What's new

Bra64 --> The New Era Of N64 Graphic Plugins!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
A

ashade

:baaa: HEY PEOPLE, GOOD NEWS!! I have implemented some rsp functions (only 4 till now) tottally in assembler code and look at the results in my PIII 1Ghz machine:

rsp_uc0_matrix(loads a matrix into the stack) --> time to run: about 5e-07 seconds!! (0.0000005s)

rsp_uc0_movemem(various stuff) --> time to run: about 3.5e-07 seconds!! (0.00000035s)

rsp_uc0_vertex(loads a vertex and do some math): about 3e-07 seconds!! (0.0000003s)

It's about 10 times faster than glide64 and 8 times faster than daedalus8!!!!!!! I'll test the same functions of other plugins to see results and compare with mine... I think Bra64 will be the fastest video plugin ever seen!!

Remote

You seem really exited over this, so exited that you posted the same message 3 times... :p Anyways, looking good... I'm probaly not the only one who enjoyed watching Glide64 evolve here on ET, so when you feel up to it and you have something to show, please do... :D

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
ashade said:
It's about 10 times faster than glide64 and 8 times faster than daedalus8!!!!!!! I'll test the same functions of other plugins to see results and compare with mine... I think Bra64 will be the fastest video plugin ever seen!!

Dont jump ahead of yourself now, You still have alot to go ;)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Whoa! Come! Share your progress! Whenever there's somethin' new, show it to us! :D
And release when you think it's ready! We're all excited ;)

Dave2001

ashade said:
It's about 10 times faster than glide64 and 8 times faster than daedalus8!!!!!!! I'll test the same functions of other plugins to see results and compare with mine... I think Bra64 will be the fastest video plugin ever seen!! [/B]

Well.. umm... you may not be doing exactly everything that will need to be done there in the future, but I don't doubt your ability to write fast code if you can do it in assembler. Good luck with your plugin.

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
By starting it all in asm, i can imagine, that you have written very carefully the few functions you've made to optimize them, and that you're very exciting to your results but... even if the improvement is real, i can also see how hard it will be in the future to manage the code, to modify thing in it when you'll see that you have to rewrite half of your code because something is wrong...

Well, i'm not trying to discourage you, but when you're writting your code, try to keep in mind, that you'll prolly need to rewrite 95% of it one day or another...

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Hacktarux said:
By starting it all in asm, i can imagine, that you have written very carefully the few functions you've made to optimize them, and that you're very exciting to your results but... even if the improvement is real, i can also see how hard it will be in the future to manage the code, to modify thing in it when you'll see that you have to rewrite half of your code because something is wrong...

Well, i'm not trying to discourage you, but when you're writting your code, try to keep in mind, that you'll prolly need to rewrite 95% of it one day or another...
Well, you'll have to do that even with a real plugin coded without asm, don't you? :(
Yeah, well, that's life, and it cannot be avoided. It has been done with all the plugins :)

Cyberman

It's great you are excited.. but ummm I'm sure you'll have to do more with your code later on. Making it work is more important than making it fast.

As for the RDRAM you don't have 8megs you have 4 OR 8 megs. IE 4 megs without the expansion pack 8 megs with the expansion pack. General games were run at a higher resolution to take advantage of the extra memory (wee?)

Take your time I'm sure you'll see steady results but stick to the program. As Kazzuya says, "Debugging obscure bugs is the worst part of making a plugin!"

Take your time, don't rush anything the fewer mistakes you make now the less bug hunting you'll need to do later.

Cyb

OP
A

ashade

For those who couldnt see the logo

Bra64LOGO.jpg

OP
A

ashade

Hey, i liked this one!! I'm having an idea now... let's make a contest... if you have time, improve the logo below, make it greater!! Let's see how cool it can get! You can put something related to n64 if u want...

Original logo:
Bra64LOGO.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.