Not open for further replies.
OP
soniclink2

soniclink2

more beta quest

Hyper190 said:
what is the strangest thing you guys seen in beta qwest

any reply's

what about this image looks like the cutscene when you learn song of time...

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
This is by far the strangest. An unused pedestal and two tektites in the water. Very glitchy area not very playable. There are also 2 jabu jabu models inside one another, though you cant see that in this shot. Ask Gent, my late hours of beta quest exploring and documenting left him bitter against beta. :saddam: :teehee:

Hyper190

Banned
Whoa!!!!!! That is creepy HHmmm....

Yo cool you cant get us a better screenshot of that?

2 jabus inside each other

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Sure. Using the specific things lean code, you can walk around in this area without having to worry about crashing. Most likely because the plane that the f'd up are was on is now leaning up (or down) somewhere. You can see the 2 jabu's fine, aswell. I've got an old beta thread which had some even more weird jabu-jabu shots I made, somewhere. I'll dig it up. :p :bouncy:

sheik124

Emutalk Member
pardon my stupidity, but just what the hell is beta quest, is it master quest? or is it a beta version of the zelda game

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
It's basically a modifier which throws you into a scrambled cutscene, in which the exits lead to "beta" areas, or sometimes areas which run on a different engine version and are calling on the old one (in this case it will freeze, most likely with a TLB error on load/store) In short, it's a way to access lost OoT stuff which we'd never be able to see elsewhere.

It starts you off somewhere in Hyrule field (with no buttons present, no navi, and no history of anything accomplished) where each exit from there has a different effect. I found a code which keeps the buttons and interface off and modified it for a reverse effect. If you want the interface in the beta quest, enter this code into PJ64:

Zelda OoT V1.0 (U)
8011B4B9 00FF
8011B92F 0000

If you need it to stay off, then enter this:

Zelda OoT V1.0 (U)
8011B4B9 00FF
8011B92F 0001

Only activate it when you're in the beta area that you need the interface. Activate the code, then press start. :phone:

Last edited:

ShadowFX

Guardian
How are you guys able to get that far into the beta-worlds. Most of time I try to go somewhere, it freezes.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
God I hate Beta :getlost:

& lol @ cool & his Constant Hover boots lmao.

Tried out Master Quest & MM Betas Yet ? :p

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Gent said:
God I hate Beta :getlost:

& lol @ cool & his Constant Hover boots lmao.

Tried out Master Quest & MM Betas Yet ? :p

Heh.. yep. Master Quest is basically the same with some different exit locations and alot more crashes. ;)

MM simply puts you in an area (or cutscene) and you play around in it.. I searched it for hours and found nothing different from the final version, except some invisible ground behing some walls etc.. but that's in the final ver. too. :( :yucky:

:icecream:

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
yep the whole thing builds up to a great big almighty {}:{ ;)

Nice to see you around Cool have a great Christmas Man (& say Hi To Mum For Me) :)

That goes for everyone else have a great one !

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Gent said:
yep the whole thing builds up to a great big almighty {}:{ ;)

Nice to see you around Cool have a great Christmas Man (& say Hi To Mum For Me) :)

That goes for everyone else have a great one !

Thanks Gent. It's good to see you around too. I've missed you (so has Mom ;) :p). :inlove: Merry christmas Gent & everyone else! :santa: (what better place to say merry christmas but in a thread about beta!) :robot:

P.S - Gent.. what happened to emu64cheats? :(

Last edited:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Here's a shot of a beta version of the Crater. Notice the green map which is also beta. :)

Hover boots effect doesn't look right but I'm not sure if jabo ever did get that working, cause it works with gln64. ;)

Hyper190

Banned
Kick ass !!! got any more???sceenshots

and are you suppose to enter the beta qwest code before you load the game, or do you hold Z as you go
through a door ???Tell all about it Cool Or Gent.

Because i tried and it doesnt work... help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.