What's new

Apollo v0.10 Beta R1 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
Pokemon Stadium 2

Pokemon Stadium 2 also freezes at this point if you don't skip the intro!!! Does anyone else have this problem! I have tried most options but it doesn't fix it

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
I found the best way to run Tooie was to load the game, Close.
Go to input & select untick Plugged & then choose you mempack again & load profile again.
Click ok & close the Apollo Exe.

start Apollo again, & select recent Tooie.

Why all the bother ?
Cause i havent the foggest where the 16 Eeprom option is :plain2:

OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Gent - 16kbit (2KB) EEPROM is selectable from the option menu. It is mislabeled (sloppy on my part). Once you select it, you no longer need to reselect it everytime you load the game.

Grant64 - Most hardhangs (Apollo doesn't work anymore) are caused by multithreading GUI issues. I am and have been addressing those since Day 1. The inrom freezes don't seem to happen for me. But be warned you must close the exe before loading a new rom. This is caused by faulty reset code. Those both are known issues. I do not and will never support Pokemon games on purpose. Apollo has no control over Jabo's D3D plugin settings. The plugin is suppose to read them from the RDB. I am not addressing speed issues at this time. My purpose for my interpreter is maximum compatibility (minus pokemon).

OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
I fixed the following roms...
-Gauntlet Legends will not enter/exit level 1 perfectly with Jabo's D3D6 (Level 2 is another issue).
-Turok 3 shows the menu and title screen now.
- DK64 is usable now... The dancers no longer have stickuptheirass movements
-Toy Story 2 and A Bug's Life have fixed audio (no more static)

Also remember PD uses 16KBit setting as well.

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
OK Well I have tried almost ALL my roms and these are the only probs, I see what you are saying.
Gent - How far is Tooie playable for you, after an undisclosed time the controller stops working and I can't move Banjo, anyone else have this problem??

sirss

gauntlet ledgends

zilmar what ya think of rices unofficial daedalus plugin fer gauntlet ledgends can exit and enter levels. his plug plays them games that others dont . very cool .

nemulate

All round nice guy.
Congrats are in order to you Azi! Although I haven't seen it, your new beta seems to be going down a storm with the punters. I'm going to post a 'How do I play Banjo Tooie on PJ64?' in PJ 64 board and I expect you to answer 'Easy, just use Apollo!'

lol

Last edited:

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
Grant64 said:
Gent - How far is Tooie playable for you, after an undisclosed time the controller stops working and I can't move Banjo, anyone else have this problem??

Yup ive got that.
i grabbed the running shoes at the start & started running.
in a few seconds i have no control.

OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
I will look into this problem. I don't quite comprehend it at all. But it seems something about banjo tooie likes to mess up. Where are these running shoes anyway ?

tooie

nemulate said:
Congrats are in order to you Azi! Although I haven't seen it, your new beta seems to be going down a storm with the punters. I'm going to post a 'How do I play Banjo Tooie on PJ64?' in PJ 64 board and I expect you to answer 'Easy, just use Apollo!'

lol

I think it is very nice on pj64 .. except it is not a public version

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
Azi - It doesn't just happen on the running shoes - It has happened to me the 3 times I have played.
1. After the first movie where that guy says he will wait in the tunnel for you.
2. As you run through Spiral Moutain.
3. As I went in to the crystal jiggy place. Also - I relise this is probably a plugi problem but the game is not playable when these get harder and arent so obvious - I would say about the 3rd level.

PS - A temporary solve to this problem (The controller one) could be just tob use savestates when it happens and then reboot

tooie

grant: yer it is frame buffer .. but it should not really be that hard I have done about 5 or so like that .. it should beep at you when you get the piece wrong anyway .. and there is still a pattern to follow .. it really is not that hard .. besides worse comes to worse you can save/load ... which should make it dead easy

OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
BTW tooie... sure tooie is playable on PJ64, but that isn't the point. I need to get these bugs out on Apollo, not PJ64. I leave the CPU problems to the PJ64 team. :)

Jabo

Emulator Developer
I gotta sit down and play tooie at one point, you guys seem to be having all the fun .. :)

OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
It's not a bad game at all. I can't wait to fix this input problem. :)

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Azimer said:
It's actually a rather good game. It's very much better than the first one banjo-kazooie IMO.
Wonder when and if Banjo-Threeie will come out? :sleepy:

cold1

zelda master!
by the way how did you fix this error in pj64

Azimer said:

Error

! Unknow ControllerCommand 8b, pc=8002E1F0, device=0

in 1964 0.7.0 when Running BANJO-TOOIE

??

and great work man:) :thumbsup: :pj64: and keep up the great work on tooie.and how are you emulateing tooie??i have heard alot about it, being real hard to emulate.and have read alot about it also.

Status
Not open for further replies.