What's new

bios reset while loading ?

Darkice

I have created a bootable cd image using exoskeletor's program but when i load the game , it takes me to the screen with play, memcards , settings , music icons and when i click on play the bios just keeps resetting itself every time
i have the required dc_flash.bin and dc_bios.bin , so why does this happen ?

OP
D

Darkice

I have the european bios (spanish and pal version and also the US version) but it still doesnt work

OP
D

Darkice

There is a lot of confusion . which program should i use to convert my dreamcast game (Resident evil code veronica which is non bootable ) into bootable ?

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
But RE: Code veronica is selfbootable... Try to use the xxx CD-ROM interface.
Also make sure to replace the bios files with bios files that were not used by the emulator and that they are not "read only".

Last edited:
OP
D

Darkice

No it isnt working even though i used the cd-rom xxx interface. do we have to use self bootable virtual images or CDs that contain bootable images ?can the chankast actually read cds from the cd or dvd drive

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Yes it can read them but the emulation speed will be slower than normal. Try to make a selfbootable CD with exoskeletor's program.

OP
D

Darkice

and where do i download that exoboot program
Exoskeletor has created so many different versions in his posts , how do i know which one to use ?

MAD_BOY

weird guy
cause i don't need it and the topic is just a few topics under this one, and i allready use a different thingy to mke games bootable (don't ask me where to download, cause i have no idea where i got it from)

OP
D

Darkice

but the real question is why does chankast read these so called self bootable images by exoboot ,dirboot and fastboot as audio cds by displaying the dreamcast logo and its menu screen with the play , music, memory card and settings

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
Darkice said:
but the real question is why does chankast read these so called self bootable images by exoboot ,dirboot and fastboot as audio cds by displaying the dreamcast logo and its menu screen with the play , music, memory card and settings
there is ONLY ONE possibility to arrive at this screen... YOU HAVE NO CD INSERTED IN THE SELECTED DRIVE !!!

and there is only 3 possible case for that...
1. idiot category : the correct drive is not selected
2. stupid guy category : the cd is really not inserted
3. complete moron category : you are try to use a gdrom, and gdroms can't be recognized on your cd/dvd drive...

so, what is your category ???

Last edited:
OP
D

Darkice

do we really have to insert the dreamcast cd in the drive ?

Exoskeletor said that virtual cd images inserted in virtual drives is enough to run the game

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
Darkice said:
Exoskeletor said that virtual cd images inserted in virtual drives is enough to run the game
yes, but you have to select this drive ! and if you have selected this drive you can't have the bios screen (just the dreamcast audio cd screen, in the worst case)...

OP
D

Darkice

which drive are u talking about when u said "this drive " ?
My DVD-ROM drive or the virtual cd drive

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
Darkice said:
which drive are u talking about when u said "this drive " ?
My DVD-ROM drive or the virtual cd drive
if you have mounted a cd image in your virtual drive you have to select this drive (virtual drive) in chankast menu...

OP
D

Darkice

Thats exactly what i did and it still doesnt work
I have the Ip.bin and 1st_read.bin files in my cd and i dont have the dummy.bin file in my cd , what is the use of that WinCE file ?

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
Darkice said:
Thats exactly what i did and it still doesnt work
I have the Ip.bin and 1st_read.bin files in my cd and i dont have the dummy.bin file in my cd , what is the use of that WinCE file ?
omg...
games are generally made by developement kit in console... for the case of the dreamcast the devs team used the "katana dev kit" (the sega one), or a "wince based dev kit", so forget about wince stuff !!! anyway, wince based games don't work for the moment with chankast !!! and RE code veronica is not a wince based game !!!

anyway, wince games and dummy files are not your businness now !!! since you are unable to correctly boot to an app/game, those stuff are secondary !!! you have to BOOT to an app/game before take care about that, AND IT'S NOT YOUR CASE !!! you are still blocked in the dreamcast bios screen !!! and you shouldn't !!! even with a wince based game, or a missing dummy file, you should boot an app/game... so solve your booting problem before every thing !!!

and don't tell me it's exactly what you did, because it's wrong !!! psyman told you about corrupted bios, you said you have a good one !!! so, now to arrive at the screen you constantly have, there is only ONE POSSIBILITY ! YOU HAVEN'T ANY CD INSERTED IN THE SELECTED DRIVE !!! since we can't do this for you, SOLVE THIS PROBLEM !!!