What's new

RDB WIP-download improved files & help test PJ64 game compatibility please!

maximius

Smiff said:
aha, this is a good time to say, if you're going to do a post like that, which is good, please attach a pic of what you see, and ideally a pic of what you should see (googling the game often works).

I see it's using pixel shaders 1.1+ on the cape.. which you don't have on a GF2MX.. so it's hardware issue sorry.
you can't select d3d device any more in d3d8 plug, i need to find out if there;s an easy way to get reference rasterize going now so people can confirm themselves if issue is system related.

Texture Filter CAUSES the pink edges for me.
Legacy Pixel Pipeline CAUSES the cape bug for me.

Just thought I should point this out, and maybe the Texture filter needs some work :alien2:

EDIT:

PS -- This is about Quest 64 :santa:

My Specs:

Intel Northwood 2.02GHz Processor
768MB RAM
Radeon 9200SE Atlantis Video Card

Last edited:

Speedfreak69

Smiff said:
Speedfreak69,
NHL Pro 99 you can see players through sign boards
what's wrong with this please? sorry i'm being stupid/don't know the game..

Sorry i suppose i should not have said sign boards.
i meant you can see the players through the wall of the rink.

John Romero's Daikatana (E) (M3) [!] and (U) [!] go to options then video type and you cannot change in high-resolution mode as it cannot detect an expansion pak

Kira to Kaiketsu! 64 Tanteidan (J) [!] after you choose your characters then when you are all standing on the game board the 2 boxes on the right hand side flash (the map and box below it)

Rush 2 - Extreme Racing USA (U) [!] during the intro down the bottom of some screens letters can be seen

Getter Love! Cho Renai Party Game (J) [!] eyes and mouths are missing off people

Gex 64 - Enter the Gecko (E) [!] and (U) [!] water is not right and the introduction to each mission and cutscenes i dont know if the top and bottom of the screen should be blue ( i thought it would have been black can someone confirm this ???)

Golden Nugget 64 (U) [!] all of the people, games and cards are black and is there supposed to be green around all of the writing throughout the game

Fox Sport College Hoops '99 (U) [!] players names have glitches coming off them sometimes

Ganbare Nippon! Olympics 2000 (J) [!] game only takes up 1/4 of the screen

Wheel of Fortune (U) [!] when the woman talks it is out of sync (still doesnt work properly with Sync game to audio ticked)

Last edited by a moderator:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Speedfreak69 said:
Gex 64 - Enter the Gecko (E) [!] and (U) [!] water is not right and the introduction to each mission and cutscenes i dont know if the top and bottom of the screen should be blue ( i thought it would have been black can someone confirm this ???)
I can confirm both of the problems on Gex 64 using a card with Pixel Shaders 2.0 support (ATI X600).

Speedfreak69

Chou Kuukan Night Pro Yakyuu King (J) [!] bug

Chou Kuukan Night Pro Yakyuu King (J) [!] graphic glitches throughout game and just play a quick game and it will close down Project 64 (it closes down at different places there is no one spot it will close down,i batted first all got out pretty quick then when i was pitching it happened)

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Chou Kuukan Night Pro Yakyuu King (J) ,
can you try Protect Memory and Register Caching OFF for that please

Speedfreak69

Smiff said:
Chou Kuukan Night Pro Yakyuu King (J) ,
can you try Protect Memory and Register Caching OFF for that please

I tried it with the setting it seems a bit better but it still crashes out just not so much any more

Worms - Armageddon (E) (M3) [!] and (U) (M3) [!]
graphics are missing (trees) and anything that blows left or right out of the screen (clouds,bats,leaves) all glitch up (i used quickstart)

maximius

Mega Man 64 (U) [!] Graphical Problem

Mega Man 64 (U) [!]

For some reason Mega Man 64 is showing up very oddly for me.

Super2xSal, Texture Filters and Legacy Pixel Pipeline are Enabled in this screenshot (tried all other settings, no improvements).

Techman

Nolifer
maximius said:
Mega Man 64 (U) [!]

For some reason Mega Man 64 is showing up very oddly for me.

Super2xSal, Texture Filters and Legacy Pixel Pipeline are Enabled in this screenshot (tried all other settings, no improvements).

IIRC those lines went away for me when I put a lower resolution and used windowed mode.

EDIT: But I'm not sure I'll have to check that.

Speedfreak69

CyberTiger (U) [!] and (E) [!] texture of all the golfers is not right and during the game press start then quit and the game freezes up

in Custom Robo (J) [!] you can see things or people through other things (the boy in the closet)

in Custom Robo V2 (J) [!] you can see things or people through other things (the boy in the closet)

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Custom Robo series,
fountains look ok to me (default settings, GF3)
agree with depth problem
need state for big 3d robot please

thanks as ever Speedfreak69 you're doing an A+ job. i try to get everything you report in but you'll appreciate things have to be checked out and there can be a lag.

can someone please give us a state for:
Conker
- matrix mode in heist level
many thanks

Speedfreak69

Smiff said:
thanks as ever Speedfreak69 you're doing an A+ job. i try to get everything you report in but you'll appreciate things have to be checked out and there can be a lag.

can someone please give us a state for:
Conker
- matrix mode in heist level
many thanks

No problem, good to see that you are doing a top job with the RDB :)

zeeky

EmuTalk n00b
San Francisco Rush 2049 (U) [!]

dosent work with the 1.6 gfx plugin

and has probs with 1.5.2

backround:missing large parts of backround
trees:weird stuff(might be backround)on edges of trees
transparent:loots of stuff transparent
transparent2:a nother pic of transparent stuff

(sry bout pic quality i had to save as a gif to get it to fit)

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Custom Robo,
again the big robot looks ok.
you sure you haven't got Force Alpha checked?

San Fran Rush 2049,
looks ok to me, this game is very hardware heavy, probably your system?

Conker,
Matrix mode looks fine to me, do you have to play for a while?

Last edited:

zeeky

EmuTalk n00b
Smiff said:
Custom Robo,

San Fran Rush 2049,

Conker,
well right now i'm useing my 5700le

i'll pop in my 6600gt and see what it dose later

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
zeeky, suggestion:
use lower resolution and compress a decent amount with JPG.

edit: i was talking about screenshots to post here.

Last edited:

zeeky

EmuTalk n00b
hmm

well my 5700le was running at stock(226/360)so i overclocked to to 480/460 and it still had probs(yes in 640/480)

i'll stick in my 6600gt and see how it dose

edit: ok i got my 6600gt in

i'll post results after i get the drivers in

edit2: ok i put the 6600gt in and it still has the same prob

so by high system requirement you mean a fx-55@3ghz and 2 6800ultras in sli?

edit#: oh ok i use 640x480 next time that ok?

Last edited:

F-3582

Sorry, I had to...
Smiff said:
Custom Robo,

San Fran Rush 2049,

Conker,
About Conker, I didn't notice anything wrong either. The only glitch you can still see is the motion blur effect, e.g. when Conker wakes up the next morning. The "Copy FB to RDRAM" option didn't help anything.

Speedfreak69

Smiff said:
Custom Robo,

you are correct.
for some reason ??? Force Alpha was checked (and i never touch anything in the advanced settings, that is strange)

I went through the games again that i tested in the last few days and edited my posts

Last edited:

mathesar

F-3582 said:
About Conker, I didn't notice anything wrong either. The only glitch you can still see is the motion blur effect, e.g. when Conker wakes up the next morning. The "Copy FB to RDRAM" option didn't help anything.

I also noticed when comparing Conker emulation to my actual N64 its also missing some 'halo' effects around lights ,for example in the screenshot below the big green light on the wall should have a halo / glow effect around it.

conkermissinghalo8dc.jpg