What's new

UltraHLE 2002 Reborn?

aprentice

July 9, 2002 the UltraHLE has been found on a site created by an unknown character named freeflow. Sounds too good to be true but its not. Ive went through 57 errors one by one and fixed them all. This may be the long lost UltraHLE after all, in source and binary. Before anyone gets excited, it appears to have some issues. Ive been able to get it to run. The source has been brought to my attention by linker` and CpuMasteR.

Warning: Dont expect much from this build!

Here's a link to a mirrored site of the geocities page with the original [unmodified] file (thanks flow``). This version of the source has too many errors to compile correctly:

http://www.emulation64.com/freeflow-page.html

Below are modified, compilable versions of the souce:

http://n64.hit.bg/uhle_source.rar
http://evil.emulation64.com/files/uhle_source.rar

Last edited:

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Pir4nhaX said:

This:
[00:15:33] <Pir4nhaX> imagine UltraHLE Running with Plugin Specs :-DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!

Why FIGHT??
Today is another 4 of July!

Bah, i had that idea before we even got it to work... :cool:

R2xDelta

Wow... I've seen enough fake source UltraHLE source codes to make me cautious, but if this is the one... Too bad it's not 1.5, but I won't complain too much. I'd love to know where this comes from, though...

linker

Emutalk Member
R2xDelta said:
Wow... I've seen enough fake source UltraHLE source codes to make me cautious, but if this is the one... Too bad it's not 1.5, but I won't complain too much. I'd love to know where this comes from, though...

GO to emulation64.com! FAST FAST FAST! GO!

Dave2001

Hehe, I already added space support :)

changed the "rom" command to:

else IFIS(p,"rom")
{
p=param_w_spaces(&tp);
print("note: Loaded rom image from '%s'\n",p);
boot(p,0);
}

& added this code near the normal param function:

// like the above, but allows spaces; for filenames
char *param_w_spaces(char **tp)
{
static char buf[256];
char *d=buf,*s=*tp,*end,*last;

*buf=0;

// skip space
while(*s && *s<=32) s++;

// find last non-space character
end=s;
last=s;
while (*end) {
if (*end++ > 32) last = end;
}

while (s < last) {
*d++ = *s++;
}
*d = 0;

*tp=last;

return(buf);
}

[edit] changed an "end" to "last", but shouldn't make a difference; just a little more correct ;)

Last edited:

skull1

im9i7
Dave2001 said:
Hehe, I already added space support :)

changed the "rom" command to:

else IFIS(p,"rom")
{
p=param_w_spaces(&tp);
print("note: Loaded rom image from '%s'\n",p);
boot(p,0);
}

& added this code near the normal param function:

// like the above, but allows spaces; for filenames
char *param_w_spaces(char **tp)
{
static char buf[256];
char *d=buf,*s=*tp,*end,*last;

*buf=0;

// skip space
while(*s && *s<=32) s++;

// find last non-space character
end=s;
last=s;
while (*end) {
if (*end++ > 32) last = end;
}

while (s < end) {
*d++ = *s++;
}
*d = 0;

*tp=end;

return(buf);
}

shit thats all what it needs to have space support and rm and epsilonman can't be botherd to ad that from the start?

verta

looks like someone beat dominator at fixing the space bug in the roms. HEHe wonder what he has to say about that.

RatTrap

GODLIKE
as nice as it is to have the source for this old emu.. somehow i feel some ppl are making to much big of a deal over it :p..

ok so it's uhle.. i guess many of you guys started out in this scene when it came out.. (to me you where all noobs back then though hehe :p )..

one nice thing with the source i think will be that it might help Azi with his sound plugins somewhat.. and it might help a litle with the ppl making glide plugins.. i'm not sure.. other than that.. i doubt it'll be much use now.. since it would probably need a complete remake.. more or less.. to become/work like a real emulator.. or am i wrong?..

of course my buddy DominaTor.. (where are you :p ).. might be able to have some fun with it too :).. or maybe he'll be pissed :/ i dunno hehe.. we'll see..

Mayco

yeah, i think that dominator also don't like that, imagine how many time he spend on debugging that thing and dissassembling and all that stuff... I hope he like it and with that stuff he might be able to optimize suprahle even better.