What's new

1964 1.0 source code released.

Terranigma

Well, basically, the source code is important as it means programmers can easily improve the program without resorting to hacking the EXE.

Releasing the source code is big as then improvements to the emulator can be made. Like a full Linux port of 1964, for instance :)

So we can expect other programmers take a crack at making 1964 better? Sounds good to me!

Kreationz

Emulator Developer
1964 Version 1.1

Great to have you back and see an update on this. Time to celebrate

:1964::party::1964:

Also as to the comments above. Releasing the source also allows other developers like me to use the code in their own projects like we are currently doing with Rice's source on DaedalusX64. (AKA Daedalus for the PSP)

Last edited:

X-Fi6

Omfg nice :D

I never in a 100 trillion years would have thought 1964 would ever reach 1.0, let alone the source get released with it as well.

Anyways, since 1.1 is out... I guess I'll go try it out and give it to this dude on my Live contacts list that has a real crap computer.

Last edited:

gitech

N64 Artist
WOW! This is awesome!

I have to see if it Body Harvest works any better with this new release!

Thanks for your efforts and new found enthusiasm for a better N64 emulator!

Later,
Jay

Edit: I get no controls with Body Harvest, and Castlevania LOD is slow even though it's not "slowing down" and therefore off-timed to the sound.

Last edited:

vinipsmaker

C/C++ programmer, emacs user
REALLY NICE!
Thanks 1964 team!
Hope a new team will form and host it and create an advenced fork.
It's sad to see, that the Mupen+ team shows no love to the windows users, but I always prefered 1964 over mupen and PJ64 (even if I am an alpha tester! :D )

It's sad to see, that 1964 team shows no love to linux and mac users. The Mupen64plus devs uses cross-plataform toolkits and is possible compile the lastest versions (already there is a compilation, but is for the older 1.3 version) for windows (there is even a tutorial in the own mupen64plus official page), but seems no winusers wants compile (only one compilation is necessary and after this, any winuser will can play with M64+).

The 1964 uses windows-specific toolkits and this is the issue. 1964 needs a complete rewrite for work on linux or any1 os.

Anyway, 1964 is a good emulator.

EDIT:
I found a updated version of Mupen64plus for windows here

Last edited:

Toasty

Sony battery
In its present state, the SVN is basically a copy of version 1.1's source code. Hence, current SVN builds would be the same as version 1.1. Now anyone can easily contribute to the code in a central location, however. And if people do, then it will be worthwhile to build the new revisions.

klasa

Maybe an idea for a updated about box?
aboutbox.1.png

(Yeah, I know about the msn icon)