What's new

any 1 want to help me make a nintendo cube emulatore?

Jsr

Well, I think we have a little bit left to GC emulators, but
somewere do we have to begin :)

Cyberman

Well for GC emulation you have a number of things to deal with.
Mini DVD's (Image files will be the only way to do this to begin the process) This requires a DVD-driver
Then you have Sound
Video
Input devices.
CPU - (custom power PC chip)
It might be a bit indeed.

Cyb

Renegade

Wearer of Army Boots
you guys aren't discouraging him, are you?
btw, if you want to develop the GameCube emulator, make sure you have:

- thorough, thorough knowledge of the Gamecube hardware
- thorough, thorough knowledge of the Gamecube software
- read through some guides on how to program emulators
- got all the equipment you need
- got all the Talent you need
- a lot of time, as well as patience

Good luck. I hope you progress ;)

OH YES, AND IF YOU WANT TO MAKE A GC EMULATOR, MAKE IT VERY HUSH HUSH. YOU HERE ME?!!!! HUSH-HUSH!!!!!!

Azimer

Emulator Developer
I just wanna program ON it :(

Someone give me a devkit and directions on how to move my program onto the NGC :)

I swear console makers should allow 3rd party people to noncommerically work on their systems. ???

S

speedbutt

Go for it

lightknight dont pay attention on those people ,

you want to do a GC emulator go for it :cool:

sure i'll be hard :D

but it's better trying than to listen to those moron and go for an emulator less difficult that you dont care anyway.:hrm:

And BTW good luck u'll need it.

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Yeah, You guys have a good thing going here, You have alot of people wanting to help, I think you guys will emulate soon if you really work hard...

gokuss4

Meh...
well if you make a gc emu make it comaptible with mini-dvd drives and regular dvd drives also kina like bleem, and also make it support gc isos if someone ever makes a gc emu, and oh yeah here is all the video image processing you have to do lol

Fog, Subpixel Anti-aliasing, 8 Hardware Lights, Alpha Blending, Virtual Texture Design, Multi-texturing, Bump Mapping, Environment Mapping, MIP Mapping, Bilinear Filtering, Trilinear Filtering, Anisotropic Filtering, Real-time Hardware Texture Decompression (S3TC), Real-time Decompression of Display List, HW 3-line Deflickering filter

and thats it lol ;)

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Jsr said:
But actually, how much do you know about emulating?

Well, About the GameCube, The Prosessor Probably won't be that hard because it sorta an Macintosh Based Prosessor made by IBM... FInding the Opcodes Maybe Hard...

Cyberman

CpU MasteR wrote
Well, About the GameCube, The Prosessor Probably won't be that hard because it sorta an Macintosh Based Prosessor made by IBM... FInding the Opcodes Maybe Hard...
It's a power PC processor.. if someone got me the series I could find the opcode map for it. It has some custom instructions as well. That's where things get tricky with emulating the game cube.

To be honest I have even played the game cube yet!

Cyb

icepir8

I bet no one can come up with the necessary docs on the rest of the hardware. I would like to see some one prove me wrong, but I don't think its going to happen any time soon.

Cya,

Icepir8

Reznor007

The CPU is an IBM PowerPC 750cx (with custom opcodes). Also modified to allow dual 32bit ops instead of a single 64bit op at programmer's discretion.

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Cyberman said:

It has some custom instructions as well.

I Tried, I couldnt find it... It would have been easier about 1 year ago but know it is going to be tough to find the OpCodes...

Cyberman said:

It's a power PC processor..

Ya, and Power PC IS a Macintosh based CPU, Where do you think Apple Buys it CPUs from?

Last edited:

Reznor007

Little difference though:

Apple uses Motorolla PowerPC chips(G3, G4)
Nintendo uses IBM PowerPC chips(750cx)

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
icepir8 said:
I bet no one can come up with the necessary docs on the rest of the hardware. I would like to see some one prove me wrong, but I don't think its going to happen any time soon.

Cya,

Icepir8

How Would you like this? Fast or SLOW?? :devil: ;) THese are the Command Registers...