What's new

glNintendo64() v0.4 high-res framebuffer emulation

Trotterwatch

You will find a lot if you search, you will then find that looking in the plugin settings will yield you an option to turn on framebuffer. Selecting that option will magically turn on framebuffer emulation.

NeoNight

Hey I just tired this plugin with nemu playing sin and punishment and I got to say wow! (Mainly referring to the experimental hardware frame buffer emulation), other then the rest of the pretty graphics.

If you activate and deactivate the option at certain times you can get what seems to be full frame buffer emulation working fine. Again I only noticed this with sin and pushiment.

Now I have a question for orkin (assuming he still gets a chance to visit the boards) is it possible to make an option for what I guess you can call auto-detect hardware frame buffer emulation? Mainly the plugin would work with the emulator or maybe the rom to detect when to use the hardware frame buffer emulation. As soon as I get a chance am going to take a picture of the motion blur effect or other special effects in Sin and Punishment - Tsumi To Batsu (though the pic won't be as good as seeing the effect in action).

Last edited:

Trotterwatch

Yeah GLN64 framebuffer works for me really well in many games, Sin and Punishment as noted above looks great - even better is there seems to be none or very little performance cost. PD also looks great.

CaptainN

I've noticed a motion blur in other games too, like Zelda Majora's Mask when you go into the menu (maybe in Zelda OoT too, in that game there is also long pause before it goes into the menu).

I'm using a Radeon 8500 128MB RAM (I think it also used to happen with my nForce (GeForce 4/2 MX).

Clements

You can get it from the download section, along with it's 'spiritual' successor, Direct64.