What's new

A little question

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
sammyboy

sammyboy

Certified SuperHero
No sorry I made an error I meant about 700/800 lines of code and to me thats alot. Blimey I am only a kid. Just know quite alot about programming/ICT and nothing else thats all :)

Knuckles

Still, there would be more interest if you could start your own emulator, without taking source of another one (unless this one is discontinued and had a good potential).

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
Normally an emu author keeps his project silent untill he has a small demo running, i mean why the hell should you need a beta tester?
And i really think you're talking p00, cuz first you say "i'm coding like 100 lines per day" and now 700 -_- yea right....

So to the point:
As long as i don't see something working gc emu(and i don't mean dolwin's with a new GUI skin -_- (like supergamer)) I don't believe you.

OP
sammyboy

sammyboy

Certified SuperHero
Right then if thats how people think I will stop my gamecube emu get a team and work on an easier console then shall I. Anyone or what console might be good.

Falcon4ever

Plugin coder / Betatester
QUOTE 1 !
sammyboy said:
Is it possible to create an emulator of anysorts in visual basic. I mean I have started up my own gamecube emulation project in c++ I already have 3 members in the team and about just over 100 lines of code written but thats not enough.
Anyways I still need three more emu developers at the moment:

Patch Freak
Plugin Developer
BETA Tester (I only want one)

Thats it but can you answer my question on VB

QUOTE 2 !
sammyboy said:
No sorry I made an error I meant about 700/800 lines of code and to me thats alot. Blimey I am only a kid. Just know quite alot about programming/ICT and nothing else thats all :)

Ok someone please tell me why this 2 quotes are just ridiculous :doh:

OP
sammyboy

sammyboy

Certified SuperHero
Falcon4ever said:
QUOTE 1 !

QUOTE 2 !

Ok someone please tell me why this 2 quotes are just ridiculous :doh:
Right the thing is on the post when I said 100/200 lines of code I made an mistake it was suposed to be 1000/2000 lines of code. I have just realised this problem but instead of bluffing again I put the real amount of coding. Besides everyone thinks I should do something different with my own code. Like I said before anyone or what console.

Elly

good grief? I am part of a spu2 plugin team and our code is more than 1000 lines long, now you wanna write a GC emulator with less than 1000 lines of code and using VB? get real. Even PSX emus have more than 20,000 lines of code, this is not an easy task by all means.

Also you need to be familiar with Win32 programming, emulators arent stricktly written in C/C++ alone. The best you can do with VB is create a chip8 emulator. And if you cant do that then forget the idea of emulating a GC, or even a GameBoy :p

http://www.goldroad.co.uk/ <--start with this first

Yours,
-Elly

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Would it be possible for a moderator to lock this? I don't see anything more productive coming from this thread other than rehash. Good post Elly. Case closed. Move on.

OP
sammyboy

sammyboy

Certified SuperHero
Er I learnt the majority of it from a book called "C++ Programming in easy steps" and it cost 11 quid.

Knuckles

Agree, this topic should be locked.. it's
1st: going too much off-topic
2nd: the original topic is now solved - no more need to talk about that.

OP
sammyboy

sammyboy

Certified SuperHero
Right I now agree that this topic should be locked but the author is Mike McGrath.

Status
Not open for further replies.