What's new

Buying new PC / ATI or nVidia?

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
mezkal said:
As someone who HAS worked in the press I would say that NVIDIA would be very careful to make clear with specific instructions as to how their Corporate Logo is to be displayed, probably even going so far as supplying complete "press packs" of scaled and correctly presented versions of their logos. Some companies even go so far as to supply a font and colour charts that their artwork uses, so that their partners can create similarly theme content which maintains NVIDIA's Corporate Identity.

They do have rules on how to use the logo.

sheik124

Emutalk Member
grrr, all I was saying is its an I not an E, from now on, I'm spelling it NViDiA to piss you all off

quick quote from NVIDIA's image kit:
NVIDIA Themselves said:
Writing NVIDIA
The correct way of writing NVIDIA is in all uppercase letters. The name NVIDIA, when used to describe NVIDIA products or
technologies, should include a registered trademark on first reference. For example, NVIDIA® GeForce.

Eagle

aka Alshain
As for the video cards, I suggest ATI. NVIDIA has good cards but the problem with them is their driver support. You might think the driver support is good because they release updates so quickly but in fact, the updates are only to boost speed with the absolute newest string of cards. They never fix any bugs or other problems. I still have a defunct Geforce 3 Ti200 at home and it just doesn't run a lot of games. A few off the top of my head are SimCity 4, Spiderman The Movie, and 2 of the 3 main Lord of the Rings games among others. The games just crash when I start them and NVIDIA refused to fix the problem, they work fine on my brothers ATI.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stezo2k

S-2K
Eagle said:
I still have a defunct Geforce 3 Ti200 at home and it just doesn't run a lot of games. A few off the top of my head are SimCity 4, Spiderman The Movie, and 2 of the 3 main Lord of the Rings games among others. The games just crash when I start them and NVIDIA refused to fix the problem, they work fine on my brothers ATI.

Strange, I was pretty happy with my geforce 3 when i got rid of mine, was running Doom 3 fine and full speed at 1024 x 768 (Med settings) and games like it around the same settings, never had any problems running any games though....

vampireuk

Mr. Super Clever
They never fix any bugs or other problems.

The same can be said for ATI, they release drivers constantly with new features to please people but the latest versions still have the same bugs from 3.9. I've spoken personally to a member of the Catalyst driver team about the problems and nothing came of it. I've always found NVIDIA drivers to be far more stable.

fivefeet8

-= Clark Kent -X- =-
You can't really compare driver quality when both Ati/Nvidia have their fair share of problems. On that note, I've never had much problems with Nvidia drivers on my geforce 4 ti 4600, Fx5900u, or my 6800 ultra.

milen

My opinion : both are the same :p . If you like ATI buy ATI, If you like NVIDIA buy NVIDIA

in code:
randomize();
a = random(0,1);
if(a<0.5) { buy ati }
if(a>0.5) { buy nvidia }
if(a==0.5) { bad chance don't buy anything, you're unlucky person }
:happy: