What's new

0.7.2 feedback goes here

Trotterwatch

Dreassica, you are entitled to your criticsm but please could we have it a little more constructive than a plain "This sucks".

The fact is people with similar systems to you, ie me and even people with lesser systems have managed to get 1964 to work perfectly. I believe your problems are more likely caused by User Error rather than anything to do with bad emulator programming.

dreassica

M<aybe the 1964 sucks phrase was a bit uncaaled for, it i should have said 1964 never worked for me or something like that
But the user error your suugesting can't be it, it never works even if i don't change anything, which suugests that my system has a "component or combination of hardware that makes the 1964 emu not work properly, but i haven't found it.
It sure isn't my graphics card it's a standard geforce 2 which seems to work in other systems using 1964

Trotterwatch

If you are using the default plugins for 1964 it will hardly ever work that is true. You should copy the plugins over from PJ64 and use them, Jabos 1.4 Direct 3d should be your defacto graphics plugin for example. The 1964 team themselves have admitted that their own OpenGL plugin leaves a lot to be desired, at the moment.

Anyways further feedback on the latest release, I have checked quite a lot of roms and have noticed a noticeable speed increase in the vast majority of them. 32bit mode works on the majority of roms I have tested it on also, so is well worth trying, just remember to save often as per the advice given in the readme.

The new audio plugin sounds brilliant, although it has major troubles when you pause the emulator at times - the stop sound on emulator pause option doesn't seem to work that well.

Apart from that, positive reaction from me thus far,

Kev

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Trotterwatch said:
The new audio plugin sounds brilliant, although it has major troubles when you pause the emulator at times - the stop sound on emulator pause option doesn't seem to work that well.
*COUGH*WIP*COUGH*
:hrm:

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Yer... I removed the pause code because it would mess up while I was debugging MP3. This WIP is a superWIP. Note: Private Beta 2 in the ABOUT screen and not Public Beta. I don't consider Public Betas WIPs... I consider then stable builds. Just a clarification.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
hmm weird. i think if u really up the CF u dont need to turn off linking nad sound works great. been conkers in CF6 with azis new plugin and the sound is amazing. just a bit jerky. just needs to be faster. perfect dark the same, sound is good on both CF 5 and CF6 , below that everything, including gfx slows down.

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
Assume 32bit doesnt work for me at all, heres a few examples

- Custom Robo - text screws up

- F Zero X - cant load title screen

- PD - doesnt load

- thps2 - missing polygons

ive only tested those.

generally does this option work on newer games, or older?

Eddy

I Run This
its in a WIP stage, so it works with few games, but i guess there will be a point where it works for most games, if not all.,

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
ya eddy i understand that

and i just read the readme again. the way they explained it, it shouldnt work with the newer games, just the older games that can be accomplished with a 32 bit core

schibo

Emulator Developer
Eddy said:
Rice, USA can be just called America, shouldnt take that much time to change.

hmm, no. America is not just USA. It is United States, Canada (North America), and South America

schibo

Emulator Developer
32bit core will never work for all games. The n64 is 64bit, but many games are optimized for use in 32bit mode only, which is why it works.

32bit-only cores are one reason why emulators like UltraHLE and Corn are not very compatible.

sk8bloke22

roll for life
i suppose as long as rice/schibo know wat games use the 32bit core, it doesnt really matter, well just notice the speed increases.

StonedConker

dreassica said:
1964 just plain sucks
I don't seem to get any game to run decent and it seems to crash constantly for no apparent reason.
It;s been a problem in every single release on my computer
Strangely PJ 64 works much better without having to change much in the options screen.

f*ck off.1964 is much faster.Throw away your athlon and get a real nitento 64 if you think you can be a judge

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
schibo said:
32bit core will never work for all games. The n64 is 64bit, but many games are optimized for use in 32bit mode only, which is why it works.

32bit-only cores are one reason why emulators like UltraHLE and Corn are not very compatible.

so generally, if the game works with corn or UltraHLE, it would work on ur 32bit core?

StonedConker said:
Throw away your athlon and get a real nitento 64 if you think you can be a judge

what does the athlon has to do with this?
i hav an athlon and PD goes 80FPS on 1964 for me!

Kakarot

Help!

1964 still doesn't work. Even when I turn off the "Link 4k blocks" option. Anyone have some ideas to fix this? Thanks

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
kakarot, does the emu not work for u or certain games?

the 4k linking only fixes certain games. if the emu itself doesnt work, something is wrong.