What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Kerb's Mariokart re-texture

SithLord666

Banned
wow that looks good Magikoopa cant wait to use him lol,
i was wondering is that a good emulator?? i usually just use project64

Xalies

Sonicjam said:
mario kart hires images is not working for me
\

wow, sucks to be you

maybe you should read threads and find out how to use the plugin and not just say it don't work for you

Mojo Man!!!

texture thief
Vanit, some surfaces are comprised of more than one texture pasted together. Sometimes textures don't end up mapped perfectly and the result is a 1 pixel overlap between them. My guess is that the bottom texture is ontop of the upper one. When one scales the texures up 4x the gap also increases by 4x. Thus, to fix the problem crop off the bottom 4 pixels of the top texture and place it ontop of the original texture. This also happens to the picture of princess peach on the front of the castle on SM64. This is what I did and it looks perfect.
Pic1: basic fix leaves a trensparent gap on the bottom (shown white here).
Pic2: clone the bottom pixels to fill the rest, use this if you get a gap between the two textures

Last edited:

Weatherton

I'm using Alex Penev's sweet programs to aid my process, I have the head section about 1/3 of the way done :)

I'm also using a GameShark code to change Yoshi's name to "M.Koopa"

The code is:
Yoshi = "M.Koopa"
800EFDDC004D
800EFDDD002E
800EFDDE004B
800EFDDF006F
800EFDE0006F
800EFDE10070
800EFDE20061

As for progress :) :

MagiKoopa_ingame_10-3-2005.JPG

OP
Kerber2k

Kerber2k

If your texture dont load its because you have the wrong rom dump most likely. The easiest way to find out is to read the rom's internal name it should be MARIOKART64, then and only then with the textures load. btw I did the clone 1pixel of information thing on my neon faces, it didnt really work all to well ;( WIP none the least.

Last edited:
OP
Kerber2k

Kerber2k

Animated faces on RR complete, but I didnt waste all my time aligning them because I dont think they all overlap the same way...anyhow ill probably just post them here so anyone who wants to try to fiddle with them to get them to align properly will be allowed, and apreciated. Now on with the map tweaks.

Last edited:
OP
Kerber2k

Kerber2k

Heres Princess...didnt even bother to chop her up and load her in-game because im just going to finish Bowser, Wario and Toad first.

[ROLO]

Your Boss
dude you are doing an excellent job for a great game that probably is one of the most played today (I still play it very often in multiplayer) and with your pack it's going to be a lot better :)

Vanit

Kerb: You might want to fix up your starting lines (I also had this problem at first when I was doing my own MK mod), because 2 squares seem to meet in the middle.

OP
Kerber2k

Kerber2k

Yea thats somthing I noticed a long time ago, forgot and then started on the Rainbow Road thing..you know how it is with being side-tracked.