What's new

Banjo tooie random crash edition

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
Banjo tooie random freezing edition.. lol happy!

aaaahhhhhhhhh crap....... no matter what i do banjo tooie crashes at random during story mode, though i don't see this during the multiplay :cry:

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
not really a solution but it works

Press F5 every few minutes of gameplay

and if pj64 crashes press F7 and your game will be restored to your last save

ickle_moi

Monkey Ball Addict..
i have the same problem it has been bearable but now i am on jolly roger bay and its getting more frequent!!
using windows 2000 30.82 detonator drivers and all default audio/gfx plugins + adaptoid contoller driver on pj 1.5

bositman

Try setting the game to protect memory from options-settings-advanced-self-mod code method after youve loaded the rom

LD.

*poke*
That doesn't fix it for me. All default settings (except protect memory), and Glide64 0.2, Jabo's 1.5 sound and Jabo's 1.5 input.

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Tooie's copy protection isn't fully emulated. It still hits parts where it will crash, and I'm guessing that's your problem.

Of course, it may be something else...

Last edited:
The Khan Artist said:
Tooie's copy protection isn't fully emulated. It still hits parts where it will crash. Sorry.
I wouldn't be so sure about that.I mean maybe this seems obvious but eventually not true.What I mean is that this freezing may caused by the video plugin.And I may be right in this one...

tooie

The Khan Artist said:
Tooie's copy protection isn't fully emulated. It still hits parts where it will crash. Sorry.

Like where you claiming it is not passable ?

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
tooie said:
The Khan Artist said:

Like where you claiming it is not passable ?

? I don't remember making such a claim...

*disclaimer: TKA's info may be a bit inaccurate, it is all gleamed from what others have said on this board, as he has been unable to find a good Tooie ROM in his few hours of searching*

Let me re-word that original post...

tooie

The Khan Artist said:
Tooie's copy protection isn't fully emulated.

you just made a statement then that has no facts behind it right ?

you do not know if it is or isn't .. granted I have not finished the game so I do not know .. but I was not that far off ..

OP
jvolel

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
now if the game crashes using other plugins (though the graphics are screwed up on some am gonna start wondering whats going on)......

*later on* i tried another game forgot what game it was....... anyway the game crashed also using jabo 1.5 so i t just might be the video plugin

Last edited:

ickle_moi

Monkey Ball Addict..
well its been working fine for me this evening (yay)
explored most of jolly roger bay for ages with no crashes :D
(damn big level)
i admire your work Tooie Thanks for your mumbo magic

tooie

I really should try to finish it .. I was fairly close .. I think I need like 6 more jiggies

WildSOfT

emu-holic
For me tooie just freezes the emulator at random places and times, but it's happening not very often, so it's not a big problem
:)

Hitman

First time i played Tooie it was randomly and regularly crashing the emu... So i'm keenly watching threads for fixes and tips...
But, second time i played it i didn't get any crashes at all ??? Weird or what ?
I do believe its a plugin fault, but F5 is my saviour:happy:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
I got tooie last night and have not experienced one freeze, i'm using check memory advance, cf is 4, and all others are defaults.

ShadowFX

Guardian
I couldn't even get far in the beginning of the game, it just crashes too damn randomly. I once even had a crash on the intro, when I watched it for serveral minutes!