What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

SuperMario64 - Dark World

SoopaKoopa

Let's face it. It was a dark day when the Princess was kidnapped, but everything in the default game is so colorful and 'happy'.

This texture project is to give it a more 'grim' look.
Outside Work In Progress
smdqz3.jpg

smd2xl6.jpg

Graxer

I see it more as a realistic look, not grim! Maybe you should replace the trees with dead ones!

OP
S

SoopaKoopa

I guess "Grim" wasn't the word I was looking for. :whistling

Good idea with the tree!

Here's some more of the progress.
2ub4.jpg

3xa2.jpg

4tr0.jpg

Akasagi

Apprentice
Now we gotta remix the songs, and make them slower and more serious and replace the soundtrack!

OP
S

SoopaKoopa

Thanks. I was going to do OOT and Majora's Mask, but they've been done to death.

I'd really like to do GoldenEye too, but it dumps a million and a half textures.

Enzo Dragon

STFU, NAVI
Thanks. I was going to do OOT and Majora's Mask, but they've been done to death.

I'd really like to do GoldenEye too, but it dumps a million and a half textures.
You could always lend your prowess to the community project for OoT in TP style.

However, you've definitely got something going here. I think that this is the first time I've seen a "realistic" SM64, and the way you're doing it, it works great.