What's new

A little question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knuckles

Look @ SculleatR with ninphin:

SculleatR said:
[13:46] <SculleatR> did about 1000 lines today, and will code more and more tonight :)
and there is not a lot of things added (here, I can't say anything)

so at this progress, GC emulation will be dead before you can release something...

Vegetable

Banned
If you think that the gamecube is weak compared to the others, you haven't checked into the gamecube's hardware, AT ALL. I mean, geez, how the hell do you expect to release an emulator when you require someone that needs to be very good at writing reviews?
sammyboy said:
Anyways I want to do a gc emu because that has lower specs than any over next genration console and has lower compitition (cxbx for xbox and pcsx2 for ps2 is the best compition in the ps2 emulation zone whereas dolphin the best gc emu
Low competition? Come on, Dolphin runs more games than any of the other emulators, and they've been working for 9 months, at the rate you're going, it'll be about 7 years before you get where they are now.

Last edited:

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Sammy, some friendly advice. Begin your emulator... get simple demos (pong, yeti, etc.) working... THEN seek assistance once YOU proved yourself worthy. To ask for experienced people when you come off as a total gimp is just ludicrous.

OP
sammyboy

sammyboy

Certified SuperHero
Right er how can I proof this I know...

I will release the first version ounce Ive got past some errors expect that in about a week. I hope. I have been working on it since 4 weeks ago and it has been one of my top prioritys. Seeing as I aint got nothing else to do.

OP
sammyboy

sammyboy

Certified SuperHero
Right these are the errors:

26 C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\My Documents\Software Development\Emulators\Cubed Station\Coding\SRC\Emulator\Emulator.cpp:5

Cubedstation.h: No such file or directory.

8 C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\My Documents\Software Development\Emulators\Cubed Station\Coding\SRC\Emulator\Emulator.cpp

parse error before `static'

15 C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\My Documents\Software Development\Emulators\Cubed Station\Coding\SRC\Emulator\Emulator.cpp

ISO C++ forbids declaration of `MEMInit' with

16 C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\My Documents\Software Development\Emulators\Cubed Station\Coding\SRC\Emulator\Emulator.cpp

ISO C++ forbids declaration of `EIInit' with

17 C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\My Documents\Software Development\Emulators\Cubed Station\Coding\SRC\Emulator\Emulator.cpp

ISO C++ forbids declaration of `PPCInit' with

18 C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\My Documents\Software Development\Emulators\Cubed Station\Coding\SRC\Emulator\Emulator.cpp

ISO C++ forbids declaration of `PSInit' with

20 C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\My Documents\Software Development\Emulators\Cubed Station\Coding\SRC\Emulator\Emulator.cpp

ISO C++ forbids declaration of `inited' with

20 C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\My Documents\Software Development\Emulators\Cubed Station\Coding\SRC\Emulator\Emulator.cpp

`TRUE' was not declared in this scope

21 C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\My Documents\Software Development\Emulators\Cubed Station\Coding\SRC\Emulator\Emulator.cpp

parse error before `}' token

C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\My Documents\Software Development\Emulators\Cubed Station\Coding\SRC\Emulator\Emulator.cpp

[Warning] In function `void EMUDie()':

25 C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\My Documents\Software Development\Emulators\Cubed Station\Coding\SRC\Emulator\Emulator.cpp

`running' undeclared (first use this function)

25 C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\My Documents\Software Development\Emulators\Cubed Station\Coding\SRC\Emulator\Emulator.cpp

(Each undeclared identifier is reported only

`TRUE' undeclared (first use this function)

`ASSERT' undeclared (first use this function)

26 C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\My Documents\Software Development\Emulators\Cubed Station\Coding\SRC\Emulator\Emulator.cpp

`FALSE' undeclared (first use this function)

26 C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\My Documents\Software Development\Emulators\Cubed Station\Coding\SRC\Emulator\Emulator.cpp

parse error before `return'

28 C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\My Documents\Software Development\Emulators\Cubed Station\Coding\SRC\Emulator\Emulator.cpp

`EIFree' undeclared (first use this function)

29 C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\My Documents\Software Development\Emulators\Cubed Station\Coding\SRC\Emulator\Emulator.cpp

`PPCFini' undeclared (first use this function)

30 C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\My Documents\Software Development\Emulators\Cubed Station\Coding\SRC\Emulator\Emulator.cpp

`PSShutdown' undeclared (first use this

C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\My Documents\Software Development\Emulators\Cubed Station\Coding\SRC\Emulator\Emulator.cpp

[Warning] In function `void EMUOpen()':

39 C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\My Documents\Software Development\Emulators\Cubed Station\Coding\SRC\Emulator\Emulator.cpp

`MainWindowOpened' undeclared (first use this

44 C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\My Documents\Software Development\Emulators\Cubed Station\Coding\SRC\Emulator\Emulator.cpp

`HWOpen' undeclared (first use this function)

45 C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\My Documents\Software Development\Emulators\Cubed Station\Coding\SRC\Emulator\Emulator.cpp

`HLEOpen' undeclared (first use this function)

46 C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\My Documents\Software Development\Emulators\Cubed Station\Coding\SRC\Emulator\Emulator.cpp

`MEMOpen' undeclared (first use this function)

47 C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\My Documents\Software Development\Emulators\Cubed Station\Coding\SRC\Emulator\Emulator.cpp

`ReloadFile' undeclared (first use this

48 C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\My Documents\Software Development\Emulators\Cubed Station\Coding\SRC\Emulator\Emulator.cpp

`PSOpen' undeclared (first use this function)

52 C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\My Documents\Software Development\Emulators\Cubed Station\Coding\SRC\Emulator\Emulator.cpp

`R_PC' undeclared (first use this function)

52 C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\My Documents\Software Development\Emulators\Cubed Station\Coding\SRC\Emulator\Emulator.cpp

`PPCStart' undeclared (first use this

[Warning] In function `void EMUClose()':

59 C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\My Documents\Software Development\Emulators\Cubed Station\Coding\SRC\Emulator\Emulator.cpp

`MainWindowClosed' undeclared (first use this

64 C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\My Documents\Software Development\Emulators\Cubed Station\Coding\SRC\Emulator\Emulator.cpp

`PPCStop' undeclared (first use this function)

65 C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\My Documents\Software Development\Emulators\Cubed Station\Coding\SRC\Emulator\Emulator.cpp

`HWClose' undeclared (first use this function)

66 C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\My Documents\Software Development\Emulators\Cubed Station\Coding\SRC\Emulator\Emulator.cpp

`HLEClose' undeclared (first use this

67 C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\My Documents\Software Development\Emulators\Cubed Station\Coding\SRC\Emulator\Emulator.cpp

`MEMClose' undeclared (first use this

68 C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\My Documents\Software Development\Emulators\Cubed Station\Coding\SRC\Emulator\Emulator.cpp

`PSClose' undeclared (first use this function)

C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\My Documents\Software Development\Emulators\Cubed Station\Coding\Dev\Makefile.win

[Build Error] [../SRC/Emulator/Emulator.o] Error 1

I don’t expect you to help with all of those but it mainly the top few that are bugging me. Thanks

Niggy G

HTAFC will rise again!!!
From 64 to 68 looks like you are trying to call a function that has not been declared.

As well as writting the function you also have to declare that you are going to write the function.

euphoria

Emutalk Member
Prolly it all breaks down on this line:
Cubedstation.h: No such file or directory.
If you have anything useful in it, you can't fail including it.

And sammyboy, don't let anyone bring you down. I believe you. In fact everyone here believes you, they're just jealous because you can code 200 lines of code per day and they can't ;)

SculleatR

Ninphin Author
I don't wanna be an asshole, in fact, I would like to see another
Gamecube emulator.. but: your File paths (SRC/Emulator) etc.
are exactly the same as in Dolwin 0.09 source code, also, EMUDie()
MEMClose() etc. are exactly as in Dolwin too. Can you explain this
please ? :)

OP
sammyboy

sammyboy

Certified SuperHero
Well you see seeing as it my first version of my first emulator I needed some help. But no one would give it to me so what I did is I went searching for an emulator that would show its source. And it did. So I copied the development folders and everything and copied and adapted some of the coding and developed the rest by myself. But you can be assured that I havn't been totally copying the code as people may now think. So dont worry about that and plus I am glad to see that you to are showing interest in my emulator.
As I can see from your thingy name that says you are the author of Ninphin I was wondering if you want to become a programmer for my project as well. Post here your answer. PM me what you exactly want to do I dont know why but I feel that I would rather keep that part of the project quiet for a little while.

OP
sammyboy

sammyboy

Certified SuperHero
Trotterwatch said:
Would have bet a large sum of money on him using Dolwin source too... this is gonna be another Supergamercube! :)
Whats that mean? Not trying to sound rude or anything. Sorry for the double post.

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

Someone who took Dolwins sourcecode, fucked up the about box so that it crashed the emulator on load, edited a bit of text and tried to pass it off as his own. His ass was promptly banned out of this forum and out of the IRC channel forever...

OP
sammyboy

sammyboy

Certified SuperHero
Trotterwatch said:
Someone who took Dolwins sourcecode, fucked up the about box so that it crashed the emulator on load, edited a bit of text and tried to pass it off as his own. His ass was promptly banned out of this forum and out of the IRC channel forever...
Nooooo! Please dont. What do you mean

Knuckles

You are taking the Dolwin source, trying to modify it, writting a little 100 lines per day and you would want a guy that started his OWN emulator from scratch and writting over 1000/1500 lines of codes to join you??

do you REALLLLLY think about that seriously?? :getlost:

SculleatR

Ninphin Author
No I wouldn't be interested to join another emu.
Tell me please what you are going to code yourself
and what are you going to use from Dolwin.

How far did you study the Gamecube ?

I somehow doubt this, as I did myself, almost all emucoders
make their emu public when they become potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.