fixed. I am sure of it. I will be posting in my "trouble textures" thread here on the subject.

Because of the work I have done in the last week helping PSProgramer with Turok 1...the information contained below has helped me come up with some theories that could lead to a solution to the texture caused slowdown issue with Mudlord/Rice.

There is much more to the problem with the rendering of textures in Turok 1 with both Mudlord/Rice and Glide64 Napalm than I mentioned in my last post above. If you are looking into this...much more info on the subject can be found here: http://homebrewheaven.net/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=4641 . I am working on this right now and I will be posting more findings on the subject for days or weeks to come. In doing this I have come to a few realizations that may be an answer to at least the problem of textures causing slowdown with Mudlord/Rice.

Here at emutalk I will concentrate on Mudlord/Rice and I will be concentrating on Glide64 at homebrewheaven and emuxhaven to keep the subjects separate. Though there will be some overlapping of the subjects to explain what I have found that could lead to solutions for either one or both.

martpov

Castlevania settings

Hi again, I am sorry my absence but I have had too much work lately. Nevertheless, beside playing to the Lost Planet Colonies I have checked the Castlevania Gitech.
Here I leave them the best option to play Castlevania Gitech (and SM64 mollymutt,and....)
Emulator :project64 v1.6
124wphc.jpg

Plugins: Glide64 Napalm
Jabo Direct3D8
4lluf4.jpg

2cnfgpf.jpg

729g6o.jpg

mrcnig.jpg

opwkl1.jpg

Notes:
Use alpha channel fully,if a texture shows borders or cracks(see my post,last image,on page 16)like gitech texture.
Uncheck register caching to avoid this fatal error
SP_DRAM_A DDR_REG not in RDRam (emulator crash ,to exit press alt+F4)
If your PC does not have enough free memory,set the texture cache to a smaller size(128MB) and/or compress memory used for texture cache.
With these settings the game run perfect (graphics,sound,no slowdown,screen..)
See the picture showing triple axe effect:

2n9yux2.jpg

Enjoy!

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Thanks martpov,

I see. I did know it works great in glide other than the missing textures related to the CRC bug...I just hadn't wanted to re-dump and do all that research to find the missing/replacement textures that would allow them to appear when using glide. I might be forced to though if nothing comes from my texture loading/cashing suggestion for Mudlord's/Rice Video. I am giving them time to get back to me at this point. I sure hope it can be done :)...that MRV can load/cache textures like Glide with a check box option so it wouldn't have to load textures up in real time during play and eliminate the slowdown and sound popping. (You can read my full post about that in post #16-17 HERE.)

THANKS again! Great info!!!

PS: I am working on a NEW Forrest of Silence right now! ;) I will post pics in a few days. Very busy week with the holidays.

PSS: NEW INFO/READ ME CHANGE for Castlevania LOD: For those who still want to use MRV: Use PJ64 and OpenGL renderer, NOT DirectX. (NO missing sound channels and less sound popping)

Last edited:

mgfcortez

good to see your still working on this bad ass hi res pack^_^
great work gitech!!
your the man can't wait for the 100% version but take your time.
can't rush greatness anyway be cool

OP
G

gitech

N64 Artist
Thanks mgfcortez! :)

Yep, here are a few pics of the NEW Forest of Silence! It's still in a WIP state but I tried to keep un-redone textures out of frame. ;) Notice how I blended textures to each other by carrying over the adjacent textures and fading them in to hide the borders of separate polygons. ;)

Enjoy! :)

34imhbb.jpg

jagh01.jpg

2b41tx.jpg

2la6jiq.jpg

2jche1h.jpg

1jq99f.jpg