What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Federelli's Retexture Pack for Zelda OOT and MQ

Reznor007

Here's a screenshot of Zelda OOT from a real N64 at the same spot as Fed's picture. I don't see any transparency, so I'm guessing there is a bug in the plugin.

Reznor007

If you need other screenshots to confirm things, here's a list of games I have at my house:
Mario, Mario Kart, Z-OOT, Z-MM, BanjoK, BanjoT, Pwings, Bcorps, Star Fox, Goldeneye, PD, DKR, JFG, SSB, Gauntlet Legends, and a pile more at my parents house.

Amon_Knives

Film Student
Ok, one problem I noticed with v 15 is that the goron's back is...a little messed up. See the picture to see what I mean. Also, in the dumps, if it is originally a .bmp file with ci on the end, does it have to stay that way, because when i tried that it started acting like the gorons back.

Reznor007

Rice, what time of day in the game was it when you took your shot? Certain parts appear to be lit differently. Mine was taken immediately at morning time after I played the sun song in the castle then stepped outside.

Rice

Emulator Developer
Reznor007 said:
Rice, what time of day in the game was it when you took your shot? Certain parts appear to be lit differently. Mine was taken immediately at morning time after I played the sun song in the castle then stepped outside.

I changed from adult link to young link and then walked out from the city. I guess the time was a little later then yours.

KMan

The Wu Tang Master
Amon_Knives said:
Ok, one problem I noticed with v 15 is that the goron's back is...a little messed up. See the picture to see what I mean. Also, in the dumps, if it is originally a .bmp file with ci on the end, does it have to stay that way, because when i tried that it started acting like the gorons back.

Ahh. I wasn't sure if I got all of the other ci textures taken care of with their less than 256 color pallettes. I'll fix that.

Fed- I made the temple of time textures a bit darker for a couple of reasons.
1- It looks better. Before it was a very high key environment for an old temple.
2- Look at the temple from the outside. It's a darker more earthy color. I split the difference with the textures that I redid. When I get the rest of them done, it'll fit in much better.

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
I think temple of time is very good kman (not too darkness) continue with federelli your work , you are the best

optimus$prime

KMan said:
Fed- I made the temple of time textures a bit darker for a couple of reasons.
1- It looks better. Before it was a very high key environment for an old temple.
2- Look at the temple from the outside. It's a darker more earthy color. I split the difference with the textures that I redid. When I get the rest of them done, it'll fit in much better.

i agree; it looks more realistic

Trizesta

hey everyone! fantastic job with the realistic OOT retexture packs! however, i have a problem and suggestions that i'd like to share with you... my problem is that when running the textures, there are certain places in the game where there's major slowdown and sound-studdering (the most notable location is when standing in hyrule field in front of and facing the drawbridge.) i know its the high-res textures that cause it, because if i disable them the game runs just fine. i'm running on a P4 2.60 ghz pc with a geforce 4 gpu, so i think my comp should be able to handle all the new textures without a hitch...so is it a plugin problem? is it my emulator (project64)? ...and as for my suggestions, i'd really like to see child and adult link's character models retextured, retexturing of the wall surfaces in places like hyrule field, and new sun and sky graphics (along with the addition of stars in the night sky, like in MM.) anyway, thanks to all the graphics hackers here for working towards an incredible new OOT experience! :happy:

Last edited:

TallgeeseIII

Trizesta said:
hey everyone! fantastic job with the realistic OOT retexture packs! however, i have a problem and suggestions that i'd like to share with you... my problem is that when running the textures, there are certain places in the game where there's major slowdown and sound-studdering (the most notable location is when standing in hyrule field in front of and facing the drawbridge.) i know its the high-res textures that cause it, because if i disable them the game runs just fine. i'm running on a P4 2.60 ghz pc with a geforce 4 gpu, so i think my comp should be able to handle all the new textures without a hitch...so is it a plugin problem? is it my emulator (project64)? ...and as for my suggestions, i'd really like to see child and adult link's character models retextured, retexturing of the wall surfaces in places like hyrule field, and new sun and sky graphics (along with the addition of stars in the night sky, like in MM.) anyway, thanks to all the graphics hackers here for working towards an incredible new OOT experience! :happy:

well, even though i haven't worked on the project and have no real influence here, there's some problems with your requests, the new walls and sun textures i'm assuming will be done in time. however link's textures are color indexed which makes them very difficult to update, they have a set pallette of colors they can use, so making higher resolution textures won't actually look much better than the old ones did. also i recall rice saying he was having a problem with the sky textures dumping properly.

also with the lag you mentioned, i'm running the pack on project64 as well and you can see my pc's stats in my signature, our pc's are fairly close in power but i don't have any lag problems (in fact i can get the framerate up to about 180 at the lowest when i turn frame limiting off) it's most likely the difference in video cards or something but just check and make sure you aren't running anything else in the background.

Amon_Knives

Film Student
ok, i still cant get the ci textures to work. I've tried retexturing the crates and the walls of the kakariko village homes, but they always end up like the gorons back like before. Is there something differant I need to do with those that I havn't done with the .png textures? Because I have done plenty of those, including a new wooden sign (see below). Kman, what was that thing you talked about ealier about the 256 color palette?

EDIT #1: I experience the lag as well

Last edited:
OP
Federelli

Federelli

Beta Tester
I'd pretty much forget about using this pack if you have anything in your PC that says MX, aka, crap.