What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Federelli's Retexture Pack for Zelda OOT and MQ

Amon_Knives

Film Student
Federelli said:
I'd pretty much forget about using this pack if you have anything in your PC that says MX, aka, crap.

Well, it's better than what I had before, integrated graphics, aka, a piece of s***.

Stop It

Federelli said:
I'd pretty much forget about using this pack if you have anything in your PC that says MX, aka, crap.

I have a logitech MX500, and its certainly not crap :p lovely pack btw, It gives zelda a whole new feel, I cant wait for you to finish the menu GUI though, having some of the fonts i his-res and some not (The R/Z icons is a case in point) ruins the effect, keep up the good work though :)

OP
Federelli

Federelli

Beta Tester
Not with my pack, unless not once it's finished :). I'll add a special not, saying how Voodoo 3 and geforce MX cards are not supported :D.

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Uh.. federelli. Your textures change nothing as far as the videocard being able to run Rice's plugin well.. his MX4000 should be able to just fine. Also Amon, it's not VRAM size that determines the capabilities of the card..

What combiner mode are you using?

TallgeeseIII

Federelli's point is don't come complaining to him about the textures if you don't have a beefy videocard, he's not going to take pity and reduce the textures.

Dejital

Wow, great job on the pack. I'm using it and it's looking fantastic!
I've started retexturing Link's face by simply drawing it over in paint and resizing it. Yes, paint. :saint:

The retexture makes his face look a lot sharper, and less blurry and aa'd.
Just try them out and get rid of the "Face" folder if you don't like them.

(Note: Extract into the hires_texture\THE LEGEND OF ZELDA folder)

Here are the before and after pictures:

Last edited:

Amon_Knives

Film Student
TallgeeseIII said:
Federelli's point is don't come complaining to him about the textures if you don't have a beefy videocard, he's not going to take pity and reduce the textures.

That would be a good point... as for my card, its crap, i know its crap, but I'm not complaining. Also, if anyone can help me out with the bmp format texture problems i was having ealier...i still really need help. I've taken up a vow to try to retexture kokiri forest in it's entirety (If Fed or Kman is already working on this, thats fine, im just trying out my stuff) Keep up the great work!

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
gandalf said:
maybe that MX 4000 have an 32-bit bus of memory, really a crap

There's no such thing as 32-bit DDR, aside from the 6200TC.

Even then, speed has nothing to do with incorrect textures.

OP
Federelli

Federelli

Beta Tester
My pack is already 5.16MB with 408 texture files. Imagine once i've done more than 3500 textures :).

Amon_Knives

Film Student
Federelli said:
My pack is already 5.16MB with 408 texture files. Imagine once i've done more than 3500 textures :).

oooo...goosebumbs. This is going to be awsome when you guys are done with it.

Here's a pic of my work, the first is what png textures work, the second is how the bmp images look, including the gorons back as i mentioned before. Just showing you guys whats going on....ok, I'm shutting up for tonight. :alien2:
(btw, first is in the lost woods, as you can tell by the un-worked-on grass as compared to the kokiri forest in the second)

Last edited:

optimus$prime

fed: which version of master quest should work with your pack E or U?

nice progress! don' t stop it :bouncy:

Last edited:

Dejital

I added a few textures to my face pack.
All for Young Link, his eyes, mouth, and nose are 100% complete.
I have also added a belt buckle and a kokiri sword texture.

(Please extract into hires_texture\THE LEGEND OF ZELDA folder)

Amon_Knives

Film Student
Dejital said:
I added a few textures to my face pack.
All for Young Link, his eyes, mouth, and nose are 100% complete.
I have also added a belt buckle and a kokiri sword texture.

(Please extract into hires_texture\THE LEGEND OF ZELDA folder)

Um, dude, you might want to try using photoshop instead of paint...because...well, how can I put this...he looks like a cross between a girl's eyes and WW link. You also need to do some shading on the sword, looks a bit to...wind waker-ish. Like I said, try photoshop.

Dejital

Amon_Knives said:
Um, dude, you might want to try using photoshop instead of paint...because...well, how can I put this...he looks like a cross between a girl's eyes and WW link. You also need to do some shading on the sword, looks a bit to...wind waker-ish. Like I said, try photoshop.
True, but it looks pretty good ingame. :icecream:

I would make it look better, but I don't know how to change the palette of a texture. I can't figure it out. :yucky: