What's new

Announcement: Cycle-accurate N64 development underway.

F

Fanatic 64

I don't know whether this information is of any use to you at this time, but the rotating mask before the start screen in Majora's Mask (E) (M4) [!] is not showing. This is on Project64 v2.1 with the provided dll.
That has nothing to do with RSP.dll.

Either select "Disable Big Textures" in Options/Configure Graphics Plugin/Current Game Options or use a graphics plugin other than Rice Video.

OP
MarathonMan

MarathonMan

Emulator Developer
Is this FatCat's RSP with SSE or your own RSP ported to Zilmar Spec?

FatCat's vanilla plugin with rewritten vector functions to use SSE. I'm not sure what the future with it is, but I'm thinking of leaving it in his plugin format.

grivy

That has nothing to do with RSP.dll.

Either select "Disable Big Textures" in Options/Configure Graphics Plugin/Current Game Options or use a graphics plugin other than Rice Video.

Well with the default RSP it works, it only doesn't work with the new RSP. I switched the RSP as can be seen in the image. Using it in combination with other Graphic plugins like Glide64 v 2.0.0.1 and Jabo's 1.6 and 1.5.2 only crashes or constant black screen.
With the default Jabo's 1.7 graphic plugin all works except for the mask then.

i.imgur.com/JTe84Jt.png <- I can't post links yet

btw. just trying to help by providing info :)

V1del

Pretty sure its the LLE RDP version, so you will have to use z64gl or shunyuans softgraphic (jabo's graphic also uses lle in that mode, you won't see the mask in the default RSP either when unticking "use HLE Graphics") to get proper graphics.

@MarathonMan
Great work! Will try it out tonight, even though I'm more interested in the mupen64plus/linux side of things *wink*wink* (totally cool with it if you don't wanna release because of licensing issues though :p)

OP
MarathonMan

MarathonMan

Emulator Developer
I'm more interested in the mupen64plus/linux side of things *wink*wink* (totally cool with it if you don't wanna release because of licensing issues though :p)

From one Linux user to another, I apologize. Yes, it's strictly because of the licensing, unfortunately.

I try to avoid entangling myself in the parasitic virus that is the GPL as much as possible.

FatCat's plugin was licensed as PD, so I have no qualms with releasing those binaries.

Nintendo Maniac

DANG IT! I thought this topic was just being inactive, but I just found out that I'm not getting email notification again, and it's not just getting marked as spam like last time. >_< Oy vey...

So more relevant to the conversation, what's the story with that i7-4770k that you mentioned earlier?

Lajamerr

I've seen your most recent comments and it seems like you've been doing a lot of work but it says there hasn't been any commits in the past 2-3 months.

Was just wondering if you switched to another repos

OP
MarathonMan

MarathonMan

Emulator Developer
I've seen your most recent comments and it seems like you've been doing a lot of work but it says there hasn't been any commits in the past 2-3 months.

Was just wondering if you switched to another repos
I have not been doing as much work as I have in the past months.

But yes, all of my current work is on private repositories.

The RDP code that I am working right now cannot be released because of legality issues. I'll actually, unfortunately, have to destroy the commit logs before pushing it publically (and remove references to some things that shouldn't be there).

The repository with FatCat/Iconoclast's RSP plugin modifications for SSE is also private at the moment. I will open that up once it's stable and I'm content with it, though.

F

Fanatic 64

In other words the RDP emulator infringes Nintendo copyright? Well, I guess there's not really invaluable information in the commit history...

Last edited:

Guru64

In other words the RDB emulator infringes Nintendo copyright? Well, I guess there's not really invaluable information in the commit history...

Uhm, I think he's talking about software license issues rather than Nintendo copyrights.

OP
MarathonMan

MarathonMan

Emulator Developer
Finished porting some of my SSE-based RSP code in PJ64. Only requires SSE2. SSE4.1 is optional and yields at ~2VI/s improvement. The plugin will only get faster over time as I still have a lot left to vectorize/optimize, but the current results are fantastic.

SSE2-based variant of plugin, using SSSE3 only for vector operand shuffles:

As you can see, consistently ~27% faster.

Render used was ZGL2.0 on a Intel Ivy Bridge (i5-3317U).

Attachments

• conkersbfd-bar.jpg
    conkersbfd-bar.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 259
F

Fanatic 64

A fast and accurate plugin, awesome! Great job from both of you.

Nintendo Maniac

Wait, so the accurate plugin is FASTER than the inaccurate one?

BLASPHEMY I SAY! (or certain LLE-haters that I can think of would say. :p)

OP
MarathonMan

MarathonMan

Emulator Developer
Wait, so the accurate plugin is FASTER than the inaccurate one?

BLASPHEMY I SAY! (or certain LLE-haters that I can think of would say. :p)

Iconoclast and I are trying, but I'm not sure we're faster than the PJ64 recompiler yet. If not, we're **** close.

F

Fanatic 64

Well, it's already faster than the PJ64 interpreter, and definitely more accurate.

OP
MarathonMan

MarathonMan

Emulator Developer
Fixing RSP bugs like it's my job.

Merged angrylion's renderer successfully.

First image rendered by the RDP (filters disabled):

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2013-08-11 16:49:59.png
    Screenshot from 2013-08-11 16:49:59.png
    21.8 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
F

Fanatic 64

Debian... I once intended to download and try it, but was scared away when I saw the full setup weighted 3 full DVDs. That, and the fact I've never got a hold of the Linux terminal, I mean, why couldn't Torvals just stick to the DOS style of command line?

Anyway, good to see progress being made on this.