What's new

Super Mario Sunshine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatTrap

GODLIKE
hmmm.. well.. i'm still middlecore :p.. if that exists.. i played it for a while and i have i think about 40-ish.. but i DID find it daaaamn hard.. some places where SO freakishly hard.. i haven't gotten all the shines in all the fields though.. so maybe i've gotten further.. dunno.. anyways.. it DOES get reaaaaally hard.. at least for me.. but maybe i'm getting soft at my old age Ya know :D..

/me sits on his rocking-chair with his big warm nice blanket.. "i remember when i was young......."

blizz

/me sits next to RatTrap jibbering on about pong

"When I was young computer games would burn the phosphor in your TV if you were hardcore."

Raging Fuel

The jumbles man, the jumbles
Although I have found it to be pretty easy overall, I still found the non-backpack bits to be very challenging and great fun. I hope there are lots more of them :)

Macca

/me rants "stupid three video stores and their rented out mario games"

For such a crappy game this mario sunshine is sure being bought and rented at a high rate, fuel went to three sepereate vid stores to rent a copy but all copys were out :(

Oh and as he said, we didn't use a playguide (only once to find the new level), we just played non stop for quite a few hours :)

OP
Stalkid64

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
Even assuming 10 hours... 45 / 10 = 4.5 Shines per hour... that's one (and sometimes more than one) virtually every 15 minutes for 10 full hours. Which is with no `messing around` / doing things aimlessly / simply having fun throwing Mario around the areas taken into account. That is kind of creepy considering the sheer time "The Manta Storm" alone can take... must've been blue-coin`ing it rather a lot surely? I really am slightly surprised that's physically possible in the game.
Then again, rounding that out to 40 Shines, thats only around one third of them gotten, making 30 or so hours which is a good length for any game really.

Edit: Just reread this and really liked the sound of "Shines-per-hour". Call it a speed of play rating method... come on, say it... "Shines-per-hour!" Doesn't it sound nice? ;)

Last edited:

Jaz

Ex-Mod
blizz said:
* blizz sits next to RatTrap jibbering on about pong

"When I was young computer games would burn the phosphor in your TV if you were hardcore."

*rotflmfao* :happy:

OP
Stalkid64

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
Bah, in my day people were such hardcore gamers their KIDS were born with RSI. And not just yer fancy `modern` RSI either! We're talkin` cripplin pain here sonny! Daley Thompsons Decathlon... now that were a real mans game! You youngsters have it so good with yer "Nintender GameBoxes" and yer "Gameboy Advanceds". XBoxes, now thats a real mens console that is son. Break yer arms just tryin to lift the bugger you would!

Macca

Stalkid64 said:
Even assuming 10 hours... 45 / 10 = 4.5 Shines per hour... that's one (and sometimes more than one) virtually every 15 minutes for 10 full hours. Which is with no `messing around` / doing things aimlessly / simply having fun throwing Mario around the areas taken into account. That is kind of creepy considering the sheer time "The Manta Storm" alone can take... must've been blue-coin`ing it rather a lot surely? I really am slightly surprised that's physically possible in the game.

What we did was get every shine on all the levels (but only one 100 coin shine) up to Sirena Beach (cause we couldn't find the entrance :p. And we got maybe three blue coin shines. So there are four levels, say 9 shines in each plus the three blues. and then the rest came from some of the shines in the Plaza.

In terms of Stalkid's shines per hour, we must have gone pretty good but we did rack up a few hours of gameplay (which was mixed with the watching of various buffy episodes) :)

Macca

Penny Arcade sums up this crap about people rating games before a release, perfect for this thread

20021011l.gif

B*A*G*G

Emutalk Member... sorta
my opinion on the subject

Mario Sunshine is awsome and fun as hell to play.
it really takes a grown adult to enjoy its quality.
as most young little teenies seem to get thrown off by the childish look of the game (its not their fault, its just that their to cool to play this game).
they will mature soon enough tho.

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Macca said:
Penny Arcade sums up this crap about people rating games before a release, perfect for this thread

Yes, good!

Because if I hear that `Zelda Cube` is clearly the greatest game of all time, from any of you Nintendo junkies, I may have to kill myself. :p

OP
Stalkid64

Stalkid64

Citizen(sixty)four
Re: my opinion on the subject

B*A*G*G said:
Mario Sunshine is awsome and fun as hell to play.
it really takes a grown adult to enjoy its quality.
as most young little teenies seem to get thrown off by the childish look of the game (its not their fault, its just that their to cool to play this game).
they will mature soon enough tho.
Now thats the level of quality of post we need more of.

RatTrap

GODLIKE
well even though that is true.. i know a few older ppl who think the same way.. friends of mine that still like to play alot of games.. we're talking 30-40 year olds..

but wait.. oooh.. nm.. i forgot.. their amongst the most childish and bane ppl i know.. their fun at parties though :D..

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Now really, if the games were developed for all ages, then why did shigeru miyamoto add a watergun? and make zelda cel-shaded? I've always wondered...

Status
Not open for further replies.