What's new

animal forest translation?

CebuLips9

Nice job on this entire thing! Just one thing i was wondering. In the rom, is there any way to get to the island? I know in the original gc and n64 games, if you hooked up a gba to the system, Kapp'n/Kappa would appear in a boat on the dock and take you to your island. I just don't know how to hook up a gba to an emulator.

zoinkity

Not in the N64 version. Originally there was going to be some kind of 64DD support, whcih could amount to anything from an expansion to online features. However, the island only appears in the GameCube versions of the game.

Now, it could be mimiced by commandering the 'debug town' and loading it via the train. Long-term goal, I suppose.

jcsnider

Checking In

It has been A long time since I have been in this thread...

I got my new android and can now emulate this AMAZING game and have been playing for a little while.
Sadly, the translation is very early (It ended about 1/2 way through Nook).

My question is, how far is this translation?

Does it include neighbor conversations?
All the Item name?
Etc?

Thanks!

zoinkity

Neighbor conversations, full-length item names, full-length character names, and most other messages.
However, just to warn you, there are a few known bugs and most revolve around message board or mail messages exceeding the current buffers. That seems to be problem with the house expansion issue above.

Anyway, almost all of the game is translated even down to debug messages. However, long mail messages and message board messages will get cut off.

zoinkity

It's most likely tied to a generated message, but I haven't been able to write a fix for it yet. Still working on it though.

xperia64

Temporary Solution:
When you've paid off your debt, save and quit.
Next copy your save files to Doubutsu No Mori (J) [!].fla and .mpk respectively.
Then, load the japanese version, talk to tom nook to upgrade your house, and either wait until the next day or just change the clock.
Load the japanese version again and be sure your house is upgraded. save and quit, copy the japanese save back to the english version name, and enjoy your upgraded house.

Btw ive noticed that for the debt after the first upgrade that it cuts off the 100k and just makes it the 49782 or whatever.
Also, when i do the upgrade in the english version, it wont load in the english version afterwards while it loads in the japanese version without the house upgraded.

zoinkity

Thank you thank you!

Also, when i do the upgrade in the english version, it wont load in the english version afterwards while it loads in the japanese version without the house upgraded.

The reason is that the bug endlessly looping in English occurs before it applies the change to your house size. It does that by physically expanding the walls of your house, as these are determined by a neat little code value, just like furniture and exits.

xperia64

Thank you thank you!

The reason is that the bug endlessly looping in English occurs before it applies the change to your house size. It does that by physically expanding the walls of your house, as these are determined by a neat little code value, just like furniture and exits.
so does this mean a fix might be coming soon? :)

zoinkity

Working on it.
It really doesn't have to do with the expansion of the house itself but other "events" triggered when you load the town, specificly triggered by expanding your house if that makes any sense. House expansion also isn't the only thing that will set it off, but it is one of the few things that always will. There's a lot of code to muddle through, here at work when nobody's looking.

xperia64

Working on it.
It really doesn't have to do with the expansion of the house itself but other "events" triggered when you load the town, specificly triggered by expanding your house if that makes any sense. House expansion also isn't the only thing that will set it off, but it is one of the few things that always will. There's a lot of code to muddle through, here at work when nobody's looking.

yeah found one of the other triggers before before, dont know what it was
Edit: it was tom nook's shop upgrading :p

Last edited: