1964 1.0 source code released.

mode7

Great news, it finally happend.

Who will complie this?
My bad - there's a binary in the zip

schibo

Emulator Developer
Hey,

Please download version 1.1. I'm a fool and accidentally released an experimental compiler in version 1.0 which breaks games like Perfect Dark and Banjo Tooie.

Sorry,
schibo

OP
H

h4tred

Will do some testing on this. Eager to see what changed for myself :)

Who will complie this?
I was, I'm thinking about doing a NSIS based installer too, if people would like that.

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
That's very cool of the 1964 team!

So mainly released to support the Surreal64 teams efforts, the N64 emulator for XBox right?

Anyone know if Surreal64 has a support website or forum? I was under the impression that it was another XBox app using a 'not so legal' method of compiling it's binary???? I may well be wrong please tell me otherwise.

Anyway I'd be very interested in an updated version of it though.

thanks

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
REALLY NICE!
Thanks 1964 team!
Hope a new team will form and host it and create an advenced fork.
It's sad to see, that the Mupen+ team shows no love to the windows users, but I always prefered 1964 over mupen and PJ64 (even if I am an alpha tester! :D )

Iriez

Hey,

Please download version 1.1. I'm a fool and accidentally released an experimental compiler in version 1.0 which breaks games like Perfect Dark and Banjo Tooie.

Sorry,
schibo

Hardly a fool :) More like a king right now!!

Im one of the original Surreal64 project members. I've been in contact with the main developer of the project (lantus) over the past week regarding a major overhaul/upgrade on Surreal64. He's very excited, and even more so now that we have the full 1.1 !!!!! :)

Im proud to be a part of the project, and to have motivated you to release your source. Better late than never, though we gave it a valiant effort when the project was current(2004) to get you to give us source haha ; ) Im the one responsible for getting Azimer to release his sound source to us aswell :) :) :)

Rice was always extremely helpful regarding his video plugin, and troubleshooting/brainstorming feature idea's/bug fixes. I've not spoken to you in a long time, but Rice, if you see this...THANK YOU!

Schibo, im very pleased that you wish to keep up with the progress on Surreal, but we unfortunately do not maintain a CVS. Lantus was a one-man-show for the core/engine, so there was not much of a need to organize a repository. What we will be doing, is keeping updated on IRC in a private channel with another dev who has been talking to rice about doing some updates to the project. There have been quite a few people that have done some minor patching to the surreal64 project, but no one tht has been on lantus's level.

Thanks.

Clements

Absolutely amazing release! :)

Someone ought to update the ROM_Properties.ini though, it's a little old! An expert in 1964 should have no troubles.

Toasty

Sony battery
Sweet! It's about time something exciting happened around here. Many thanks and kudos to the 1964 team!

Terranigma

Ummm... I'm not a programmer nor do I know anything about programming, but can someone explain what does it mean to release the source code? everyone excited, but I don't know why.

OP
H

h4tred

Well, basically, the source code is important as it means programmers can easily improve the program without resorting to hacking the EXE.

Releasing the source code is big as then improvements to the emulator can be made. Like a full Linux port of 1964, for instance :)

Felipe

Brazilian Translator
I was, I'm thinking about doing a NSIS based installer too, if people would like that.

are you kidding? An installer made with nsis compressed with lzma and solid compression would be really nice. ;)

i dont know if there is a place for this but this is the brazilian portuguese translation of 1964 updated and fixed, i hope it can be included someday.

Note: i cant use attachments in the forum. : /

http://www.4shared.com/file/91869714/ede04970/Brazilian_Portuguese_1964_099.html

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Hate to be an annoyance but anyone got Jabos video plugin (1.6) to work on this? I get nothing but a black screen

Clements

Nope, it doesn't work for me either. The v1.5.2 version does, which you probably already know.

Ly Mathews

I don't like Castlevania
@ ScottJC and Clements

I'm sure you tried it before but it wasn't working for me at first so i unchecked all the options in Advanced tab, in Rom Settings tab i left all options Default, then it worked. Also i'm using Schibo's Audio plugin, N-Rage 1.83 for input and no RSP in my prehistoric GeForce MX440.