What's new

62.01 driver for my nvidia 64mb GeForce4 mx 44 GFX card

morpheusx

I just installed these new drivers,i have no idea what the optimum settings are for my card so i can queeze every bit of power from it so i can play games like soul calibur with the maximum fps that i can get on my pc with chankast,frame rate,screen resolution,color quality,frequency,are just a few things i could use some suggestions for settings that would most likely work for a system with my specs.

Weyland

Weyland Yutani Corporation
Set all performance settings to "High Performance" in the Advanced display settings, also download and unzip this atachment and doubleclick it to add some information to your registry that will unlock two hidden panels in your advanced settings (same place), one of them is called clock frequencies, select Manual Overclocking, and in the settings bar select "Performance (3D)" then hit the "Detect Optimal Frequencies" button ... In short this will overclock your card to a small degree, after it's found the optimal settings check the "Apply these settings at startup" box ...

It's nothing fancy, just a built in way to speed things up slightly ... Setting these sliders yourself could result in buggy performance, so let it decide for itself ...

OP
morpheusx

morpheusx

Weyland said:
Set all performance settings to "High Performance" in the Advanced display settings, also download and unzip this atachment and doubleclick it to add some information to your registry that will unlock two hidden panels in your advanced settings (same place), one of them is called clock frequencies, select Manual Overclocking, and in the settings bar select "Performance (3D)" then hit the "Detect Optimal Frequencies" button ... In short this will overclock your card to a small degree, after it's found the optimal settings check the "Apply these settings at startup" box ...

It's nothing fancy, just a built in way to speed things up slightly ... Setting these sliders yourself could result in buggy performance, so let it decide for itself ...

Woo hoo! you sly dog you weyland,you go on with yo bad self!

who knew that you had such skill to pay the bills?

you know what,you da man,gemme dapz, and a ^5 now low,too slow!! :afro:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
I doubt you're videocard limited.. hell, anyone who uses Chankast prolly is limited to their CPU/RAM than videocard, so overclocking it prolly won't do shit.

OP
morpheusx

morpheusx

cooliscool said:
I doubt you're videocard limited.. hell, anyone who uses Chankast prolly is limited to their CPU/RAM than videocard, so overclocking it prolly won't do shit.

cooliscool,how about being more positive?

That attitude is'nt going to help me or anyone else in the chankast scene,so for furture reference,plz keep your negative comments to yourself when somone tries to help another person,it takes away from the whole idea that people are willing to help somone they don't even know. :p

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
morpheusx said:
cooliscool,how about being more positive?

That attitude is'nt going to help me or anyone else in the chankast scene,so for furture reference,plz keep your negative comments to yourself when somone tries to help another person,it takes away from the whole idea that people are willing to help somone they don't even know. :p

cooliscool has explained how it work, if you want to trust the weyland faery tales you are free, but don't blame cooliscool...

OP
morpheusx

morpheusx

Nightmare said:
cooliscool has explained how it work, if you want to trust the weyland faery tales you are free, but don't blame cooliscool...

first off,i think cooliscool can't speak for himself,second,i did's say weither i belived it or not,it was the fact that he gave me advise to try and help me where other would'nt or could'nt,i see many people reading these posts by looking at the read thread count,only a small percent actuall respond and try and help people instead of being lazy or selfish and just don't care weither somone else can't play chankast,just as long as they can play it.

When i see people responding to not just my posts but others,that makes me feel good about that person and everyone else that contributes,but when i see somone like cooliscool make a negative comment when somone is trying to be helpful,no matter if the suggestion works or not,makes me a little upset,so i just responded with a littl advice,nothing more,nothing less.

I think most would agree with me on this matter,the odds would be in my favor over cooliscool's hands down :p

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Thanks Nightmare..

All I said was that Chankast is not going to get any faster by overclocking your videocard, that's the least of your needs. It's currently CPU/RAM limited.. it's not rocket science.

Don't get your pannies in a bunch if you aren't getting full speed in DOA2 beause you OCed your videocard. :yawn:

Last edited:
OP
morpheusx

morpheusx

cooliscool said:
Thanks Nightmare..

All I said was that Chankast is not going to get any faster by overclocking your videocard, that's the least of your needs. It's currently CPU/RAM limited.. it's not rocket science.

That's fine cooliscool,it's just the way you came off,with a attitude,even cussing in such,that's why i thought you were just trying to put weyland's suggestion and him down,so i though i'd say somthing to you,not trying to disrespect you in any way. :happy:

Strange

Don't get your pannies in a bunch if you aren't getting full speed in DOA2 beause you OCed your videocard.
Maybe he is playing at 1280x960 with 8FSAA and ANISO - in that case he may get 1fps more by o/c his video :)

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Geforce4 MX doesn't suppoer either 8xFSAA or 8xANISO. :p Although if he ran at 4xFSAA 2xANISO 1280x1024 with that card he would see maybe .5fps improvement. :p

Weyland

Weyland Yutani Corporation
hey what's that about weyland fairytales ? ;) I was just trying to help not only morpheusx but anyone else reading the thread ...

cooliscool is completely right in saying that with an GFMMX440 there's not much you can do except for only using 640x480 16bit and all settings high performance, and still not have a decent framerate ... I was never promising miracles with an older and budget card like that, believe me

just thought I'd point out some obvious tweaks for anyone that was interested

:party:

OP
morpheusx

morpheusx

Weyland said:
hey what's that about weyland fairytales ? ;) I was just trying to help not only morpheusx but anyone else reading the thread ...

cooliscool is completely right in saying that with an GFMMX440 there's not much you can do except for only using 640x480 16bit and all settings high performance, and still not have a decent framerate ... I was never promising miracles with an older and budget card like that, believe me

just thought I'd point out some obvious tweaks for anyone that was interested

:party:

just ignore those negative post weyland,there's nothing we can do about these renegade members that start trouble by insulting people's efforts to help others. :happy:

Nightmare

(when dream come true)
Weyland said:

i'm sorry if i have offended you, it was just for increase the sense of my answer to morph...

mezkal

Man on a mission
The so called renegade members to which you refer have been here quite some time. They have been helpful and contributive members of this community. Cooliscool may certainly have come off as frustrated and abrupt and that may well have made a couple of you new guys a little defensive. But it was not without reason. We have answered these questions pertaining to Chankast's performance and optimisation many times over. Yet, it seems, none of the newer people believe in using the thread search functions as supplied kindly by the forumn mods here. Nor, it seems, do many of you look at or take much notice of the Sticky Threads at the top of this forum.

These threads are to be used as an information resource for those wish to make the most of thier Chankast experience, not as platform for those who wish to make drama.

Please respect that and we can all get along.

Cheers,

mezkal

OP
morpheusx

morpheusx

I think i'll be the mature person and ignore nightmare and put his childish bickering to an end.

Last edited:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
mezkal said:
The so called renegade members to which you refer have been here quite some time. They have been helpful and contributive members of this community. Cooliscool may certainly have come off as frustrated and abrupt and that may well have made a couple of you new guys a little defensive. But it was not without reason. We have answered these questions pertaining to Chankast's performance and optimisation many times over. Yet, it seems, none of the newer people believe in using the thread search functions as supplied kindly by the forumn mods here. Nor, it seems, do many of you look at or take much notice of the Sticky Threads at the top of this forum.

These threads are to be used as an information resource for those wish to make the most of thier Chankast experience, not as platform for those who wish to make drama.

Please respect that and we can all get along.

Cheers,

mezkal

Reputation points for you man, I feel exactly the same way.. thanks for expressing it. :)

edit: Ick.. this thread is getting a bit outta hand.. morpheusx.

Last edited: