What's new

any 1 want to help me make a nintendo cube emulatore?

Azimer

Emulator Developer
CodeWarrior made the development environment... You still need the SDK and the Hardware.

That CPU information is not GC information. You need more info then a CPU... otherwise you are left with a CPU emulator and nothing to run on it ;)

icepir8

Azimer said:
CodeWarrior made the development environment... You still need the SDK and the Hardware.

That CPU information is not GC information. You need more info then a CPU... otherwise you are left with a CPU emulator and nothing to run on it ;)

Well said Azimer! I already have the CPU info.

:tr64:

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Azimer said:

Yes, I just dont need to CPU Commands, I need the other hardware specs as well as the software specs, I need to examine more into this... I am Learing how to code, So If I start now, I may have it by 2005... ???

Harteex

Harteex das Brot
Azimer said:

Well, at least it's a good start, don't you think? :D ;)

Renegade

Wearer of Army Boots
allllll right, for whoever wants to do GC programming, should have the following credentials:
5+ years of C/C++ programming
and best would have to have 1 year at least of GC programming.

how do I know? because that's the minimum requirements to be a Senior Programmer for Retro studios, who is looknig for a replacement for a programmer for making METROID PRIME. :plain:

Teamz

J'aime tes seins
I agree with Harteex, even if we only have the CPU emulated, there's a beginning to everything :)

Cyberman

I suppose you can work on it, however don't put yourself into Nintendo's target hairs. Meaning? Don't do anything that can be publicized give you credit for making an emulator for the Nintendo Game Cube etc. Remember these people has spent millions of dollars making this system and expect to make money off selling software and hardware for the system in many years to come.

VGS and Bleam both comercial products got into controversy, do not think you are immune to legal and highly punitive actions by these companys.

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Teamz said:
I agree with Harteex, even if we only have the CPU emulated, there's a beginning to everything :)

Yeah, I am Going to get the SDK, This will take a while.... But As Soon as I get the SDK... We Can Pretty much get this thing under way...

Reznor007

Cyberman said:
I suppose you can work on it, however don't put yourself into Nintendo's target hairs. Meaning? Don't do anything that can be publicized give you credit for making an emulator for the Nintendo Game Cube etc. Remember these people has spent millions of dollars making this system and expect to make money off selling software and hardware for the system in many years to come.

VGS and Bleam both comercial products got into controversy, do not think you are immune to legal and highly punitive actions by these companys.

Million? Heh, they have a $1 Billion contract with IBM alone.

OP
L

lightknight

thanks for the infor CpU MasteR!!!

and i want it to be fast!! we can start it out like ultrahle and than make changes and than make it like pj641.4!! but with more gfx options and with plugins for the controler and sound!! and gfx maybe at first..

Epic64

Well what can I say?
Sorry Guys but it ain't gonna happen! Much more chance of someone making an N64 emu for the GC. Sounds like Azi is up for it ;) Does anyone know if it's possible for the GC to read normal CD-roms? If not then even that isn't gonna happen.

OP
L

lightknight

my idea! by useing optical disk emulation!! and by writeing a simulator for it. into

the main emulatore program!!

Applied's emulation technology delivers the critical visibility and communications channel into both the host and target environment so that game developers can control the quality of their code and data through emulation of their optical disk environment. Using this optical disk emulation technology, developers can compile code while they emulate -- thereby significantly shortening the time game title development typically takes today.

This next generation optical disc emulation technology emulates the physical characteristics of the optical disk drive by adjusting the transfer rate of data coming from the hard drive. Armed with this tool, developers can observe spin up/down, head seek and rotational time, disc cache operation, and the data transfer rate based on the physical location of data on the drive. Applied's optical disk emulation technology allows the developer to inject errors to simulate scratches or bad discs so typical variations caused by these real-life factors can be accurately managed at the development stage.

this should work!!! if u know what i mean.:) :) :) :) :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Cyberman

LK

I Read that article a while back it's for developers I know you are excited etc. However start working toward your goal instead of hyping it up. Excitement is cool but doing something is better.

Cyb

little_dogus1

whos yo daddy
Texture Read Bandwidth 10.4GB/second (Peak)

correct me if im wrong(i would love to be wrong on this one lol) but isnt the pc texture read bandwidth up to 5 gb/second (peak)
can you really emulate more???
but then agoin i suppose that by the time someone makes a gamecube emulator the pc will have matching bandwidth.

btw. good luck( if i ever get the required crudentials ill contact you)
allllll right, for whoever wants to do GC programming, should have the following credentials:
5 years noooooooo ive still got 2 to go

Mr. Frisbee III

About the GC discs...are they the same size as those little mini-cd things? You can get them in mini-CD-R format...If they are the same size, then they should fit into any DVD-ROM drive. Can a standard PC DVD-ROM drive actually READ GC discs? Like with the old Sega Saturn, you could see all the files on a disc. Or are they similar to Dreamcast discs: the actual game data on a GD-ROM was unreadable at all by a PC. This is assuming the GC uses the DVD-ROM format for games, and not some strange custom format like the DC...

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Re: GC discs

Crazed376 said:
The GC discs are a proprietary format.

right on.

without something to read this format(dont even think CDR, DVD should be similar), lightknight and his "emulatore" is going nowhere.