What's new

1964 1.0 ?????

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
I heard it about it somewhere, I don't remember where (maybe here in ET) about a 1964 release, is this true?

ra5555

N64 Newbie
Yep, schibo said that v1.0 is coming, it will be released when it's ready. And, by the sound of his messages, it will be good! :p

OP
t0rek

t0rek

Wilson's Friend
Cool, ra5555 please tell me what do you know about it?
I have been busy with University, so I don't know anything about emulation news lately

ra5555

N64 Newbie
Well, so far, schibo said there will be speed improvements and no more choppy sound. The rest of what's new are surprises I guess.

firestarter

Mahoukenshi Master!
Domo. Domo. Domo. Domo! :robot:

OK, been watching too many "I Love the 80s" shows.....but still, it's good to know it's almost, and making progress like Satourne, the other emulator I'm watching. For the record, something good's coming out of this. :homestar:

Say, why not a Strong Bad or The Cheat smilie?

Knuckles

me too, I'm sure it will be the best emu around, since 1964 is the only good emu(compatibility, speed, stability) that is still in progress. I can't wait any longer .

:1964:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Knuckles 1964 is not the only good emu, PJ64 and others are good as well.

but i do think 1964 is the best.

firestarter

Mahoukenshi Master!
PJ64 is no doubt a good emulator.....but all of a sudden, it went slow on me for no apparent reason.......so I switched to this, and it's all the better.

1964 was running many games at a playable speed on a PII 400, and PJ64 requires a much more powerful system to get the same speed. 1964 is faster than Ultrahle 2064 for me (due the counter-factor option).

Lex

mightyrocket said:
the only good emu THAT IS STILL IN PROGRESS. PJ64 is discontinued, and for the other emus the hard but real truth.
ultrahle 2064 is making some progress to

scotty

The Great One
1964 is a real good emulator, I hope that Rice's video plugin will be the best for this system. I stilll want that msvcr.dll that is used to have Jabo's plugins work included in the .exe or .zip file with the emulator

firestarter

Mahoukenshi Master!
mightyrocket said:
1964 was running many games at a playable speed on a PII 400, and PJ64 requires a much more powerful system to get the same speed. 1964 is faster than Ultrahle 2064 for me (due the counter-factor option).
Hmm...true.....but I have a modest level system (PIII 733, GeForce 2 GTS), and it was working fine before....ah, well, I'll deal with that another time....

Well, Perfect dark is running excellent on that system when using CF3 (some little sound skips, but they are fixed in the next version).

karth95

Lord of the Cats
I would venture to say that since they read the forums, if they had any desire to discuss everything they are doing/planning, they would. The way I see it, there are two problems with them popping in and dropping hints.
#1: If I was the author, and had a lot of REALLY cool stuff I was gonna do, and I told everyone...... and then ran out of free time, and couldn't get it all done... I think you'd be pretty pissed. In fact, you might start bad-mouthing the emulator just cause I wasn't able to make life perfect, just better.
#2: Whatever free time I had, I would spend trying to make the emulator better, rather than try to explain, in detail, to everyone who wants to know (and there are a lot of people who do) what and how and where.

Make sense?