What's new

animal forest translation?

Nevexst

Mupen64Plus Groupie
Hey Zoinkity, I have some questions.
I beg the pardon my peers if I ask a few dumb ones.

1. When your text insertion in complete, will there be any text that remains untranslated?

2. Would it be possible to change some of the graphics, say for example, the sign on Nook's Cranny, etc?

3. Is Lysol still alive?

4. Are you using any custom tools for whatever purpose?

5. Could we possibly get a some kind of screenshot? Of anything? Hacked graphics, broken or working text banks, EVEN YOUR WORK ENVIRONMENT for this thing would be a welcome sight!

I hope I'm not asking too much. I'm just trying to figure out a way to restore morale around here, because it seems kinda low. And you seem like a nice guy when people ask questions, so I thought, why not ask. :)

Any way this goes down, we still appreciate the effort you have/are donating to this thing.

EDIT: One more question, when the translation has been localized and polished or whatnot, would it be possible to hack the radio to hold more than one song or make the closet things hold more than 4(iirc) items?

Last edited:

Zeth Alkar

Hiding in the shadows
EDIT: Good job guys, Though I don't recommend using IPS to patch/make patches for the Roms, PPF Studio is way better for making patches and PPF o Matic is great for patching, it actually checks for validation, which is something I use for my N64 mods. :D

Last edited:

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
EDIT: Good job guys, Though I don't recommend using IPS to patch/make patches for the Roms, PPF Studio is way better for making patches and PPF o Matic is great for patching, it actually checks for validation, which is something I use for my N64 mods. :D

PPF looks pretty good, and it even has a Linux port of some sort. Whether or not it's used here I'll definitally use PPF for something.

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
PPF looks pretty good, and it even has a Linux port of some sort. Whether or not it's used here I'll definitally use PPF for something.
There's a new format out, more powerful than ppf and open source IIRC aswell. Don't know it's name yet, have to search for it. Will do, after sleeping.
I recommend to add support for it aswell.

kennyk

Latest patch

Can someone please direct me to the latest Animal Forest patch? I've tried searching this 49 page thread, but to no avail. By the way, thanks to all those involved:bouncy:

FlotsamX

Is that the same patch that only goes up to halfway through Nook's Tasks? Hmm.

So, has any progress been made? Or do I simply have another reason to remain pessimistic about this project?

Aura_K

Doubutsu no Mori e+
Is that the same patch that only goes up to halfway through Nook's Tasks? Hmm.

So, has any progress been made? Or do I simply have another reason to remain pessimistic about this project?

Look, you know what? I've had it up to here with you.

If you want to see some progress on this project, DO SOMETHING rather than BITCH AND MOAN about how "omg noones duing anything!!!!". Rather than fucking complaining out the ass without knowing how anything WORKS in the project, help out or fucking LEAVE! Nobody on this forum owes you anything! Neither Zoinkity, Lysol Pionex, or I are being paid to translate this game. Keep that in mind.

You're exactly the type of whiny asshole that gets projects killed off. Please, for all of our sakes, take your whining somewhere else!

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Look, you know what? I've had it up to here with you.

If you want to see some progress on this project, DO SOMETHING rather than BITCH AND MOAN about how "omg noones duing anything!!!!". Rather than fucking complaining out the ass without knowing how anything WORKS in the project, help out or fucking LEAVE!
Hey, calm down, you really need to calm down!
No need to use all that f-words, you can say it to him also in propoer words or is that really that hard?

Aura_K

Doubutsu no Mori e+
Hey, calm down, you really need to calm down!
No need to use all that f-words, you can say it to him also in propoer words or is that really that hard?

Okay; perhaps I shouldn't have used so many f-bombs. And perhaps I shouldn't have posted while I was already really angry about other things. But...
Can you really tell me about one time in this thread where FlotsamX has contributed positively to this project, rather than complain and beg for more news? :|

FlotsamX

What am I to contribute? Every time I offer assistance, everyone says that "it's almost done", and that they "don't need anymore help". And I don't appreciate what you said. You NEEDLESSLY insulted me to the -enth degree. Tell me: when did I insult you? When did I tell you to hurry the fuck up? Do I not have a right to my skepticism? This project is in the same state it was at page 14, with only minor progress. A few people have quit. Am I to simply think that it's going to go along great, with lack of manpower, and an excess of work to be done? I've been a tester of quite a few projects like that, all of them ending up crumbling around me, leaving me the last one interested in the project. I may be overly pessimistic at times, but I have RIGHT and REASON to think that this project isn't doing too well. Now, you tell me what the FUCK I need to do, and I'll do it. You tell me that this project isn't doing so good, I'll do something about it. But so far, it's been cotton candy and rainbows with you. If you need help with the programming itself, and not just the translation, ask. I'll do what I can. We'll help.

Now, could you give me an apology? That was completely out of line.

Last edited:

zoinkity

You're right. You're absolutely right. -and most of this is my own bloody fault.

(please don't kill me ;*)

For the record, they made this overly complex and I'm rewritting the whole blasted access system, but it *would* have been done if I didn't constantly sidetrack it with GE stuff. So, how about this: I actually sit down and work on the bloody thing and get you guys at least a crappy patch out. Anyone who wants to take a crack at the ASM please for the love of cheese let me know.

What would be something that you guys can do that would be awesome and needs doing and only requires something along the lines of GS codes has to do with testing non-text print commands. Some changed between AF and AC.
For instance:
7F76 is an invalid one in AF. Should be AM/PM switch

Basically, thumb through the text from gamecube, look for command switches, then test the switches under the N64 game and see if they still work. Some just simply don't.

Shadow_Pwn

Hm, zoinkity, I would do that, but I have no coding knowledge at all. .__.

Plus I dunno where to get my hands on that coding info...

I am trying to work on C++ though. xD Doesn't help much...

Keep up the work though! :D

FlotsamX

You're right. You're absolutely right. -and most of this is my own bloody fault.

(please don't kill me ;*)

For the record, they made this overly complex and I'm rewritting the whole blasted access system, but it *would* have been done if I didn't constantly sidetrack it with GE stuff. So, how about this: I actually sit down and work on the bloody thing and get you guys at least a crappy patch out. Anyone who wants to take a crack at the ASM please for the love of cheese let me know.

What would be something that you guys can do that would be awesome and needs doing and only requires something along the lines of GS codes has to do with testing non-text print commands. Some changed between AF and AC.
For instance:
7F76 is an invalid one in AF. Should be AM/PM switch

Basically, thumb through the text from gamecube, look for command switches, then test the switches under the N64 game and see if they still work. Some just simply don't.

Where would I get the info that contains the switches? In a text dump? ISO?

Shadow_Pwn

swooteh

FlotsamX, if you know how to do that stuff I'd be more than happy to help you... if you'd want to explain it to me. xD If not that's fine.

I don't know what else I could do... since I believe you guys have everything except the coding finished...?

Aura_K

Doubutsu no Mori e+
Zoinkity is working on what is the most important part: inserting the GCN version's text into the N64 version.

Once that's done, people will be able to help "localize" the text to the N64 by removing references to the GCN>GBA cable and the e-Reader, changing accessory names (Memory card>Memory Pak, etc.) and porting GCN version textures that were in english (Nook shop, Redd tent roof "Black Market", etc.) to DnM.

FlotsamX

And all of these changes are going to be integrated with the final version, yes? I didn't know you could release IPS patches that can alter textures.

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
And all of these changes are going to be integrated with the final version, yes? I didn't know you could release IPS patches that can alter textures.

IPS patches are simply patches to the ROMs data. The ROMs data does contain the texture data used in the game, so it is in fact possible to mod the textures if you know the storage format or have the means to find out (knowledge of R43000 assembly and the graphics hardware helps for this)