What's new

Pictures of a (dead ?) software gfx plugin

WildNinji

Hacktarux said:
This software plugin is still using HLE, that's a first step to a LLE plugin but it's not there yet. So no, these games won't work yet.
What does it miss to be a LLE plugin? I see that all it still need is an implementation of RSP vector opcodes.
Can't you merge the zilmar RSP Interpreter/Compiler with this plugin?

ciruZ

Hm, I think LLE isn't that important. It would be more important to have a performant gfx plugin for systems without GLX support due to the lack of drivers there. So I think Hacktarux should do more on optimisations then on LLE because noone needs a LLE Plugin with ~ 4 FPS. That's really too less to play, so noone can use it productively. But if it would be more performant, but non-LLE, then it would be useful for a lot of people who don't have an accelarated gfx driver under their OS and it would be used by more people then a LLE-Plugin with 4 fps. For example, I'm unaccelerated on my Laptop and when I'm under NetBSD I'm unaccelerated at my Desktop, too (only 2D Accel). So I would really like to see a fast software gfx plugin like there are a lot for the PSX Emulators.

OP
Hacktarux

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
WildNinji said:
What does it miss to be a LLE plugin? I see that all it still need is an implementation of RSP vector opcodes.
Can't you merge the zilmar RSP Interpreter/Compiler with this plugin?

zilmar's RSP can be used with a lle gfx plugin but the plugin should still support all the lle function (it includes the triangle functions for example).

Flash

Technomage
BTW is it possible to build linux version from CVS sources ?
I can't compile it

[root@stardome mupen64_soft_gfx]# make
g++ -DUSE_GTK -Wall `gtk-config --cflags` -O3 -mcpu=athlon -ffast-math -funroll-loops -fomit-frame-pointer -msse -mfpmath=sse -c -o main.o main.cpp
main.cpp: In function `void MoveScreen(int, int)':
main.cpp:162: error: `moveScreen' undeclared (first use this function)
main.cpp:162: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in.)
make: *** [main.o] Error 1

piccolo17486

Hi,
someone still working on this?
just intrested...

ehm and can someone help me to compile this..
just downloaded the source from cvs and tried make .. sure its not that easy..
i end with this error:
Code:
g++  -DUSE_GTK -Wall `gtk-config --cflags` -O3 -mcpu=athlon -ffast-math -funroll -loops -fomit-frame-pointer -msse -mfpmath=sse  -c -o main.o main.cpp
main.cpp: In function `void MoveScreen(int, int)':
main.cpp:162: error: `moveScreen' undeclared (first use this function)
main.cpp:162: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each
   function it appears in.)
make: *** [main.o] Fehler 1

Last edited:

ciruZ

ciruZ said:
Seems like some preprocessor defines are missing ;).
;)

Shouldn't be too hard to fix it since I think it's defined somewhere in the source. So only the preprocessor defines are missing or the class definition isn't complete.

piccolo17486

öhmm hehe didnt read the last posts ;)
ok i dont know what you mean.. what exactly do i have to do?
EDIT1:
hehe ok just put that part of code out of the main.cpp..
now lets see if it still works..
EDIT2:
ok works.. and yes its slow..

Last edited: