What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

mdta & Community OoT Re-texturing in Twilight Princess Style

UnaidedCoder

Your Better Half
Don;t worry, i got an idea for it already.

Btw someone mind giving me the name of the ROM this project is being perfornmed on?

M

MattiFS

Well there are 3 shields in both games, first shield, Hylian shield, and another, just so happens that in twilight princess th 3rd shield (in my list) is wooden, sure, if we CAN'T change the texture we could just make it more realistic but we might as well try.

UnaidedCoder

Your Better Half
Seriously guys, leave the mirror shield to me. I have the perfect idea on how to tie it in.

i think you all will love it.

M

MattiFS

Ok, i leave i to you, now I'm going to bed cause its 04:35AM, good night

Driscol

annoying you for over a year!
lol, my mums car is a mazda, and i think you can devote a measly 30 mins to retexturing in your bizzy car riding schedual

UnaidedCoder

Your Better Half
While fiddling with the shield to get a new functional design I wa looking for, i discovered something: God hates me.

Photoshop chahsed after an hour and a half of work :(

Ah well, the design i was using would have most likely been scrapped anyways since the game's anti aliasing blurred it into unrecognition.

I*i'll continue with the shield tomorrow.

Saisuke

THELEGENDOFZELDA-9.jpg

the bomb...

M

MattiFS

Ok, so UnaidedCoder is doing the Mirror Shield, Saisuke is doing bombs, lookin good btw, I'll try and do gloves, cant find the silver/golden gauntlets texture so if someone could post that it'd help but we need some one to do the HUD still, anyone up for it?

M

MattiFS

Could someone check the Kokiri forest pack to make sure it fully finished and if not then say whats left to be done.
EDIT: I can't do the glove cause i haven't got all the textures needed, so i'll try the back of the hylian shield.

Last edited:

UnaidedCoder

Your Better Half
Here is the current progress on the mirror shield:

mirrorshieldsu6.jpg

My original idea was to make it look like the Mirror of twilight, with the progressively smaller border design. this would have worked further in the sense that both the mirror and this shield are found in their respective game's gerudo desert dungeon.

However, the uv mapping cut me short since very little of the shields surface is actually covered by the texture, since both tetxures for it are mirrored and stretched to cover the entire surface. To use my original idea, I would have to remap the shield, which would void it's use with Rice.

Still has twilight inspiration however. Most of the dhapes i made were based off Zant and Midna's designs.

M

MattiFS

That looks awesome, how did ya find the textures? Anyway it looks like all the shield fronts are done.

Last edited: