What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Beta version 6.1.1 beta10

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
I don't think there is a green texture problem. You'd better to check your own computer.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
_pm_ said:
Rice, if you mean the beta10, it looks like something got broken here (first screenshot, using OpenGL): the tab shows but it is not placed correctly, and you need to switch characters pressing left or right to make it appear for first time.
OGL was working fine before, with the same settings, that's why I posted a 6.1.0 screenshot in my previous messages (the 6.1.0 shot is just to show it was working fine, you know that I can't use 6.1.0 due to all the replication bugs).
I wanted to help, so I tracked the problem myself trying with the old betas, and found that the bug started after beta6 (the second screenshot is from beta6, as you see, the texture loads and shows correctly). Beta8 has the bug, and I couldn't test beta7, so I guess the problem is with something you changed between beta6 and beta8.

Talking about OpenGL, I have random flickering textures with OGL renderer when playing in a stage (for example, playing Hyrule Castle in VS Mode). I couldn't take a screenshot of this, the textures seem to dissapear and reappear only for a frame. The same happens with hires textures disabled.

I tried it and I still don't have the tab placement problem on my computer here, with either DirectX or OpenGL, with hires or regular texture. I guess we will deal with it later.

_pm_

Pathetic Member
Rice said:
I tried it and I still don't have the tab placement problem on my computer here, with either DirectX or OpenGL, with hires or regular texture. I guess we will deal with it later.
Rice, I've found the cause of the problem: For some reason, when I started testing the 4X texture yesterday, I had made a fast copy of the file (CTRL+C + CTRL+V in Explorer) and I forgot to delete it.

In other words, I had two files with the same checksum:
SMASH BROTHERS#F4D6BF2B#4#0_all.png
Copy of SMASH BROTHERS#F4D6BF2B#4#0_all.png

Removing the "Copy of..." solved the problem.
And yes, it works fine in OpenGL. :)

TallgeeseIII said:
my hires textures flicker in ogl mode too, but i haven't seen it do it in directx at all.
Well, nice to know I'm not the only one with this problem. Do you have the flickers in SSB or in other games?

TallgeeseIII

th only games i've tried hires textures on are ocarina of time and majora's mask and they flicker a lot in oot, especially the grass.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Is the dirty patch of the road flickering, or the grass flickering?

The dirty on road could flash, from machine to machine, from DirectX to opengl, because of different implementation of polygon depth offset. Some vendor has better implementation on DirectX, other vendors do it better with opengl.

There IS NO good solution for this problem. If you try other plugins, you could see similar problems.

TallgeeseIII

the grass, i used to have the problem with the dirt flasing with my old gfx card but this time it's definutely due to the hires textures, the grass doesn't flicker when they're turned off.

HoJu Simpson

I'm sure the 'flickering' is just aliasing. I replaced a lot of Wipeout textures and the game 'flickered' a lot. Turned on 'anti-aliasing' and it stopped it. Unless you're talking about something else it's that simple.

KMan

The Wu Tang Master
Is there some way of resolving issues between duplicate hi-res replacement textures?

Either have a text file dumped listing what duplicates where found, or have it only use the newest one. With all of these retexturing projects going on, it's going to get messy with 4-5 variations of the same texture.

Also, is there a way to have a list of textures/files in the game's hires directory that aren't being loaded by the game? Not sure if that would be possible because it wouldn't know if it's not using a texture if it's not even getting called.

_pm_

Pathetic Member
Rice, any ideas about this one? (first screenshot, yellow Kirby)
It seems to happen only in OpenGL, when both Kirbys are using the "same" texture, but different palette CRCs.
Btw, the good thing is that DirectX is working fine here. (second screenshot)
Thanks

Mr.53535

when ever i put my own edit textures from WWF no mercy in the hires_texture files, they don't load up and I found out that the textures only work if they are 32bit. I use paint or PSP9 to edit them but when I save my edit textures they turn to 24bit, how do I make them 32bit?. thanks

Last edited:

Kerber2k

Can anyone give me tips on how to dump with the b10 debug plugin. Perhaps a way to go about it more organized. This is in regards to dumping textures for goldeneye, and I noticed alot of duplicates.
Isnt there a way to dump textures into properly labled folders or somthing? Thanks for your time in advance.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
No, all files are created in the D:\ folder. It is hard coded. The duplicates are necessary. You can delete some of them if you don't need them.

Kerber2k

Rice said:
No, all files are created in the D:\ folder. It is hard coded. The duplicates are necessary. You can delete some of them if you don't need them.
-Update Ive been messing with the debug, and for some reason its dumping in my C drive....none of the dumps from there work when I make them into hi-rez curious. I just reinstalled emulator, and plugins fresh and new, and then I ran debug and dumped 1 texture it went directly into my C: drive after that it crashed and gave me a error. I dont think this is sapposed to happen. Somone else should try dumping goldeneye textures to see if somthing diffrent happends. I get no positive results...is there somthing I should change to make it work?

Last edited:

Gordon8452

pipes

i get the messed up pipes too, since version 6 does it to other textures too in some other levels, but most visible to the pipes, cant seem to fix it no matter what settings i use

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Well, I believe 4x is enough for most cases. I understand that some 4x textures could be still too small for you to easily work with in your image editing software. You could start with a 8x or 16x texture, and resize it down when you finish it.