What's new

BootCD works in 0.25

s250

I just tried some non-bootable game,some works,some doesn't,so I think that's why Chanka team didn't mention it in 0.25 whatsnew.
BTW:Better use Utopia BootCD 1.2.

Waan2k

Emutalk Lover :)
yeah I notice that they were working in .1 version and now they boot the games instead of locking up :)

Heinster

I now used an an image off utopia 1.2 and I have the screen in fron of me... Do I now need to switch images? Or how does it work?

OP
S

s250

I don't know about image,maybe just switch image like switch disc.
boot the BootCD,when the deer or dog thing spinning,switch disc.if it works,you will see a % at left bottom,wait a while,then the background changes to disc spinning,the game will be loaded.

Heinster

well it's not the problem that the game doesn't work but I keep seeying that animal and nothing happens... So I'm doubting if it's not something else... I expect something like a crashing or hanging game... But nothing happens....

Heinster

s250 said:
I just tried some non-bootable game,some works,some doesn't,so I think that's why Chanka team didn't mention it in 0.25 whatsnew.
BTW:Better use Utopia BootCD 1.2.

HAve you tried with actual cd's? Or just with images?

Or has someone else been succesfull with imageswitching?

Aks

the boot cd didnt work for me on nightmare creatures 2, but it did work for maken x, it probably all depends on the game..I have also tried image to image and it doesnt work, but it could be the games as well..the only non boot games I have left are Maken x and NMC2 :\ meh

OP
S

s250

ok...I just made an nonbootable game image,and utopia bootcd 1.2 image,both .cdi
with Daemon Tools 3.46
works fine.

spaffdog

i'm using utopia 1.1 (i like the pictures of the game on the cd thingy when it loads)

and i've tried it with deamon tools and actual cd's

wrks fine for me

just has to be the same drive (obviously)

image of utopia.. image of game same drive and visa versa

rcgamer

the old guy
what games have you tried. and i know this sounds obvious ,but you do know the game you use has to be non self booting right?

Heinster

San Francisco Rush doesn't work and sure is not selfbootable(otherwhise I wouldn't be trying utopia ;)) for instance most games are already selfbootable so theres not much else to test:p

rcgamer

the old guy
lol, you would be surprised how many people are probaly doing that to see if it works.

make a bootable one and see if it works. if it does then probably that game isnt supported with the boot disk(or at least isnt working with it yet).