What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

About re-texturing, is this a bug?

xZabuzax

I only tested this bug with "Zelda Ocarina of time Community Retexture Project V4 and an older version of it". (But i suppose this bug will happen in any re-texture).

If your display quality is set to 16-bit this bug occurs... (Using 1964 and Project64 1.6)

Using both emulators with "Rice video plugin 6.1.1 beta 10" , "1964 video N64 video plugin community version" and "Napalm WX Release 1" the emulator do the following:

Rice video plugin 6.1.1 beta 10 = The texture pack load and then it crash the emulator.

1964 video N64 video plugin community version = The texture pack load and then it crash the emulator with a The instruction at "0x7c91142e" referenced memory at " 0x0...blah blah...". The memory could not be "read" or it can crash the emu and then cause a blue screen of death... (to enter windows again i needed to restart 5 times because it was giving me errors, so that freaked me out a bit).

Napalm WX Release 1 = With this plugin it worked but fullscreen was not working, so you could only use it in windowed mode.

So the only way to get the texture pack working (besides Napalm WX Release 1) was using 1964 video N64 video plugin community version and changing the render engine from DirectX to OpenGL which caused some flickering inside the game, example i am walking and the ground would flicker to a different color.

So, to fix all those issues i had to put my display quality to 32-bit.

Can anyone confirm if this is a bug?

My Spec:

WinXP Professional with SP2.
DirectX9
Nvidia Driver = 195.62
PSU: Super Flower 700W
MB: MSI G31TM-P21

Last edited:

death--droid

Why were you even using 16 bit mode, Rice Video(1964Video) was never designed to be run in 16 bit mode.

OP
X

xZabuzax

Ohh my bad then, i didn't knew it wasn't designed for 16-bit. I mean, Rice video plugin worked, but the bug only occurred using the texture packs.

I just wanted to make sure if this was a bug or just my pc acting retarded, but this thread could help other's with the same problem i suppose. It would be good to put a notice saying "In order to use these re-texturing packs you will need to put your display in 32-bit" or something. :p