What's new

Sega Model 2 arcade emulation

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
Grant64 said:
What is the best Sega Model 2 Emu???

There is only one... It is called Vurtua... It is really hard to get working... Has source code.. but doesnt look like the code has any hope... Lack of documentation ???

Look for yourself here...

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
blizz said:
yeah I thought development stopped on virtua because of lack of documentation

Acording to the Readme.txt, Says that the author didnt have enough time to continue the project... I decided to look at it... uses a Game library called allegro... Seems like Crap... Hardware documentation might be out there somewhere but the arcade documentation might be hard to find...

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
There has been a new update at emulatronia.com, and this emulator seems very promising...

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
So this is a new Model 2 emulator - Are there no model 1 emulators??? This looks great though! As I love Sega!!!

Snake785

Prepare for Descent.
WOW!!! I can't believe there is a Sega Model 2 emu in the making! Nice, I can't wait until Daytona USA get emulated :D

Grant64

DC Emu Fanatic
OK I want to talk about Model 2 dumps!!! Are all model 2 games dumped because AFAIK not many have been - Ie great games such as Top Skater and Wave Runner appeared to have never been dumped??? Can someone correct me on this issue!!!

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
i know of one good dump and it's virtuacop (1). Makes me happy to find out i may be able to replay one of my all time favorite games, in the form it was meant to be played, with the "insert coin" text flashing... ahh... memories... :happy: :satisfied

Stezo2k

S-2K
more than likely, due to the popularity of this emulator, kinda like rave racer being released just after viva nanno

Stez