What's new

animal forest translation?

zoinkity

The thing that really needs to be addressed right now are the first couple hundred lines of text in the main text bank, since these were eliminated in AC. Anyone who wants to work on that, have at it.

+_+

The item names are a major issue. The reason there hasn't been an update is because I'm trying to get it to accept infinitely long names.

There's two troubles with it. The least of them is the length table, which took a whopping 15 minutes to put in. There's ohter stupid stuff, like resizing text bubbles based on length and cahracter width, but besides being annoying and time consuming that's no big deal. The worst issue is that every time you see somebody name an item, the items' names will be placed into an evil little buffer that draws them out on request. Most of the actiony-doohicks recall specific names. So, that table must be moved or reduced or something to get things working right.

Mario494

Thanks

hey thanks for the info dude its fun seeing this improve i just want to say thanks and please keep up the great work im sure you will find a solution. also whats up with the inventory screen in the little circle were it shows your charactor its like blck only showing your charactor a little also the little hand that points around in the inventory screen is a black box is there anything u can do about this.
Thanks alot

Goemon_Guy

hey thanks for the info dude its fun seeing this improve i just want to say thanks and please keep up the great work im sure you will find a solution. also whats up with the inventory screen in the little circle were it shows your charactor its like blck only showing your charactor a little also the little hand that points around in the inventory screen is a black box is there anything u can do about this.
Thanks alot

I don't think that there is a fix to that. It is most likely emulator/plugin issues.

baf1

Great job, guys, on this project! I just now registered but I had been following this since page 40 or so...and I'm very, very impressed with your work! I've got a "bug" I think I should report, though.

When you reset the game three times, and Mr. Resetti is going off on you, he'll ask you to repeat what he says. No matter how correct you get it, he'll say it's wrong, and some of the characters are not even possible to input! One time he wanted me to say something like "I = sorry" and there is no equal sign on the dial... (So I'm only assuming this is a translation issue.)

Just a heads up...and keep up the good work! I'll help in any way I can, just PM me and let me know how.

baf1

cryosvengance

Hey.

Hey , i must admit i was looking for answers everywhere about animal forest but , you seem to have been my savior , Incredible work. I have a couple of questions , 1) Is the translation 100% now? and 2) where can i find this translation pacth... :s thanks for your time . Cryo x

zoinkity

whats up with the inventory screen in the little circle were it shows your charactor its like blck only showing your charactor a little also the little hand that points around in the inventory screen is a black box is there anything u can do about this.

It's a bug specific to emulators and can't really be fixed. No known plugin will emulate this properly. It doesn't happen on a real N64, which I'm lucky enough to be able to test.

The translation is not 100% complete. Far from it. Item names aren't done, and a large number of text entries that were removed in the GameCube re-release aren't present either.

+_+

The Resetti questions shouldn't be buggy like that. In fact, I have to answer them all the time. There's no text character that doesn't appear on the dial - at all. They're all accounted for. Plus, I can tell you absolutely that the '=' is not part of the font, since I dumped that crazy bugger a long time ago. So, there's something quite odd and wrong going on, and I can't really help you. No idea what could be up.

*_*

Normal saving is possible after you play for a few minutes or finish teh first task or something like that. Talk to the funky gyroid in front of your home.
Otherwise, you can use a savestate with PJ64. It should be in the File menu.

baf1

Hmmm...that's really strange that it's only happening to me. Maybe I'm just missing something?

And I'm not sure if its just mine or if it is an actual bug, but Tom Nook's menu is screwed up. For example:

nook.jpg

The top one, that says "I'd Like to Sell" actually gets him to tell me the price of the turnips. The next one, "See My Catalog" brings up the menu to sell, and "Other things" brings up my catalog...

And yes, it's running in Widescreen on my setup with Project 64. :robot:

Last edited:

Mario494

Yo baf its not just u thanks for bringing this up. this happens to me and i would gess its for everyone i think it would be an easy fix for whoever is working on it but i wouldnt know how.

ReplayTy

Super Mario RPG master
you know what? as soon as the translation is finished, I can start a retexture. Star Fox ain't working for me anyway

Aura_K

Doubutsu no Mori e+
I know I haven't really been doing my part for the project, thanks to Real Life :)yucky:), but over my Christmas break, I'll be hackin' at it!

you know what? as soon as the translation is finished, I can start a retexture. Star Fox ain't working for me anyway
I love you :inlove:

ReplayTy

Super Mario RPG master
OK...anyway, there's something to put in the scrapbook! I hear just retexturing the text can do this but I'm new, what do I care? The day a download comes (no fileplanet, yecch!), I can just start on the retexturing, might take a while, what with all the animals, clothes, and furniture items, ain't promising a year finish.

Ratleh

Just a quick question--does everyone else experience a few seconds of delay and a white screen before menus pop up? Is it fixable?

oniryu246

IPS plz?

Sorry, but could I request an IPS patch for the latest version? I have tried multiple times and this new method of patching is beyond me...>.> Is it possible to make an IPS at this point? If anyone could help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

dark magshin

nvm, i saw the last guys post got removed cuz he posted a preloaded rom. i did the patch on my old laptop and put it over to my mac and i still got the black screen... must be my emulator. it sucks that theres no good emulators for mac (i tried mupen64 0.5 and sixtyforce 0.9.2)

oniryu246

nvm, i saw the last guys post got removed cuz he posted a preloaded rom. i did the patch on my old laptop and put it over to my mac and i still got the black screen... must be my emulator. it sucks that theres no good emulators for mac (i tried mupen64 0.5 and sixtyforce 0.9.2)

Have you tried to emulate or dual boot XP or Vista?

dark magshin

i'll try it in wine...

Have you tried to emulate or dual boot XP or Vista?

yes, it wasnt too got for my comp. i dont plan on doing it again. i guess i could try PJ64 or 1964 in wine, but i doubt that will work. there should be a mac version of project64. (actually, sixtyforce is the mac version of 1964. so theres no reason for PJ64 not to have an emu on the mac.)

dark magshin

yeah, tried to boot pj64 and 1964 in wine, neither worked. so i guess i'm going to have to sit this out for the time being until the mac emulators begin to work better.