What's new

AGP 2X Card compatibility

Flash

Technomage
I've played UT @ 1600x1200 on Voodoo3 -
35-60 fps /w 4 human players and six bots w/ ASMDs.

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
Bottom line: As DuDe pointed out, it's all about glide and games that are made around the time 3DFX was popular, will generally run better, if not just as well on a Voodoo card. Such as Final Fantasy VII/VIII, Grand Theft Auto (only in dos unfortunatly for glide), Turok, Half-Life, Jedi Knight, Battlezone and some emulation just to name a few of the many gems that voodoo is still good for. Games made, say, mid 2001 and after mainly run better on a Radeon, Geforce2 or better card. If you still play games that came out, say, between 96-early 01 (or some current emulation), you should be quite pleased. But if you play stuff newer than that, it's advised that you get a Voodoo2 card, or if you don't mind flipping a few cables around, a Voodoo5 5500 PCI Card to go along with your speedy 8X AGP Card. If you have a slower CPU, that's also a good reason to get a voodoo 2, 3, 4 or 5 card. Just my experience, not speaking for everyone. :)

Last edited:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Modem said:
Bottom line: As DuDe pointed out, it's all about glide and games that are made around the time 3DFX was popular, will generally run better, if not just as well on a Voodoo card. Such as Final Fantasy VII/VIII, Grand Theft Auto (only in dos unfortunatly for glide), Turok, Half-Life, Jedi Knight, Battlezone and some emulation just to name a few of the many gems that voodoo is still good for. Games made, say, mid 2001 and after mainly run better on a Radeon, Geforce2 or better card. If you still play games that came out, say, between 96-early 01 (or some current emulation), you should be quite pleased. But if you play stuff newer than that, it's advised that you get a Voodoo2 card, or if you don't mind flipping a few cables around, a Voodoo5 5500 PCI Card to go along with your speedy 8X AGP Card. If you have a slower CPU, that's also a good reason to get a voodoo 2, 3, 4 or 5 card. Just my experience, not speaking for everyone. :)

Do you realize how old this thread is?

Modem

ph33r teh hammy!
cooliscool said:
Do you realize how old this thread is?

Oh my god, I didn't look at that, please ignore me, I'm an idiot, haha. I have it set to so many days back and forgot to set it back to 20 days, sorry about this, haha.