What's new

audio

Aisukazemizu

Hi. I'm completely new to this. I downloaded in_cube but I can't get it to work. How do I use winamp with this? Yes, I know I'm stupid...

OP
BlueFalcon7

BlueFalcon7

it should go in the plugin folder the directory should look something like this:
C:\program files\winamp\plugins

Mouser X

Try here:
http://c9.servage.net/~sc19031-ZCPG/in_cube.html

Or, for a web address that will *always* be correct, try http://here.is/halleyscomet

Actually, HCS got a new server, but hasn't been able to transfer the domain name over yetm which is why it's not leading to the proper address. The site is still up, and running wonderfully. Unless, of course, your looking for the HCS tracker, then that's still down, and will be until the domain name is moved over properly. I know that HCS will be hosting some DSP/ADX sets, but I'm not sure which ones, or where they're located on the server. Hopefully that info will be coming around soon enough. Mouser X over and out.

Mouser X

Heh... This is a bump of a few months, but I thought it was worth it. HCS has updated in_cube to 0.22. You can find here: in_cube: Gamecube stream player

This version has proper and fully working support for AFC files, which many sequenced games (Super Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion, Windwaker, Twilight Princess) happen to use. Do note that AFC is a streamed format, and that the sequenced files are not playable with in_cube. So, while the games I listed may have an AFC file or 2, the AFC files are only part of the overall music in the game, much of which isn't playable due to being sequenced.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the update! Mouser X over and out.

Last edited:

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
Thanks for the mention of in_cube, i'm renaming the Twilight Princess AST files to AFC and they are working mighty fine. Anyone know of a BMS format player for the actual sequenced files.

Also, who says all of Twilight Princess is MIDI should be shot, there are some lovely choral pieces here...

Mouser X

There's no BMS player available yet, that I've heard of. However, I do know that the format is being looked into. Currently, the AW files (which are sound banks) are being worked on. Once the format for those is figured out, I think the BMS files will be next.

One thing I think I should mention is that HCS has been busy lately, so he's not the one looking into the AW or BMS files. When he gets more time, he may do so, but not right now. In other words, the person who's looking into AW and BMS files isn't as experienced as HCS. As such, don't hold your breath for that at this time. If you're really interested though, feel free to join us at #usf on irc.freenode.net (I'm using mIRC), or the HCS forums here. And yes, the ability to play back the sequenced GC music would be far beyond awesome... Mouser X over and out.